Western Carribbean, Conquest vs Legend

dnmccoy

Hello all, fairly new to the boards, but have been lurking for a little while. My wife and I are looking to do the Western Carribbean Dec '13 and are trying to decide between the Legend or the Conquest. I know the legend is a little smaller, and more $$, but it also sails from Tampa while the Conquest sails from Miami. My wife and I sailed on the Glory which is a Conquest style ship and had a blast!

Thanks in advance!

Conquest just went thru a huge dry dock and has all the new 2.0.

New flat screen tvs in the cabins, the new foods, new pizza, new tastings bar, new guys burgers, new cantina, new blue rocking chairs.

Conquest is also a newer ship.

Depends on where you live. I assume florida if you are leaning toward Legend?

Hello all, fairly new to the boards, but have been lurking for a little while. My wife and I are looking to do the Western Carribbean Dec '13 and are trying to decide between the Legend or the Conquest. I know the legend is a little smaller, and more $$, but it also sails from Tampa while the Conquest sails from Miami. My wife and I sailed on the Glory which is a Conquest style ship and had a blast!

Thanks in advance!

We have never been on the Conquest but its pretty much the only class of ships we have been on in the last few years.I would have to vote for Conquest just for the new upgrades.We have been on Valor,Liberty,Glory multiple times and we love this class of ships and an added bonus you can find your way around better once you have sailed a certain class of ships a few times

Which ports will you visit

Have only been on Legend twice and Miracle once.....and other older ships. All I can tell you is how easy it is to get around the Spirit Class ships....and how it never seems crowded at all. Spirit Class have largest space:passenger ratio of all Carnival ships.

There are 3 pools....with the aft pool being Serenity deck with a bar, pool and whirlpool.

The lido deck food options are spaced out...never crowded. On our recent cruise, we discovered 3 (THREE) omelet stations in the morning.

When we were on Destiny last year (smaller version, but parent version of Conquest class & Dream class), we hated the layout. I also hated the Dream because of this same layout which contributed to making it always feel crowded.

Just my 2 cents!

We have done three Conquest-Class cruises--Freedom from Fort Lauderdale, Valor & Liberty from Miami.

We love the Conquest class ships.

We plan to do the Western Caribbean on the Conquest out of Miami next December.

We go a day or two early, fly into FLL (cheaper than Miami), and then get transportation to port of Miami, and then back to FLL airport at the end of the cruise.

We also know someone that sailed on the Legend and they loved it.

Does the Legend not have the 2.0 upgrades yet?It just stinks as we are planning on booking in the next few weeks, but you cant book airfare past November, so we have no idea what the prices might actually be. The Glory was our first trip and I definitely had fun, as did the wife, but now were just having trouble deciding which one. Im not complaining, how rough can it sound when your complaining about which boat to pick:D

ETA: Nice to see a fellow buckeye fan!

We have sailed all the classes of Carnival ships and while we really enjoy the conquest ships our favorite by far is the Legend. We love it so much that we booked it this next summer in Europe. The Serenity area alone makes it worth it....pool!!!! and the ship never feels crowded. plus the best steak house in the fleet!

• 4 months later...

Archived