What does this mean for stops to Grand Cayman?

daijayx2

I'm not surprised by this. Carnival has been pushing Grand Cayman for approval on docking facilities for a long time. Maybe they think this will help?

However, I can completely understand that those very large ships must be daunting to unload and tender to shore.

It doesn't look like the impact is going to effect Grand Cayman much, as the article states that other cruise lines are going there more to offset the loss by Carnival. So, I don't think the decision by Carnival is going to really push Grand Cayman to build a cruise dock.

In the end, Carnival will continue to sail to Grand Cayman, but it will likely mean less choice for Carnival cruisers, unless they were to add another island into the mix that they currently don't go to.

Even if they are talking about the Breeze, the Magic and the Dream...that still leaves dozens of Carnival ships that head to Grand Cayman....

no worries....

Even if they are talking about the Breeze, the Magic and the Dream...that still leaves dozens of Carnival ships that head to Grand Cayman....

no worries....

Tendering passengers from those huge ships must be a nightmare. By the time people get off, it's time to get them all back in time to sailaway. Doesn't sound like a fun stop to me when so much time is lost just waiting to get off and on Cayman.

I watched Breeze in Nassau unload at a dock, the lines seemed to never stop getting off. What must it be like inside a ship with lines waiting for a tender?

Sounds like a good move to not have a ship that size go there.

I don't get off the ship in tender ports anymore and especially not in GC...I've been there a dozen times and for me there really isn't anything I want to do...

I didn't actually hear the status of the Magic though. I wonder if they pull GC on the MoBay, GC, Coz route what they would substitute back in....hopefully not a Progresso, but what else is there????

Archived