Sheraton beach hotel in fort Lauderdale?

colesc15

I posted this on the Florida departure board but didn't get much so I thought I'd post here.. I scored a good deal on Sheraton beach resort in fll and I was just wondering, I got it for 145 so is that a good deal? Opinions on the hotel if you've stayed there? Also.. Since I got it on priceline it'll be only a traditional room but can I somehow upgrade to a balcony or anything and for how much? All opinions please :)

HI- I won that same hotel in October from Priceline. It is a decent place. There is a place across the street, some sort of pool club that played loud music during the day. Our room faced that establishment and it was impossible to nap during they day. We were in the second tower. The main tower where you check in would be a better option if they will give it to you. But if you get stuck in the second tower, try to ask for the side that faces the beach instead of the city. You won't necessarily get beach views, but you will avoid the crazy club music. If you aren't a day napper, it might not bother you. By the evening the music stopped, so sleeping at night was fine. We walked to the mall and ate at the food court. The hotel has a restaurant downstairs, but we didn't visit it. The hotel is right on the beach. They have a beautiful pool and chairs on the beach.

HI- I won that same hotel in October from Priceline. It is a decent place. There is a place across the street, some sort of pool club that played loud music during the day. Our room faced that establishment and it was impossible to nap during they day. We were in the second tower. The main tower where you check in would be a better option if they will give it to you. But if you get stuck in the second tower, try to ask for the side that faces the beach instead of the city. You won't necessarily get beach views, but you will avoid the crazy club music. If you aren't a day napper, it might not bother you. By the evening the music stopped, so sleeping at night was fine. We walked to the mall and ate at the food court. The hotel has a restaurant downstairs, but we didn't visit it. The hotel is right on the beach. They have a beautiful pool and chairs on the beach.

Thank you! Anyone else??

We just won this hotel as well.......we assume we can use the trolley and get to the hotel from the Port then on/off to Las Olas. Only cab ride would be when we leave the hotel to FLL. Hope this is accurate! Any other info we should know.......????

We just won this hotel as well.......we assume we can use the trolley and get to the hotel from the Port then on/off to Las Olas. Only cab ride would be when we leave the hotel to FLL. Hope this is accurate! Any other info we should know.......????

The trolley doesn't go into the port. You would have to get from your terminal to SE 17th St, then flag down the trolley. There is really no room on the trolley for luggage. It would be better to just take a cab from your terminal to the hotel...it shouldn't cost more than $15 for the whole car load. Yes, you can get to Las Olas by trolley. If you want to go the downtown part of Las Olas, you have to take a second trolley, or just walk to Las Olas and take one trolley downtown.

The trolley doesn't go into the port. You would have to get from your terminal to SE 17th St, then flag down the trolley. There is really no room on the trolley for luggage. It would be better to just take a cab from your terminal to the hotel...it shouldn't cost more than $15 for the whole car load. Yes, you can get to Las Olas by trolley. If you want to go the downtown part of Las Olas, you have to take a second trolley, or just walk to Las Olas and take one trolley downtown.

I wasn't very detailed......we'd be walking out of the North Port to 17th and catching it there, we travel very light! On a separate note: Is there an easy way to get to FLL departures and avoid construction delays by taxi? It's so great to get info from a 'local' in Fort Lauderdale! Thank you!!

HI- I won that same hotel in October from Priceline. We walked to the mall and ate at the food court. The hotel has a restaurant downstairs, but we didn't visit it. The hotel is right on the beach. They have a beautiful pool and chairs on the beach.

We are staying at this hotel in March. Could you tell me which mall did you walk to? Was it the Galleria? How long does it take to walk there?

We are staying at this hotel in March. Could you tell me which mall did you walk to? Was it the Galleria? How long does it take to walk there?

The Galleria is 4 miles north of the hotel and to my knowledge having stayed at the hotel many times there are no "malls" period within walking distnace. Just the main Ft. Lauderdale strip of hotels/bars/cafes.

Worldspan

131 cruises strong

This description has me confused. A Pool club across the street playing loud music during the day????:confused:

A mall with a food court nearby????:confused:

Two "towers"? One restaurant downstairs?

I'm confused.

I posted this on the Florida departure board but didn't get much so I thought I'd post here.. I scored a good deal on Sheraton beach resort in fll and I was just wondering, I got it for 145 so is that a good deal? Opinions on the hotel if you've stayed there? Also.. Since I got it on priceline it'll be only a traditional room but can I somehow upgrade to a balcony or anything and for how much? All opinions please :)

No one can say if you got a "good deal" with no date given.:confused: Look at what you would pay for that date on expedia or the like and you will get an idea if you did well. I would have assumed and hoped you had some idea of going rates if you were bidding on PL. :o It can be less expensive... and more expensive depending on availibility.

All you can do is ask at the front desk for an upgraded room and see what they offer if anything. Check online to see the money difference between room categories to give you some idea. Again, all depends on availibility when you check in. When we booked on Pl we had a "sliver" of water view and a very basic, but clean room a short distance from the beach. No problem as we were only there a night post cruise. Not a big deal for us. The location was important to us.

On a separate note: Is there an easy way to get to FLL departures and avoid construction delays by taxi? It's so great to get info from a 'local' in Fort Lauderdale! Thank you!!

From the hotel to the airport, there is really only one direct route: south on A1A which becomes SE 17th St, then left/south on US 1 to the airport exit.

There is a construction detour if you are coming up US1 from south of the airport, and there is construction in the SW section of the port, but that shouldn't affect you.

From the hotel to the airport, there is really only one direct route: south on A1A which becomes SE 17th St, then left/south on US 1 to the airport exit.

There is a construction detour if you are coming up US1 from south of the airport, and there is construction in the SW section of the port, but that shouldn't affect you.

Thank you!! We are now totally ready to RELAX.......:D

I think you got a very good deal.:) I got the same hotel on Priceline for March 7th for $150. It is offered on Travelocity for $280 for that time period.

Not knowing when you are traveling could be a matter of if it is a good deal or not. We stayed there 2 years ago and got it on Priceline for $60.00. It was the week before Thanksgiving. There is a Malll not far from there that had a great deli. We went there for lunch. For breakfast the day we were cruising. We had our own car and just parked it at the pier.

Out room was beautiful, largest room we ever had, almost like a suite.

Rita

Not knowing when you are traveling could be a matter of if it is a good deal or not. We stayed there 2 years ago and got it on Priceline for $60.00. It was the week before Thanksgiving. There is a Malll not far from there that had a great deli. We went there for lunch. For breakfast the day we were cruising. We had our own car and just parked it at the pier.

Out room was beautiful, largest room we ever had, almost like a suite.

Rita

I think that would be Marina Deli in the Office Depot plaza on SE 17th St.

This description has me confused. A Pool club across the street playing loud music during the day????:confused:

A mall with a food court nearby????:confused:

Two "towers"? One restaurant downstairs?

I'm confused.

Sounds like a great place. It's NOT this place however.

Archived