topanga49er

Breakaway Aft Facing Penthouse (S6) question

Hi. New to NCL. Thinking of Breakaway for 12 day southern Caribbean in Jan 14. Website says that Aft Facing Penthouse sizes range from 377 to 430 sf. Does anyone know which of the AFP is the 430 sf one? Does that mean smaller balcony? Please advise, thank you!:)

We have also booked an S6 aft penthouse suite on NCL Getaway, the 'sister ship' to NCL Breakaway. I too have been studying the deck plans and reading the literature on these cabins. It would appear that deck 12 has slightly deeper balconies (based on construction pictures of Breakaway) but I have no idea about cabin sizes. We booked deck 12 (cabin 12904) as we will be taking our son, who will be 9 at the time. Deck 12 is on the same deck as the kids club entrance. We looked on cruise deck plans website.

Just need to wait until Breakaway sails later this year to find out more.

We have also booked an S6 aft penthouse suite on NCL Getaway, the 'sister ship' to NCL Breakaway. I too have been studying the deck plans and reading the literature on these cabins. It would appear that deck 12 has slightly deeper balconies (based on construction pictures of Breakaway) but I have no idea about cabin sizes. We booked deck 12 (cabin 12904) as we will be taking our son, who will be 9 at the time. Deck 12 is on the same deck as the kids club entrance. We looked on cruise deck plans website.

Just need to wait until Breakaway sails later this year to find out more.

We booked the same room on the Breakaway, sailing on 5/19/13. Will let you know. We are traveling with a 4 year old and 1 year old.

Thanks

We booked the same room on the Breakaway, sailing on 5/19/13. Will let you know. We are traveling with a 4 year old and 1 year old.

Thanks

Take good care of this room, we are booked in it too. Please take tons of pictures.:)

Thanks

My husband and I will be in 13904 in the aft penthouse above you on the same date 5/19/2013.

My husband and I will be in 13904 in the aft penthouse above you on the same date 5/19/2013.

We are getting so excited the more we see more of the ship.

Take good care of this room, we are booked in it too. Please take tons of pictures.:)

Will do.

When are you sailing?

Thanks

hi.. we booked the same room 12904 for sept. 22nd 2013 sailing !!! :)

The difference in size would likely be the balcony. We're in a deck 12 balcony (4 weeks from today!!) which looks huge. :)

I am thinking of upgrading from a deck 14 balcony to an aft-facing for an extra $540. I have 2 cabins, total $1100 upgrade. I was aft-facing in a wrap on the Carnival Victory throughout the Caribbean and loved it. I would be happy in my BC 14th deck balcony but those afts look gorgeous, and there is availability in the HC cabin next door for my parents. Ugh, decisions!

If you can swing it, i'd go for the 2 aft facing cabins. That HC cabin is huge and if you can remove the balcony divider, you will have a huge balcony right on the aft.

Be careful of the deck though. I think 14 is right below the garden cafe.

hi.. we booked the same room 12904 for sept. 22nd 2013 sailing !!! :)

We will post lots of pics. Can't wait.

So how many of the S6 guest are going to have breakfast, lunch or dinner on the balcony. I'm thinking I want to try all. The more pictures I see the happier I get about the S6 suites and the huge balconies.....Every Enjoy:D:D:D:D

norwegianbreakaway-165-4_3_rx1443_c1920x1440.jpg?ab55a5773a712f7d9d7f7f29c5c2d44b0faaa696

norwegianbreakaway-170-4_3_rx1443_c1920x1440.jpg?ab55a5773a712f7d9d7f7f29c5c2d44b0faaa696

norwegianbreakaway-162-4_3_rx1443_c1920x1440.jpg?ab55a5773a712f7d9d7f7f29c5c2d44b0faaa696

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2013/04/29/norwegianbreakaway-168-4_3_rx1443_c1920x1440.jpg?ab55a5773a712f7d9d7f7f29c5c2d44b0faaa696

Click on the last link above also has image of bedroom, sorry pictures are so big still learning how to post...LOL

http://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/travel/cruises/2013/04/29/first-look-at-the-norwegian-breakaway/2120345/

Edited by brianb50
Add text

NCL website says that the S6 comes with half a bathroom. I can't find any pictures that confirm that. Does any body know for sure?:confused:

I think it's deck 13. That's the one they had open for the tours...

Edited by brianb50

Hi. New to NCL. Thinking of Breakaway for 12 day southern Caribbean in Jan 14. Website says that Aft Facing Penthouse sizes range from 377 to 430 sf. Does anyone know which of the AFP is the 430 sf one? Does that mean smaller balcony? Please advise, thank you!:)

I'm looking at the Breakaway website and it's saying that the AFT facing Penthouses are 655-824sq. But I also notice the pictures they have scrolling looks NOTHING like the video. :)

Just got off the phone with my PCC and moved to deck 9. Apparently the deck 9 aft PH suite is the 800 some odd sq ft one. He said next biggest one is deck 13. 10,11,and 12 are 505 sq ft.

Everyone is saying 9 and 12 are the largest. 13 is the smallest. All seem fine, compared to the rest of the ship. Lol

Just got off the phone with my PCC and moved to deck 9. Apparently the deck 9 aft PH suite is the 800 some odd sq ft one. He said next biggest one is deck 13. 10,11,and 12 are 505 sq ft.

