Best Beach in Saint Kitts

alwayscruizin

Did you buy a day pass? Or is that just the name of the beach.

No day pass needed - go early and get your chairs and umbrella - they also have a few cabanas - about $30 as I recall and the facilities are beautiful and food excellent!

Skip the beach if you usually do them... I recommend the catamaran trip thourgh RCCL - amazing! It goes almost over to Nevis and the spot is full of amazing fish! - AND we were about 10/15 minutes late getting back and since it was through RCCL, they waited :)

I second the suggestion for South Friar's. We went in 2011 and opted for Shipwreck Beach Bar, which is more casual than the place posted above (which is new and looks very nice).

We rented a car once we arrived in port (I recommend calling and booking one in advance as it was a hassle finding one in February) and spent the morning visiting Caribelle Batik and then the beautiful Brimstone Fort. We were on the beach by noon and spent the remainder of our day at the beach.

I third the vote for Friars Beach. We took our masks and fins, but you could rent both right on the beach, and snorkeled around the manmade jetty that you see in photo one. Excellent visablilty 40-50 foot deep. A lot of natural sand dollars in the shallow water.

Around the jetty to the right is called dolphin cove, not sure why I didn't see a dolphin.

When I was there, December 2011, that beach was pretty crowded, unlike how the pictures look. Also a lot of the crew who were off duty, many from the CD staff went there also.

Taxi ride was less than 20 bucks, and interesting as you were driving around rock slides and road closed signs.

• 9 months later...

Excellent information on this thread about Carambola! Thank you all.:) The pictures are very handy.

Just a couple of questions:

Is it appropriate to go into the restaurant or a/c bar area during the day in cover-ups or shorts and a tee shirt over a bathing suit? I am thinking that on a hot day an hour or so break in the a/c may be beneficial. Some people in our group don't tolerate the heat well.

We are snorkelers and I am glad to see there is snorkeling available. Can we rent fins there? We have our own masks and snorkels.

What are the major differences between Carambola and Shipwreck Bar down the beach?

Thanks!:cool:

The Godfather Music Beach Bar. A lovely traditional Caribbean beach bar that looks like it came straight from a travel magazine. It was not at all crowded. Lots of shade and comfortable sun chairs. The owner is a very friendly local guy that told us St Kitts pirate stories and some interesting island history. Played some wonderful music that we have never heard before. No food was available but a good selection of cocktails, fruity ice smoothies and cheap local beers. It was on the reef just in front of The Godfather Beach Bar we got to do the best snorkeling we had during our entire cruise. We even saw a turtle and lots of squids. Do n't be put off by the reef if you think it would spoil your time in the sea. While you can't do laps straight out from shore, there are beautiful pool like inlets that's perfect for wallowing in the gentle waves with an ice cold beer or rum punch in hand.

We sure had a wonderful day at The Godfather Beach Bar. The time spent on South Friars Bay was the best island experience of our cruise. A real Caribbean beach day. Highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...
The Godfather Music Beach Bar. A lovely traditional Caribbean beach bar that looks like it came straight from a travel magazine. It was not at all crowded. Lots of shade and comfortable sun chairs. The owner is a very friendly local guy that told us St Kitts pirate stories and some interesting island history. Played some wonderful music that we have never heard before. No food was available but a good selection of cocktails, fruity ice smoothies and cheap local beers. It was on the reef just in front of The Godfather Beach Bar we got to do the best snorkeling we had during our entire cruise. We even saw a turtle and lots of squids. Do n't be put off by the reef if you think it would spoil your time in the sea. While you can't do laps straight out from shore, there are beautiful pool like inlets that's perfect for wallowing in the gentle waves with an ice cold beer or rum punch in hand.

We sure had a wonderful day at The Godfather Beach Bar. The time spent on South Friars Bay was the best island experience of our cruise. A real Caribbean beach day. Highly recommended.

Is this near Carambola Beach Club? Thanks!

We were just at Carambola last week. It is beautiful! It's $10 per chair and $10 for an umbrella. We ended up renting a cabana for $40 and 4 of us shared it. The beach was not rocky where we were.

I have looked at pics of Carambola, but cannot find a picture of the Cabana's that have been mentioned. What are they? Do you have a picture you could share with us? Thanks!

I have looked at pics of Carambola, but cannot find a picture of the Cabana's that have been mentioned. What are they? Do you have a picture you could share with us? Thanks!

The cabana basically looks like a big 4 poster canopy bed. It has material covering the top and down the sides that you can put up or down. I do have a picture, but I can't figure out how to post it here. If someone could tell me how, i'll be happy to do that.

Reggae Beach Bar on Cockleshell Beach has monkeys and water sports. That's where we are planning to go in January on our cruise stop. S. Friar's/Shipwreck is our second choice. We want to kayak and you can rent those at Reggae. We wanted something more laid-back than Carambola. And I thought the views of Nevis looked nice from pictures I saw of Cockleshell. We plan to kayak, snorkel, have lunch at Reggae than head back to the ship.