"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Jan 5, 2013

Radio

Thanks for the usual Live update Radio, my family will too be joining Bonnie and her family in 6 weeks (hopefully, as there is a family issue going on right now). Looking forward to getting an advanced look at what we have to look forward too on February 16th out of the Port of Baltimore.

I would like to know when you hit warmer climate so my family can prepare for the cold start and end of this sailing.

Smitty

We did not board until 4pm and that was a real downer!

I did notice a diffence between the August and December cruise in terms of the hand sanitizing stations. In December, the Crew member "thanked" you for sanitizing your hands before entering a food area. They did not point out those sanitizers in August. Anything to help prevent the spread of Norovirus is well worth the effort!

In December, my problem was all the dirt/dust/toxins from the refurb. My allergies kicked in the 3rd day of the cruise. They still had bolts of new carpet that needed to be installed when we disembarked.

Just a public service message. Those antibacterial gels do nothing against noro virus. Noro is a virus and antibacterials only work against bacteria and not even all of them anymore due to overuse of antibacterials and antibiotics. Better if they had sinks with soap before the food area for all those that never wash their hands. :rolleyes:

Radio...I have a request if it is possible while you are cruising this week. I like to know what changes were made in the outside staterooms on deck 4. that will be our home away from home for 12 days in Feb....we will be just a few doors away from the R BAR .

I'm so glad we are able to cruise with you on this trip, and thank you for all the posting & photos that you will be doing for us land folks.

SEA YA, MitzSea

Have fun Radio, Looking forward to the virtual cruise along with you guys, we board the Beautiful Allure of the Seas in about 40 days, So this is getting DH and I all ready for our cruise, We will also be sailing on The Beautiful Enchantment in Sept 2013. So will love to read your live review and see some new pictures. Have fun..

Hello everyone. . . I am about to head down to Cruise Maryland at around 1130AM. . . I will stop at Starbucks for a few moments and that should put me at the pier by around noon. . .

Since I may not be able to board until 1PM, it wont be too long of a wait.

My next post should be from the beautiful Enchantment of the Seas (before sailaway)

Radio

;);)

RCISP2.jpg

Happy Cruise Day Radio!!!

Are you cruising with Mrs Radio? Hope you have great weather and smooth seas!

Got my second cup of coffee here and ready to go!! Hope the embarkation isn't delayed too much.

So far you have 106 posts and over 4100 views, this is going to be a great cruise, thanks for letting us tag along!

We are booked and just made our final payment for the last round trip on the Enchantment out of Baltimore on April1st. On the 13th she sets sail for her new port of Canaveral. The Granduer (her sister but not stretched). We love the Vision Class ships...our favorite.:D

We are booked and just made our final payment for the last round trip on the Enchantment out of Baltimore on April1st. On the 13th she sets sail for her new port of Canaveral. The Granduer (her sister but not stretched). We love the Vision Class ships...our favorite.:D

We are on the April 1st cruise also!! I've been on the EN several times now & looking forward to the Grandeur coming back-been on Her also :D

I'd be willing to bet that that "NORO" was really just the FLU..its running rampant all over the US - I know it has been very very back here in my state of Virginia...all the signs & symptoms are the same..they're just gonna call it noro on the ship...either way, a good cleaning they will do BEST prevention wash wash wash your hands...and after touching all those railings keep your hands away from your face !

HAPPY Sailing Radio!

It seems that an extensive Norovirus cleaning may be done before embarkation. . .

Radio

;);)

LET THIS BE YOUR WARNING...TO ALL EMBARKING ON 1/14/13

Do as Gingerma advises...START TAKING YOUR VITAMIN C....NOW!

Have plenty of meds on hand for the nasty, to save yourself a few bucks on the ship! Pack a small bag with Vitamin C tablets, nasal spray, Pepto Bismol, TylenolAdvil, DayQuil and Nyquil Cold and Flu, Mucinex, a thermometer and any antibiotics your good doctor might provide you with, just in case.... Our doctor gives us antibiotics to carry with us, just in case we pick up something on the islands (through water anywhere, actually). Never hurts to be over prepared.

