New Orleans Advance Check in! Service????

CruisnMom007

Has anyone used the service called Advance Check in! from the Cruise Terminal where they take your luggage to the airport for you so you can have your hand free to enjoy the day before your departing later flight?? The cost is only $25 up to 4 bags.....curious to know. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone used the service called Advance Check in! from the Cruise Terminal where they take your luggage to the airport for you so you can have your hand free to enjoy the day before your departing later flight?? The cost is only $25 up to 4 bags.....curious to know. Thanks!

We used it for our cruise last November. Very happy with the service. Was simple and quick. We went thru customs, went outside and there was someone standing right there. They took us to the booth where we signed up and we headed over to the trolly and spent the morning in the French Market, had a nice lunch. We were suposed to be picked up at Cafe Du Monde. However, they called my cell phone about 2 hours before pickup and advised that due to construction in the area, traffic was moving so slow they didnt want to risk getting to us and to the airport on time so they gave a us a new pickup point. I was very impressed that they did this a few hours before scheduled pickup time and not at the last minute so we didnt have to rush to a new spot.

Pickup at the airport was very simple. Two men keeping watch over the luggage in their own little area. We were dropped off at airport, got our luggage and were going thru security within 10 minutes.

Not sure if all drivers are like this, but ours was very imformative about the area and would give us little bits of history as we passed by certain areas.

We plan to cruise again from NO this year and will definately use this service again.

• 2 years later...

Never have I encountered such an unprofessional and unhelpful company. Advance check-in literally has one job: take your bags from the airport to the cruise ship. You would think that since this is their one job they would know how to get it done. Instead, my parents, who entrusted their luggage (including important medical equipment) to these people, ended up on a one-week cruise sans any of their belongings.

Once this massive mistake was made, you would think that this company would try their best to rectify this horrible situation. Not so. Advance Check-In became unresponsive. They stopped answering their phone and became impossible to get ahold of. When a connection was finally made, Advance Check-in said the bags were on a flight to Cusco, the cruise’s first stop. Having never received confirmation of a flight number of baggage claim number (remember the lack of communication here), my parents spent the entire day at the Cusco airport trying to track down their luggage. To make matters worse, this day was also my mother’s birthday.

Finally, they were able to confirm that Advance Check-In never sent the bags. My parents were forced to run around and buy everything they would need for the rest of their vacation costing them hundreds of unnecessary dollars.

Advance Check-In destroyed their much needed and well deserved vacation and they didn’t even care. They have refused to provide ANY reimbursement or compensation. What a horrible, horrible company. I implore you to never, ever use them.