Advice needed ASAP!

daijayx2

Hello all..

I am set to sail on the Carnival Magic on Jan 27th. We have a cove balcony booked and just noticed that a guarantee Balcony is 30pp less. That is 60$ OBC. I am just wondering if I should give up my cove and go into the Guaranteed pool? Who would and who wouldn't and can anyone tell me if there are any balconies to be worried about being assigned.. As far as obstructed or anything like that? Thanks in advance.

Melissa

With a Guarantee Balcony you may be placed anywhere on the ship. This includes over or under the disco or showroom. Stay with the Cove Balcony. You would not enjoy yourself if you were placed in an undesirable area near a elevator or a well traveled area on the ship. I always want to pick my own room :o.

On a different ship, I would gamble, but not on this class of ship. There are many balcony cabins that will have a less than desirable location, including overlooking hot tubs just a few feet away. Remember also that there's a walkway just below the Upper Deck, so many passengers avoid balconies on this deck because of privacy concerns. Finally, you may end up with a cabin right above a noisy section (like we learned on the Dream). One of our two cabins was right above one of the main lounges and it was LOUD late.

Stay with what you have. Don't spoil a vacation where you are spending a couple thousand dollars in order to save less than $10/day.

I would also stay put! That's not that much of a price difference, and honestly I think the risk is too high you will get put in an undesirable balcony. One that is noisy or in a bad location.

i'm in a cove on the 20th...i just filled out the thing and sent it in and got $68 obc for the difference :-) wasn't sure it was going to work but it did!

are you sure your cabin was not changed?

are you sure your cabin was not changed?

yep...still in my same cove, had booked es ages ago and used the certificate that we bought on the last cruise so i thought they may not give me the price change but it was worth a shot...it worked.

Hi Melissa!

I would stay put. I am not sure $60 woudl be worth it, also having to go through the process of claiming the OBC before the cruise even leaves might be tough. See you a the meet and greet.

-Natalie

Hi Melissa!

I would stay put. I am not sure $60 woudl be worth it, also having to go through the process of claiming the OBC before the cruise even leaves might be tough. See you a the meet and greet.

-Natalie

Thanks Natalie! We are stating in the cove. See you in 23 more days!!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived