Carry on Wine?

caneguy

Are you allowed to carry on the bottle per person allowed or does it have to be in your luggage? Also what about bottled water. Do they really bother and stop you from bringing on bottle water.

thanks

Caneguy

Are you allowed to carry on the bottle per person allowed or does it have to be in your luggage? Also what about bottled water. Do they really bother and stop you from bringing on bottle water.

thanks

Caneguy

You can bring on 2 bottles of wine per stateroom now. Your choice, carry-on or checked bags. They usually let you bring water, but get very picky around spring break.

You can bring on 2 bottles of wine per stateroom now. Your choice, carry-on or checked bags. They usually let you bring water, but get very picky around spring break.

I would bring them in my carryon.

You run the risk of a trip to the naughty room if you have them in checked luggage

Last month we were going on Indy and friends had 2 bottles of wine in their carry on and 24 bottles of water. They were pulled aside after security xrayed their carry on, opened their luggage and 'shook' each bottle of water to be sure it was water. Everything was let on board......although it did take an extra 30 minutes to go thru security, and then the lines (including D+ line) was long at check in. We breezed right through with our 2 bottles of wine.

Bottled water question?

Is it possible to bring on a case of water? I have heard of people putting a luggage tag on a case and it being delivered to thier cabin? True? Or is it pretty much whatever you can carry?

I am trying to decide if I should plan on bring bottled water or if it would be easier to just pack my brita pitcher.:)

Can anyone confirm if it is 2 bottles per stateromm or 1 bottle per adult? I imagine the latter would make more sense, but we do have two cabins booked with one adult and one junior in each for our transatlantic in April, and I am sure we could manage 4 bottles over 13 days if we tried!

When did RCCL change this policy? Their website still states as follows:

Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports of call or from onboard shops will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Royal Caribbean's Guest Conduct Policy may be enforced, up to and including disembarkation, if a guest violates any alcohol policy. Guests under the age of 21 will not have alcohol returned to them.

Last time we got sent to the naughty room to retrieve our luggage, although I did manage to sneak a couple suitcases out. :p

Can anyone confirm if it is 2 bottles per stateromm or 1 bottle per adult? I imagine the latter would make more sense, but we do have two cabins booked with one adult and one junior in each for our transatlantic in April, and I am sure we could manage 4 bottles over 13 days if we tried!

2 bottles per cabin , we are doing a b2b cruise so we are allowed 4 bottles when we get on and they will hold 2 bottles until the 2nd cruise

When did RCCL change this policy? Their website still states as follows:

Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports of call or from onboard shops will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Royal Caribbean's Guest Conduct Policy may be enforced, up to and including disembarkation, if a guest violates any alcohol policy. Guests under the age of 21 will not have alcohol returned to them.

Last time we got sent to the naughty room to retrieve our luggage, although I did manage to sneak a couple suitcases out. :p

Apparently the policy changed on Nov 1st, 2012. When I first read it here I thought it was a very old post but then I called RCL and they confirmed the change in policy. On our cruise on Dec. 17th we took a bottle of wine onboard in our carry-on. the information is on the RCL website. I will get the link for you. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/topTenFAQs/detail.do?pagename=top_10_faqs&pnav=4&snav=2&faqId=260&faqSubjectName=Top+10+FAQ&

Kathy:)

It just changed in November! I just found this info:

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/feature/New-Royal-Caribbean-wine-policy-121109.cfm#axzz2H9cqarYp

We have an Aquatheater suite, which is a 2 bedroom cabin. I wonder if we can bring 4 bottles onboard, since we are 4 adults. How do they know which cabin you're in when checking onboard thru security?

Bottled water question?

Is it possible to bring on a case of water? I have heard of people putting a luggage tag on a case and it being delivered to thier cabin? True? Or is it pretty much whatever you can carry?

I am trying to decide if I should plan on bring bottled water or if it would be easier to just pack my brita pitcher.:)

We just drink the water from the tap. It's not cold......but it's been filtered and processed way more than any bottled water. I wouldn't waste valuable luggage space with a britta pitcher.

Thanks for in the input. I am planning on taking the 2 bottles of wine along so we can have something to sip on our balcony during naptime.:D

I am not normally a water snob I just wasn't sure how the water onboard was.

Thanks for in the input. I am planning on taking the 2 bottles of wine along so we can have something to sip on our balcony during naptime.:D

I am not normally a water snob I just wasn't sure how the water onboard was.

The water onboard is fine. We went to an engineer's talk several cruises ago where they explained how they purified it--don't remember it all now, but since then I always drink it. Put a little ice in it. It is what they are serving you in the dining room and bars unless you are paying for bottled water.

Can they be the 1.5 size or just the standard smaller size ?

can I take sealed orange juice? Yes I know they offer it in the morning but I need extra :)

Technically, no - you might be OK, just no guarantees. Rather than pack heavy liquids that might get you a free trip to the naughty room, why not just bring a couple of empty sports bottles and fill them with oj in the WJ in the morning?

Technically, no - you might be OK, just no guarantees. Rather than pack heavy liquids that might get you a free trip to the naughty room, why not just bring a couple of empty sports bottles and fill them with oj in the WJ in the morning?

Because filling bottles at the beverage bar is a sanitation risk and there are signs asking you not to do it?

Because filling bottles at the beverage bar is a sanitation risk and there are signs asking you not to do it?

Simple solution, just take already filled glasses of OJ and use those to fill the sports bottle.

Another option for the question of being able to bring O.J. on board . . . my husband tips our cabin steward at the beginning of the cruise (usually about $20), and gives him a couple of "wish list" items to take care of. One of those is to empty the fridge so we can stock our own items, and the other is to have a pitcher of O.J. in that fridge every day. On past cruises, there has been a fresh pitcher of OJ every single day of the cruise! Usually, the cabin steward will make arrangements with room service to have it delivered while he's in there cleaning the cabin.

Another question regarding bringing wine on board . . . can you replenish it while in port? Say your first stop is in St. Thomas . . . can you purchase two bottles and bring that on board, or will they keep it until the end of the cruise? We have friends that drink nothing but wine, they really don't drink beer or liquor, so they can go through a bottle a day. I know on other cruiselines that allow you to bring wine on board, you are allowed to replenish during the cruise, just so long as you stick to the "two bottles per cabin" rule.

Thanks!

Dru

Thanks gerif, will probably do that.

can you replenish it while in port?

No, the policy specifically states only at departure.

Re the OJ question .. using glasses as a way to avoid the contact between the bottle and the dispenser would work. Technically, I think one could fill a bottle without making contact with the dispenser, but since many people don't, they don't allow it. On the Independence TA, while under Noro code red, I saw someone drink the last bit out of their water bottle then jam that sucker onto the water outlet. Relative to the great care being exercised everywhere to refrain from passing illness, this was pretty disgusting.

BTW, to refer to the orange drink in the WindJammer (not the fresh-squeezed) as orange "juice" is charitable. It's more like Tang.

Archived