Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

emmapeel05

Grandeur 4/23 refund

Hi,

I was wondering, for the people that chose the full refund, has your money been refunded yet? Mine has not. I just called the CS department and she told me that it must have fallen through the cracks and it will be processed within a week. This money is on my credit card accruing interest, I asked about it but she said nothing can be done. I told her that they have held my money for over a month in their bank account accruing interest but they can't refund it to me, she said yes. I asked her what is there to prevent me from falling through the cracks again, she just told me it wouldn't happen. So is this a one time thing (it really is a mistake) or are they giving the same story to everyone?

My wife's credit card has been credited with 90% of the full refund. (we keep getting ever-changing dates on the final 10%). The 90% was posted to her account about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks ago. Friends who also opted for the refund received their full refund about 3 weeks ago.

:mad: Just curious, what about the refund from the personal expenses we paid in New Orleans for the 3 days while waiting for the ship to come back? We were told by a supv that we would be reimbursed and as of today,NOTHING. At what point do I contact a legel authority to collect my money? RCL customer service is horrible. They just say WAIT. Wait? hell I paid good money for a 7 day cruise and got 4 1/2 days with one excursion that was scheduled.

We got partial credit for our expenses for the extra two nights in New Orleans. We faxed - and got no response. Called got a name to contact and fax. We called back to contact our person and were told how much we could expect. Just got the check yesterday after 3 weeks of waiting. Not really fair but we figure the cruise line is doing as little as possible as slowly as possible.

just curious, what percent did you get back? We spent over $300 out of pocket and have not gotten a dime back

Hey, what was that fax and contact? I have some receipts to send them for our stay in NO and I want to see if they will pay. I doubt it but I have been taking jabs at them ever since the post-hole cruise.

The cruise line is giving reimbursements on a case by case basis. You need to call and get a contact and fax number. We got about 50% of our hotel and most of our food. We only ate 2 meals a day. We did have insurance thru the cruiseline and we were already in New Orleans when the hole occured. We kept in constant phone contact with RCCL at least twice a day and checked the website twice a day. We also booked directly thru RCCL and thus had no travel agent able to help with our extra arrangements. And we received no upgrades while on the cruise. So we are out some extra cash out of our pocket and received no compensation for all the stress and aggrevation caused by both the minimal and incorrect info we got from RCCL.