Deck 9 will have traffic from the Waterfront on Deck 8 close by and be right over the roof of the walkway of deck 8.

Edited by ibcnusoon

Everyone is saying 9 and 12 are the largest. 13 is the smallest. All seem fine, compared to the rest of the ship. Lol

That's right. I think it goes 9 (largest), 12, 11, 10, 14, 13 (smallest).

Have you seen this Balcony Chart that bear3412 put together?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Edited by ibcnusoon

I would switch to 13, deck 9 will have traffic from the Waterfront on Deck 8 close by and be right over the roof of the walkway of deck 8.

I'm driving my PCC crazy.

Decks 9 & 12 have a support beam on the balcony. I picked deck 13. Any room in the aft penthouse will be great!

517226277_ImageUploadedByCruiseCriticForums1368552114.086859.jpg.48228b738a59bc4484eb4d34b6679cd7.jpg

Decks 9 & 12 have a support beam on the balcony. I picked deck 13. Any room in the aft penthouse will be great!

[ATTACH]271234[/ATTACH]

The support beam means bigger? :) I'm just asking, not trying to be sarcastic.

The support beam means bigger? :) I'm just asking, not trying to be sarcastic.

Me personally I don't want the beam on the balcony. I'd prob walk into it a few times lol

I decided to go with one of the S6s on 11, because I love waking up to a view of the sea. I also like the looks of the more spacious bedroom, and the bathroom being enclosed doesn't bother me in the least, it's very pretty with the blingy tiles!

5270_642029945814202_1677453369_n.jpg

945585_642029125814284_303951562_n.jpg

As my parents always say, "Different strokes for different folks"!:)

So, I just got off the phone with him and he's insisting that in "his computer", the deck 12 suites are 505sqft and deck 13 is 655 sq ft.

Oh heck! I just went back to deck 13. I suppose I will find out after the cruise, or until someone posts a video or pictures of the deck 12 balcony. :)

Who cares already, I'm in a AFT facing PH suite! :D:D

I am in aft penthouse cabin 12904 departing NYC 6/2. I will post pictures as soon as I can

So, I just got off the phone with him and he's insisting that in "his computer", the deck 12 suites are 505sqft and deck 13 is 655 sq ft.

Oh heck! I just went back to deck 13. I suppose I will find out after the cruise, or until someone posts a video or pictures of the deck 12 balcony. :)

Who cares already, I'm in a AFT facing PH suite! :D:D

...and if you go to the NCL website and scroll down under the cabin description, it says that the average sq. ft. is 655-824. I'm pretty sure that the interior of each of these cabins is the same at 505, the difference is the balcony size, 9 being the largest.

http://www.getaway.ncl.com/ship/staterooms/the-haven-aft-facing-penthouse-with-balcony/

We're all very lucky that this is a "problem"! And I'm really lucky, because I'm using these threads as a guideline for the Getaway TA. By the time January rolls around I'll know every square inch of these gorgeous cabins!:D

...and if you go to the NCL website and scroll down under the cabin description, it says that the average sq. ft. is 655-824. I'm pretty sure that the interior of each of these cabins is the same at 505, the difference is the balcony size, 9 being the largest.

http://www.getaway.ncl.com/ship/staterooms/the-haven-aft-facing-penthouse-with-balcony/

We're all very lucky that this is a "problem"! And I'm really lucky, because I'm using these threads as a guideline for the Getaway TA. By the time January rolls around I'll know every square inch of these gorgeous cabins!:D

Oh, I know...that's why I was arguing with him.

I decided to go with one of the S6s on 11, because I love waking up to a view of the sea. I also like the looks of the more spacious bedroom, and the bathroom being enclosed doesn't bother me in the least, it's very pretty with the blingy tiles!

945585_642029125814284_303951562_n.jpg

Can you tell me what room number this is? I'm booked in an S6 with the window in the bathroom. I like this set up better :)

Do you have anymore pics of that room? Like the living room/eating area? Thank you!

Can you tell me what room number this is? I'm booked in an S6 with the window in the bathroom. I like this set up better :)

Do you have anymore pics of that room? Like the living room/eating area? Thank you!

Not a problem!;) I've been obsessing over this for the last few days, and in one of the threads Shaun07 mentioned a discrepancy in the windows of the S6s, so I followed the threads. The 4 with the bedrooms adjacent to the balconies appear to be the ones on decks 14 and 11. Here is the thread with all the pics, post #s 154, 156, and 157:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1834773&page=8

While I love staying in the cabins with the awesome showers overlooking the ocean (I saw dolphins while I was washing my hair once!), for a 9 day TA across the Atlantic, I'd rather have the bigger bedroom.:)

EDIT: BTW, The heading says it's a spa suite, but it must be wrong, it can only be an S6!

Edited by capp

I would prefer to do my makeup in the bedroom, like yours...I'm hoping the mirror in the bathroom isn't fogged up from showers!!

I am in aft penthouse cabin 12904 departing NYC 6/2. I will post pictures as soon as I can

Can't wait!