Yes, I am always prepared, so if you need something....look me up :)

Mindy

Hi Radio! You should love it, I was on the Enchantment the week just after the refurb. I know this might be an odd request - if you happen to stroll through the logo gift shop and they have an Enchantment of the Seas badge pin, could you pick one up for me? I'll pay for the pin, shipping to get it to Ohio, and a bit for your trouble - they didn't have any the week I was onboard. If not, I totally understand.

Either way, have a great trip and enjoy the new Centrum!

So excited to see a trip from you especially since I'm sailing next Sunday (8 more days) out of Galveston to Key West, Freeport and Nassau.

I'm looking forward to sailing but wondering how cool it's going to be. I've never sailed in January or in the Winter only summer and I'm a hot weather girl... I don't like to be cold. I'm hopeing that maybe you will post weather temps and water temps... and If the water is warm enough to get in??? Your going way further south then I am but maybe I'll be able to get an idea of how the weather's going to be. :)

I always enjoy following your live trip reports... It's so much fun to feel like your apart of it. Thanks!!!!! Enjoy your cruise.

Carolyn

Hi Radio,

We just arrived home from our week on the Enchantment of the Seas. We hope you enjoy all the new changes as much as we did.

You are correct there was quite the Nirovirus breakout and the cabin stewarts on our deck said that a compete decontamination was taking place before boarding would start. This includes taking down all the cabin curtains just hung and getting them sanitized.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hi Mark,

Looking forward to your posts from Enchantment. I will be boarding next month and am looking forward to a preview. :)

Have fun and Stay Well!!!

Anne

Hi Anne, wondered what had happened to you, glad you're still hanging around! I still have you scheduled for the Mystique, while in Tortola. Please let me know if you're still planning this. You can e-mail me: gingerma at verizon dot net:)

Radio, thanks in advance for another live posting of your cruise. I, as many others, sure do enjoy them. We are not cruising this year because of our daughters wedding, so a virtual cruise will have to do. I hope you have calm waters, plenty of sunshine and a lot of fun. Bony Voyage!!!!

Hello everyone. . .I made it onboard ! I arrived down to Cruise Maryland at about noon. Wow. . .The security lines were very long. They moved quickly and I was able to get my carry-ons checked by about 12:10 and I had my SeaPass card in hand by 12:20. They started boarding at about 12:45, and I was on the Ship before 1PM.

Ahhh. . . . My first glimpse of the Royal Advantage upgrades are stunning. I was surprised to see the Christmas decorations are still up. I thought that they might have taken them down last week.

I worked my way up Deck 9 to go to the Solarium and the Park Café. I will tell you now that Radio will be a frequent visitor of the delightful servings at Park Café. I enjoyed a Cuban Panini, Potato soup, with a wonderful Baja Quesadilla.

The Cabins were open at 1:30, and it seems that Muster drill may be at 3:30. The letters that were given me at the pier suggested that the muster drill would be at 7:15. . .but that was when they thought that we wouldn’t board until 4PM. Since we boarded before 1, I think we may be still scheduled for sail away at 4PM. .

Several Crew members I spoke to said that several passengers came down with the Norovirus last week, and the ship had to be cleaned from head to toe. The ship looks wonderful, and it is very, very clean. . . There are crew members that will serve your coffee, get your drinks etc. . .I am liking this !

I have a balcony cabin up on Deck 7. . .There have been several upgrade made to the cabin including new carpets, sofa, flat screen TV, new bathroom, and appointments. I will provide many pics throughout the week.

Here are a few pics from embarkation. . .More pics after sail away !

Thanks for all of the nice comment,s and thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

My first view of Enchantment of the Seas

A1.JPG

She seems as beautiful as I remember

A2.JPG

I made it onboard !

A16.JPG

There will be many passengers here in a couple of days. . .

A17.JPG

I am glad I have a nice sunny day for boarding. . .

A9.JPG

My cabin has many new upgrades. . .

A11.JPG

Will be interesting in pictures of the new additions, as we are going on her (again) for the repositioning cruise in April to Port Canaveral. We even grabbed a corner JS on deck 7 for this voyage. Plus, looking forward to future cruises from B'more on the Grandeur. Have a great cruise!

Archived