pippin10

Food pics - Radiance - Specialty Restaurants

These look amazing! thanks for posting.

Have you just come off the Radiance? I'm dying to read a review with decent pictures! We are cruising on the Radiance next Christmas (2013).

Edited by trickyquickfeet

Thanks for posting.

We are also keen to try the Chef's Table on our next cruise.

Did you enjoy the experience and would you recommend it?

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Have you just come off the Radiance? I'm dying to read a review with decent pictures! We are cruising on the Radiance next Christmas (2013).

I came off Radiance on December 12, slowly getting the photos organised, lots more from the speciality restaurants coming up. I will located and post the link to a superb review from last year.

Thanks for posting.

We are also keen to try the Chef's Table on our next cruise.

Did you enjoy the experience and would you recommend it?

The experience was wonderful, the atmosphere is friendly, the conversation lively and the chef and sommelier so friendly and informative. I don’t as a rule drink any alcohol but I made an exception for this occasion and wow, they were fabulous, I will scan the wine list soon.

Just curious, pippin. What percentage of the passengers were Australian?

I LOVE the pictures. I am salivating!

I would say 85-90% Australian, there was a breakdown of nationalities given by the CD Bobby (can’t remember the specifics) and it was very much an Aussie ship.

I would say 85-90% Australian, there was a breakdown of nationalities given by the CD Bobby (can’t remember the specifics) and it was very much an Aussie ship.

Another question - what was the charge for Chef's Table?

Also, I assume each course came paired with a glass of wine?

Thanks.

I bought the Chef's Dining Package, at $120 per guest, includes Chops Grille, Giovanni's Table, Izumi, Samba Grill and the Chef's Table with wine pairing for each course. They were wonderful. This was such a good deal, if you just buy the Chefs Table it is $95 p.p. I will probably do it again when I go on the Rhapsody of the Seas in October. You won’t be disappointed.

Can you see the menu before you book the Chef's Table?

Is there any flexibilty in the menu if something is not suitable because you are allergic to seafood for example?

I believe you get the cook book at the end of the night - is that correct?

Thanks.:)

I bought the Chef's Dining Package, at $120 per guest, includes Chops Grille, Giovanni's Table, Izumi, Samba Grill and the Chef's Table with wine pairing for each course. They were wonderful. This was such a good deal, if you just buy the Chefs Table it is $95 p.p. I will probably do it again when I go on the Rhapsody of the Seas in October. You won’t be disappointed.

I assume you bought the package sometime before embarkation, through the Royal Caribbean website?

Also, when you buy this package, is it true you must do the Chef's Table on Day 1? (i.e. embarkation day)

Thanks.

Can you see the menu before you book the Chef's Table?

Is there any flexibilty in the menu if something is not suitable because you are allergic to seafood for example?

I believe you get the cook book at the end of the night - is that correct?

Thanks.:)

I'm sure you can request to see the menu prior and I know they were flexible and very accommodating for one of the guests who was vegetarian (not on my night of the Chefs Table so I can't comment on what was substituted). We were given a signed cookbook and apron (which I am using at home) at the end of the night. It was such a lovely evening, we felt like we were all involved in something special. One of the couples booked again for the last night, they were told that they would be having the same menu but that didn't faze them.:D

I assume you bought the package sometime before embarkation, through the Royal Caribbean website?

Also, when you buy this package, is it true you must do the Chef's Table on Day 1? (i.e. embarkation day)

Thanks.

I bought the package on the Royal Caribbean website about 4-5 weeks prior to embarkation.

You can book for any night of the cruise, We chose Day 2 as it was the first sea day with another the next day so we would be all relaxed, others thought that next time they would book the last night of the cruise as it would be something really special to end the holiday.

Edited by pippin10

Here is the link to a really wonderful and comprehensive review of Radiance. Lots of photos.

http://cruiseonradiance.blogspot.com/

Here is the link to a really wonderful and comprehensive review of Radiance. Lots of photos.

http://cruiseonradiance.blogspot.com/

OMG! Thank you for posting this link to what must have been the trip of a lifetime. Radiance is a great ship, indeed, but your photos make her seem even better than I remember. This would be a dream cruise for me.

Some Samba Grill Photos - I could not eat the nine courses of meat! You must go hungry.

P1010647_zps1639ee39.jpg

Salad buffet to choose from first, I think I took too much but it was to hard to resist!

P1010648_zps28947399.jpg

P1010650_zpsc661ce47.jpg

P1010649_zps3fd91e22.jpg

P1010651_zps6ba33ec5.jpg

P1010652_zps268aecc3.jpg