Panoramic Oceanview cabins

slyster

Wow, that was very helpful. 8600 is still open for the cruise I'm looking at, so I think I will try to book that one tomorrow, if it's still available. Thanks!

My pleasure. Hope that you get that room. You'll enjoy it: the window view, the room space, the location close to the elevators, even being near the Centrum isn't bad as some think. Have a wonderful sailing!

Awesome pictures. We have one booked on Grandeur in August 2014 and can't wait. As much as we would like a balcony overlooking the dockyards the price and size of the room was just too good to pass up.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

We are booked on the Legend in 7053, just 2 of us, in Feb 2014. No mention of needing 3 people.

My husband and I are also booked in 7053 on the Legend for the TA In October 2013. No problem for just the 2 of us either. We'll take good care of her and bring her home for you! Will take a picture of our room and post it for you, too. Got my TA's mixed up...sorry about that!

Edited by Baileydog1

My husband and I are also booked in 7053 on the Legend for the TA In October 2013. No problem for just the 2 of us either. We'll take good care of her and bring her home for you! Will take a picture of our room and post it for you, too. Got my TA's mixed up...sorry about that!

Hi Baileydog1,

We have 7053 on the Legend in 2015 for a Panama Canal cruise. Can't wait to see your pictures-fingers crossed the sofa is by the window!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Baileydog1,

We have 7053 on the Legend in 2015 for a Panama Canal cruise. Can't wait to see your pictures-fingers crossed the sofa is by the window!

We have 7053 on the legend for southern caribbean March 2015. Please take lots of pictures for us.

I must be behind, I had no idea they had rooms with windows like this! Do all ships have them? I have an OV on Splendour but would love a Panoramic!

The only ships (so far) that have the Panoramic OV staterooms are the Vision class ships that have been retrofitted. I think that's all but Vision right now. Vision goes in for dry dock next month. They take out lounge areas on decks 7 and 8 around the Centrum and put in the new staterooms.

We had 7098 on Enchantment...it is the first Panoramic cabin forward on the port side on deck 7. We did not have full wall window...only half. Cabin is a great size and comfortable. The shower stall was small with the shower curtain that attacks you. We heard everything happening in the Centrum. There was a doorway in the wall that was right across from our cabin door. Would never take that cabin again.

Marc

We had 7098 on Enchantment...it is the first Panoramic cabin forward on the port side on deck 7. We did not have full wall window...only half. Cabin is a great size and comfortable. The shower stall was small with the shower curtain that attacks you. We heard everything happening in the Centrum. There was a doorway in the wall that was right across from our cabin door. Would never take that cabin again.

Marc

Marc-

Sorry that you had that not-so-great experience in your cabin. :(

My Panoramic OV worked out really well for me; I was in 8600 and would definitely do it again. Now the killer shower curtains are definitely another issue...:rolleyes:

Marc-

Sorry that you had that not-so-great experience in your cabin. :(

My Panoramic OV worked out really well for me; I was in 8600 and would definitely do it again. Now the killer shower curtains are definitely another issue...:rolleyes:

I am very excited by the possibility of booking one of these special category cabins one day. Someday.

Let us not give their shower curtains a complex by call them "killer". How about "overly friendly"?

I am very excited by the possibility of booking one of these special category cabins one day. Someday.

Let us not give their shower curtains a complex by call them "killer". How about "overly friendly"?

LOL...I sure got tired of my body being strangled by polyurethane! :D

It would be the greatest thing if all the ships would begin a rollout of replacing those touchy-feely curtains with the sliding doors. The ones on the Oasis last year were great!

Sorry to hijack the thread...back to Panoramic Oceanview discussion...:rolleyes:

I hope you also noticed the difference in window size.

Marc

Umm yeah, I just checked it out. Wonder what's up with that? Well, at least you've experienced it and now you know what NOT to reserve next time. Good luck on your future cruises...keep sailing!

7098-1_zps78ae6486.jpg

Am curious. Since there are 4 cabins of this type, were you at either end of in the middle. I believe the middle two have a decorative piece of steel going through the window.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=270406&d=1367934043

Edited by travelbug11

Am curious. Since there are 4 cabins of this type, were you at either end of in the middle. I believe the middle two have a decorative piece of steel going through the window.

There are actually 16 of these cabins....8 on deck 7 and 8 on deck8. See post#162 for the answer to my cabin location.

Marc

Edited by Cruisin MarcnFran

7098-1_zps78ae6486.jpg

Interesting...that's not what I would be expecting. Even the panoramic oceanview picture on the rccl website under the enchantment doesn't look like that.

I'm glad you shared. So yours is on the end of the row of 4 panoramic cabins. I'm in one of the middle two. I wonder if the end ones look like yours?

Interesting....

Your bed was by the big window, while our sofa was at the window and the bed was near the bathroom. Hmmm....:confused:

We had a Jr. Suite on the Navigator and our sofa was against the wall near the window. So we moved the sofa and had it facing the window. This way we could sit on it and enjoy the view when it was too hot or too windy to go on our balcony.

February (2014) we have an Ocean View and if our sofa is near the windows we plan on turning it around again so when sitting down we can look directly out.

DSC_0559_zps97a14391.jpg

There are actually 16 of these cabins....8 on deck 7 and 8 on deck8. See post#162 for the answer to my cabin location.

Marc

Thanks........I knew there were 16 cabins, I was referring to the fact that they are in sets of four.

I'm in the middle of the set on the Legend so am hoping to have the sofa by the window and a larger window.

I must be behind, I had no idea they had rooms with windows like this! Do all ships have them? I have an OV on Splendour but would love a Panoramic!

On the Vision Class these cabins have been added to replace the card room and library on deck 7 and the Explorers' lounge and Crown and Anchor Study on deck 8.

I will miss the Library on Vision as there was a 'secret' balcony there and these four public areas added to the openness of the Vision class. This is a trend that has been followed on all the revitalizations.

The Radiance class have lost the Seaside Dining rooms for inside 'studio' and outside 'panoramic' cabins as well (4580 to 4590) and had inside cabins added in Q class on the Centrum, replacing the Library, International Ambassador desk and the Yacht club public areas.

RCI has been slow to add these 'new' categories to the stateroom section of it's website as the revitalizations have progressed throughout the past year.

I am booked in one of the POV's for January...first time in this type of stateroom. I have an end room and actually like the bed by the window. The smaller window doesn't bother me, in fact I would rather that than the "decorative" thing going down the window as I would find that very distracting. With the bed by the window, to me it seems as if the room is so much larger. When I chose the room I didn't know the setup, but now that I do I am very pleased with my choice. :)