Sargent_Schultz

Zydecocruiser's Carnival Conquest Fun Ship 2.0 Photo Review

We cruised on Carnival Conquest Nov 25-Dec 2, 2012 from New Orleans to Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel. It was my 5th time on Carnival Conquest. Spoiler alert - the cruise was GREAT!

I took lots of pictures, including pictures of FOOD. Imagine that!

I also plan on posting some before and after Fun Ship 2.0 pictures which may be of interest to some.

ZhQxQt0hiW1ZXiWYHz49GLrfaU4uBAe0300.jpg

Something immediately apparent from out balcony was the stateroom 9202 balcony on top of the bridge. That used to be one of my favorite observation points.

DSC_0635_DxO.jpg

compared to before

DSC_3380.JPG

Edited by Sargent_Schultz

wow I wish 9202 on the Victory had that balcony :D that will be our home for 9 days next month.

love your website also!!

Yay! So excited for the review. I looked at the pictures on your website as you were posting them, but it's even better in review form!

That explains why I couldn't get out there. When we walked up front to go out I new that's what they had done. Thanks for the pic to confirm my thought. Enjoyed meeting you on this cruise and looking forward to your review.

Now a real secret deck - I couldn't find any unlocked doors to get there - maybe next time.

DSC_1129_DxO.jpg

Naturally I was curious what the 2.0 was all about. I sort of knew what was added, but wanted to do some quick reconnaissance work to get my new bearings.

From the days on no seaside theatre

IMG_6488.JPG

then there was one

DSC_3603.JPG

and I think some enhancements, although I did notice some dead areas from time too time.

DSC_1131_DxO.jpg

That explains why I couldn't get out there. When we walked up front to go out I new that's what they had done. Thanks for the pic to confirm my thought. Enjoyed meeting you on this cruise and looking forward to your review.

It was great meeting everyone. The observation area was moved up a deck, but they always seemed to have the doors locked. I imagine there is a way, but there was so much more to discover.

Thanks to the menu and photo's of the MDR I have already planned my meals for may 5,2013 sailing. Lol

Been on conquest only once ( out of Galveston)

We were on ncl star over thanksgiving. Gee did we have a good meal thanksgiving night.

Thanks again for the pics, especially the menu's you posted.

That stinks that they put so many cabins at the front of the Lido deck. I like how they still kept the deck on the Liberty, but you just can't use the wings anymore because there's cabins there.

Looking forward to your review. Love your website. Are you going on the bloggers cruise?

Not on the one on Breeze - hoping the next one will be on Carnival Sunshine!

Thanks to the menu and photo's of the MDR I have already planned my meals for may 5,2013 sailing. Lol

Been on conquest only once ( out of Galveston)

We were on ncl star over thanksgiving. Gee did we have a good meal thanksgiving night.

Thanks again for the pics, especially the menu's you posted.

You're welcome.

That stinks that they put so many cabins at the front of the Lido deck. I like how they still kept the deck on the Liberty, but you just can't use the wings anymore because there's cabins there.

There are still observation "wings" but they didn't seem to be open to the public, or at least weren't on our sailing. They moved the observation area up 1 deck.

So what's different?

The Blue Iguana Tequila Bar

DSC_0642_DxO.jpg

RedFrog Rum Bar

DSC_0644_DxO.jpg

Blue Iguana Cantina

DSC_0661_DxO.jpg

Guy's Burger Joint

DSC_1040_DxO.jpg

Pizza Pirate

DSC_0690_DxO.jpg

and more...

Well, what went to make room for the enhancements? Carnival redid the pool area including moving the hot tubs from the pool area forward and removing a bunch of lounge chairs from Lido.

Before

DSC_3624.JPG

For better or worse (I vote Better), Mongolian Wok was eliminated to make room for Guys

DSC_3883.JPG

DSC_3882.JPG

before I forget again - found another before picture of the bridge and old observation area

DSC_3469.JPG

You're welcome and thank you. May take longer than I thought to find the right before pictures, so on with the show...

Anyway, Pizza Pirate is where the old pizzeria was, but with a new (and IMO greatly improved pizza). Gone are calzones and Caesar salads and garlic bread. I think a small price, given the improved pizza.

New:

DSC_0669_DxO.jpg

Old:

pizza.JPG

I'm really looking forward to trying the new pizza because it looks delicious. I am really sad about the ceasar salad though.

I'm really looking forward to trying the new pizza because it looks delicious. I am really sad about the ceasar salad though.

Caesar salad is still available through room service, in the MDR at dinner, and a couple of variations available at the Punchliner Brunch.

The old pizzeria

DSC_3853.JPG

Love the bath robes.

Have to say not impressed with the new pizza on the Breeze TA.

Good Stuff Z.:)

Thank you

Love the bath robes.

Have to say not impressed with the new pizza on the Breeze TA.

I was going to comment on the bathrobe, but I assume someone is using it as a swimsuit coverup. The pizzeria is near the aft pool. The really liked the new pizza, but think maybe the Conquest is doing things better than Breeze.