Sargent_Schultz

Zydecocruiser's Carnival Conquest Fun Ship 2.0 Photo Review

Thanks Sarge for the great reviews and awesome photos, your review of the Dream and photos of the Cove balcony made us want to try a Cove, we did and it was great, we have a cruise booked on the Conquest in Nov. 2013, now you have got us excited about the Conquest, keep it up.

Great pic's - i am going on 1/13. Did you happen to play bingo? If so do they do dobbers or punch cards?

Thanks

Love the review so far. CQ was one of my best cruises so good we did it twice in 2002 & 2006. I have enjoyed the old and new photo's it gives perspective. I am looking forward to your Sunshine trip, do you have any old Destiny shots to compare? Destiny was my "first" so special memories.

I may have missed it, what did they do with the old fish -n- chips food station on the level above the lido restaurant? Still there or something else.

Bill

Love the bath robes.

Have to say not impressed with the new pizza on the Breeze TA.

That's funny. We loved the pizza on the Breeze TA!

Thanks Sarge for the great reviews and awesome photos, your review of the Dream and photos of the Cove balcony made us want to try a Cove, we did and it was great, we have a cruise booked on the Conquest in Nov. 2013, now you have got us excited about the Conquest, keep it up.

You're welcome and thank you! Enjoy!

Great pic's - i am going on 1/13. Did you happen to play bingo? If so do they do dobbers or punch cards?

Thanks

Thank you. Sorry - I don't do bingo, but they certainly have it. It is a revenue generator for the cruise lines.

Oh - last time i did play i would say punch cards.

Edited by Sargent_Schultz

Great Pics!!!

Thank you.

Love the review so far. CQ was one of my best cruises so good we did it twice in 2002 & 2006. I have enjoyed the old and new photo's it gives perspective. I am looking forward to your Sunshine trip, do you have any old Destiny shots to compare? Destiny was my "first" so special memories.

I may have missed it, what did they do with the old fish -n- chips food station on the level above the lido restaurant? Still there or something else.

Bill

Thank you.

I've been on Destiny and have a few old pictures that I'm going to try to get the same angle.

Fish and Chips is still there. It is one of the reasons I look forward to cruising on Conquest Class ships. This cruise, I was so busy enjoying the new food that I didn't eat once at my old favorite.

A couple of mementos they have on display on Conquest

DSC_0908_DxO.jpg

DSC_0909_DxO.jpg

And fear not, Fish and Chips is still there, but no longer named Sur Mer on Carnival Conquest

DSC_2308_DxO.jpg

Loving your review. We leave in 5 days. Can't wait to see pics from the taste bar. First stop deanie's then on to the conquest. Love leaving from Nola. We just got off in sept and looking forward to familiar faces and a improved ship

Those pics of Guys burger made my mouth water. I ate them every day. I thought they were one of the best food options on the ship. I also liked the new pizza much better. One of the extra toppers that you could put on the pizza was a roasted garlic sprinkle and it was great.

is now the Alchemy Bar

DSC_1086_DxO.jpg

There's Adri! Probably the best bartender / mixologist in the Carnival Fleet!

Those pics of Guys burger made my mouth water. I ate them every day. I thought they were one of the best food options on the ship. I also liked the new pizza much better. One of the extra toppers that you could put on the pizza was a roasted garlic sprinkle and it was great.

They are great, aren't they?

The new pizza is definitely better.

Loving your review. We leave in 5 days. Can't wait to see pics from the taste bar. First stop deanie's then on to the conquest. Love leaving from Nola. We just got off in sept and looking forward to familiar faces and a improved ship

Thank you. Guess I'll jump around to make sure to get to the Taste Bar.

Deanie's Deanie's Deanie's

P1100902.JPG

DSC_0864.JPG

Is the deli port side? Wish they still had that wok place on opposite side.

For sure more options than ever before. Not a fan of MDR on sea days. Been the same menu F O R E V E R.

I didn't want to over do it for embarkation lunch, so decided on a little dessert. I thought I had heard good things about the strawberry pops but must have thought wrong. They were okay and the chocolate thing was pretty good. How can you go wrong with chocolate?

DSC_0653_DxO.jpg

DSC_0697_DxO.jpg

DSC_0698_DxO.jpg

DSC_0699_DxO.jpg

DSC_0702_DxO.jpg

OMG! Drooling! :eek: Was the strawberry pop like a cake pop? The chocolate cake looks amazing. It looks like it has nice fudge-y frosting. I do not like whipped frosting and it seems like they use whipped frosting on a lot of their desserts. I certainly hope these two choices are on the Liberty!

Thank you for bringing back pictures of the Taste Bar. I haven't seen many pictures at all!

You're welcome.

Is the deli port side? Wish they still had that wok place on opposite side.

For sure more options than ever before. Not a fan of MDR on sea days. Been the same menu F O R E V E R.

Correct, port side.

?? - MDR lunch these days is Punchliner Brunch and the menu isn't that old.

OMG! Drooling! :eek: Was the strawberry pop like a cake pop? The chocolate cake looks amazing. It looks like it has nice fudge-y frosting. I do not like whipped frosting and it seems like they use whipped frosting on a lot of their desserts. I certainly hope these two choices are on the Liberty!

I guess so. Never had either pop before. I guess I'm not much of a strawberry/cake pop fan. Nothing wrong with it and not sure what I was expecting. The choco thing was good and rich.

Great so far! Unless I'm mistaken, aren't they repositioning Conquest to Miami?

Correct! and they are repositioning her via San Juan.

Thank you for the pictures. Been waiting for someone to put some up of the new boat. Loved your review & webpage.

I am so excited to read your review!!! I have read another review of yours before and loved it! I am going on the Conquest in March and I check every week to see if there are any new reviews, especially picture reviews. Thank you for taking the time to do this. I get so excited and it helps to pass the time to live through someone else's experience. Plus, I get many tips to make the most of my experience. Again thank you and I can't wait to read more!!!!:D

Thank you.

Yep. To make room for Carnival Sunshine in New Orleans!

Edited by Sargent_Schultz

Thank you for the pictures. Been waiting for someone to put some up of the new boat. Loved your review & webpage.

You're welcome and thank you!

I am so excited to read your review!!! I have read another review of yours before and loved it! I am going on the Conquest in March and I check every week to see if there are any new reviews, especially picture reviews. Thank you for taking the time to do this. I get so excited and it helps to pass the time to live through someone else's experience. Plus, I get many tips to make the most of my experience. Again thank you and I can't wait to read more!!!!:D

You're welcome and enjoy your cruise!

Thanks so much for your pictures of the taste bar. Your reviews are fantastic. Because of your reviews I booked a Europe cruise on the magic and must say I owe you for the most memorable experience of my life.

Love love love Deanies:D

Is there any way you can think of that I could sneak onboard today for a Guy's burger & a slice of pizza??? I'd even pay!!!! LOL :p (I think I could toss Queenie on to the ship....but I'd have a more difficult time)

I'm booked on her cruise from San Juan, ending in Miami. That's why I'm here looking at pictures of her!

Anyway, Pizza Pirate is where the old pizzeria was, but with a new (and IMO greatly improved pizza). Gone are calzones and Caesar salads and garlic bread. I think a small price, given the improved pizza.

New:

DSC_0669_DxO.jpg

Old:

pizza.JPG

No more goat cheese pizza ?!?...

:(:(:(

Is there an extra charge for 5 guys or is it included in cruise price?

It's just Guys Burgers:o No charge:D:D

Thanks so much for your pictures of the taste bar. Your reviews are fantastic. Because of your reviews I booked a Europe cruise on the magic and must say I owe you for the most memorable experience of my life.

Love love love Deanies:D

You're welcome and Thank You!

Is there any way you can think of that I could sneak onboard today for a Guy's burger & a slice of pizza??? I'd even pay!!!! LOL :p (I think I could toss Queenie on to the ship....but I'd have a more difficult time)

Maybe flash a CDC or Coast Guard Id?