15th Anniversary Cruise - Millenium

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My partner and I (from Key West) and our two best friends from NC are considering this...any idea why it doesnt seem to be selling as well as Atlantis's other cruises. All of us enjoy cruising but have never done an Atlantis. This one works schedule and port-wise, but don't want to do it if it is not going to give us a true sense of an Atlantis cruise.

Anyone have any thoughts on why sales seem slow?

Clay

I wouldn't worry at all. If it works for you all then you should do it. I plan to go but haven't signed up yet. It's still 8 months away and I'm not picky about cabin type.

Also, Atlantis does not update their website daily, or even weekly, so the "sold out" listing can be deceiving.

It should be a great cruise. This past March it was on the Millennium's sister ship the Constellation which I thought was beautiful.

I mirror the comments already listed. Atlantis' website does not update frequently enough for it to be an indicator. The Alaska cruise this year looked sparse until the updated the website one time and there were nothing but limited in a few categories left. The January cruise tends to be popular because it leaves just prior to the start of or the first week of the academic semester so if there are younger folks on board, such as myself, it was condusive for our schedules.

I am also looking into this cruise as a return to Atlantis cruising after taking some time off but will not be booking for a while if I do go.

~Jake

A group of 16 from Chicago is booked on the March 2006 Atlantis cruise. I was disappointed that the cruise only has 3 stops and 2 full days/nights at sea. When we originally booked, early and prior to Atlantis having anything up on their website (they were delayed by well over a month) we didn't have a lot to go on. We were instructed by our travel agent and rep from Atlantis to look at the Celebrity website. The Celebrity site had the March 5th cruise listed and showed the itinerary leaving Ft. Lauderdale and making stops at the current islands, but also showed an initial stop for almost the entire day in San Juan - which would have been great! The Celebrity site never allowed booking of this cruise (site said "TO BE DETERMINED" if you clicked on the PRICES tab). Once Atlantis got their act together, Celebrity took this cruise off their site and the resulting cruise (which we had already booked) did not include San Juan :( . This is the first cruise for a number of us, so I am hoping that it will be fun. -CW

It's gonna be great. And it's three days at sea! San Juan is ok but I'd rather have the day at sea. They are like all day mixers where you can just relax and meet a lot of cute guys.-Chris in DC

I am also booked on this cruise. Will be flying in to Miami two days before and am thinking to stay some time in Key West after the cruise.

Can anybody recommend accommodation in Fort Lauderdale and Key West?

Reint

Oslo, Norway

Reint:

The following link is one of the better sites with Ft. Lauderdale information, listing all the gay and gay friendly accomodations and attractions:

http://www.sunny.org/rainbow/index.cfm

Of the gay guesthouses the following are the best:

Pinneaple Point Guesthouse is in Victoria Park, walking distance to the heart of downtown fort lauderdale with shops, restaurants, nightlife opportunities, and a 5 minute drive to the beach. You can check it out on ther website:

http://www.pineapplepoint.com/

The Grand Resort and Spa is located just steps from the beach and close to all of the beach nightlife, restaurants, and bars etc...just a 5 minute drive to downtown. Their web address is:

http://www.grandresort.net/

The following link will take you to the local gay weekly magazine with info on bars etc...

http://www.hotspotsmagazine.com/

If anyone else as any questions etc... about the ft. laud area don't hesitate to ask. Been living here for over 10 years.

I am glad you all found this thread, I was beginning to wonder if we were the only ones going...it is going to be a killer cruise!

Gary

Hubby and I stayed last weekend at THE NEW ZEALAND House in FLL. It is NOT on the beach but otherwise was a great place. Cost was very reasonable, accomodations were nice but probably not as grand as Pineapple Point or the Grand at least from the pictures in their ads. It too is in Victoria Park which is very conviennt.

Here in Key West your gay accomodations are much more limited. The nicest and I suspect the most expensive is probably the Island House. It was completely renovated two years ago and is very high end, they have an onsite bar and grill along with the "video room" for which they are infamous. Coral Tree and its sister properties (you get the run of the facilities at all three places) - Oasis & Coconut Grove are also nice as is Equator. All of these are men only. Big Ruby's, Coral Tree and Equator are all of the same caliber IMHO. Alexander's which is across the street from IH offers accomodations for both Men and Women. The rest of the formerly gay guesthouses in KW - Sea Isle, Brass Key/Fleur de Key. Lighthouse Court are now all welcoming or in the case of Sea Isle closed.

If you want to know about non-gay properties or a copy of my "Key West Suggestions" email me at BigNCBear@aol.com and I will mail you a copy.

Clay

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Dan and I talked this weekend and we decided to go for this one:D ! Calling my TA in the morning to see what is available - looking for a CC cabin (hopefully there are still some aft facing cabins available).

• 2 weeks later...

glad to see more people jumpin on this cruise.

We are really looking forward to St. Croix, had port stop there in 2001, and had a riot at Boz's Cane Bay Beach Bar.

This is also our first Atlantis cruise.

Gary

Hey Gary -

Just booked today. Seventh overall cruise, first time with Atlantis & can't wait! Going it solo & any advice/info from experienced Atlantis cruisers would be appreciated. Looking forward to next March!

DJ

199 days until we cruise.

Although this is our first Atlantis cruise, we are going with a large group of friends that have been on many. They have nothing but great things to say about Atlantis.

If this roll call keeps growing we will have to organize a pre-cruise event at one of the local clubs for the night before to meet and mingle.

Best Regards,

Gary

Hey everyone,

Greetings from Katrina bound Ft Laud. Liquor and beer is purchased and poised for the potential huricane party. We live on the beachfront and are planning to ride this one out.

At least we wont have to worry about tropical disturbances for our cruise in March. I sure feel sorry for those that had plans for cruises departing tomorrow. Port Everglades is now closed to ship traffic until the storm passes, should be all clear by Saturday.

Have a good weekend. Cheers!

Gary

Hey Gary,

Doubt you'll find this for a few days but hope all is well in Ft Lauderdale. I just saw that Port Everglades had a gust of 92 mph! Thankfully it will be much more tranquill when we sail in March. Just officially booked on the Millennium today. :)

-Chris in DC

Gary

Last nite when I went to bed, I was hoping FLL would weather the storm and thankful that katrina (the bitch) wasn't heading our way......well now at six oclock on Friday nite, I am regretting my wishful thinking. Even though the storm is now something like 75 miles away we are still having 45-50 mph winds and higher gusts. Hope you don't have much damage.....ours is just more limbs in the pool....so I guess we should be thankful!

Stay dry,

Clay - a key west local

Weathered the storm in Ft. Laud. Yes, port everglades was measuring gusts at 92 mph. We live in a high-rise on ft. lauderdale beach, 1 mile from the port...the building was a shakin! Trees, light poles, power lines down all over the beach area. Still no power at home, but the office was restored yesterday afternoon...could have a used another day off, but here I am at work....

Clay, are things getting back to normal in the Keys?

188 days til we cruise!

Gary

My partner and I booked this cruise last week while on the Alaska Cruise. We currently have a group of 5 going and hoping to add another couple or two. We are from Dallas and would like to know if anyone else from Dallas is planning on this cruise.

:)

Archived