C Cruise Dude

Help Me Find This Cabin

TheRoom.jpg

I understand that the photo above is of a cabin on a Conquest class ship. Can you help me to locate this cabin as I would like to book it on a future cruise. If it is not a Conquest class then what? Thank you.

That is a stock photo of Cabin 9200 and 9201 on Valor, Conquest and Glory

Conquest - Valor – Glory

Cabin 9200 6K 320 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-double sofabed

View: window – floor-to-ceiling, forward view

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 4-closets; shower;

sofa, chair and coffee table

Conquest - Valor - Glory

Cabin 9201 6K 320 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

Edited by bbohbbneedacruise

Yep, it's the Valor. I'm in a room similar to this. It's that front row on Lido deck. I'm in 6J, but this one might be another category since it's a corner room. I Believe our room will have just one of those windows so it's probably a different category. Ours is 9701 or something like that....but it's the same row. There are about six of those and all six sell out quickly I hear. Ours is a floor to ceiling window as well but not corner. Can't WAIT! March can't come soon enough.:D

Edited by t1adams

That is the Grand Scenic Ocean View. It’s a category 6K on the Glory, Conquest, and Valor. The cabin numbers are 9200 and 9201.

Conquest- Valor – Glory

Cabin 9200 6K 320 sq ft

View: window– floor-to-ceiling, forward view

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 4-closets; shower;

The Scenic Ocean View. Cat. 6J on the Glory, Conquest, and Valor are similar. Still have one large window facing front but the cabin is smaller at 230 sq. ft. Those cabin numbers are 9196; 9197; 9198; 9199

Conquest- Valor - Glory

Cabin 9196 6J 230 sq ft

View: window– floor-to-ceiling, forward view

For anyone looking to book these fancy, corner rooms for an upcoming cruise, it might not be available for booking under Early Saver or other discounted rates. We have noticed that on the sailings we've checked. They are restricting the booking of those 2 rooms to Fun Select only, which is of course a higher rate. This makes them almost as expensive as a balcony under Early Saver, if not more.

I'm booked on the Valor in a Lido Balcony for my January 2014 cruise. I just looked for these rooms and they are not showing up as available but they are considered "Scenic Oceanviews" at a cost of $20 per person per day. For the extra costs, I'd rather keep my balcony.

Do these rooms sleep 2 or 3 or 4?

If you go to Carnival.com and click on "cruising 101", then "ship & staterooms"...pick the ship you want to "explore", you can then "view deck plan" and see each room and all it entails. I see that one of my rooms sleeps 3 and the other sleeps 4.

Hope this helps! :)

So if these are not balcony cabins, do those railings mean there is a public promenade right outside your window? :eek:

Good question StillPooh, not sure I would want folks strolling by to have a look in the room. Of course, if they did, they might see more than they want to look at. Seems like a flasher"s dream cabin! :)

TheRoom.jpg

I understand that the photo above is of a cabin on a Conquest class ship. Can you help me to locate this cabin as I would like to book it on a future cruise. If it is not a Conquest class then what? Thank you.

I sailed in that room this past September on the Valor, nothing quite like it!

So if these are not balcony cabins, do those railings mean there is a public promenade right outside your window? :eek:

The railings are only for crew to use for maintenance. There is no public space in front is them cabins.

I have room 9200 on the Valor booked for Feb 2014. And also they have added these cabins to Conquest as mentioned above. I ungraded to one of these rooms before Carnival raised the price so high. I did book ES for my Cabin. On the conquest we are on the opposite side in room 9201.

I sail next month. Ill come back with pictures from 9201.

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only available on Glory and Valor \

these are Scenic Oceanviews

9200 is for 4 people and 9201 is for 2 people.

you will find it quite hard to book 9200 for 2 people and take the chance of being moved.

9200 is the only one like it 9201 is smaller but not by much and does not have the sofa.

the other cabins in the middle are scenic oceanviews too

sometimes these costs the same rate as the balcony.

they took the public deck out and expanded the cabin. it features those nice windows-- BUT at night you can not have your shades opened because it interferes with the bridge

Edited by serene56

So, what category are these rooms? Oceanview?

you will find it quite hard to book 9200 for 2 people and take the chance of being moved.

9200 is the only one like it 9201 is smaller but not by much and does not have the sofa.

they took the public deck out and expanded the cabin. it features those nice windows-- BUT at night you can not have your shades opened because it interferes with the bridge

Cat 6K Scenic Ocean View.

Sunshine will also have these cabins.

Edited by welldone60

Boy I need to book that room too. Thanks for the information. I am checking it out now. I know NCL have something similar but only in the Haven Suite cat. and they are really really expensive. Hopefully, I will be able to book one of these for my next cruise.

Off topic and probably a silly question but...

How does having the curtains open at night interfere with the ships navigation?

Where did you obtain that information?

BOTH 9200 and 9201 are the same size and both have sofas.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/CQ_LidoDeck.htm

Conquest - Valor – Glory

Cabin 9200 6K 320 sq ft

Conquest - Valor - Glory

Cabin 9201 6K 320 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

Off topic and probably a silly question but...

How does having the curtains open at night interfere with the ships navigation?

They sail at night so their eyes are adjusted to darkness. When the lights are on they cannot see. Even sudden lighting will cause their vision to become hampered.

<That's the less technical way of explaining it, LOL>

one less closet would make the cabiin a tad bigger woulnt you thin?

have you ever see the square footage of those L shape cabins? more sq footage then a regular balcony cabon but much of that spacae is not usable.

i do see on the page it lists a less closet and a regular sofa.

so what happened to that space of those two furniture pieces.

9201 is not a mirror image of 9200

Edited by serene56

one less closet would make the cabiin a tad bigger woulnt you thin?

have you ever see the square footage of those L shape cabins? more sq footage then a regular balcony cabon but much of that spacae is not usable.

i do see on the page it lists a less closet and a regular sofa.

so what happened to that space of those two furniture pieces.

9201 is not a mirror image of 9200

Using the factor of 1 less closet and a regular sofa vs a double sofa bed would make 9201 have more walkable space.

The cabins appear to be mirror images on the deck plans though.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/interactive_map/glory/interactivemap.html

Thanks for the info. When you book is it under an ocean view, I have heard that it's considered an inside?

It is under Oceanview, the first step of the booking engine on Carnival's website. A couple steps later, you will select Scenic Oceanview. You're thinking of what the rooms in this spot used to be. They have been changed on 3 ships. There is no more public observation deck on deck 9 on those ships, but the other decks that had them in the past still have them (Decks 6, 7, & 10).

Do these types of rooms exist on any other class ships?

Only 1 class of ship for now, but there are now 3 ships within that class that has these rooms: Valor, Glory, & Conquest. As mentioned earlier, Sunshine will have these as well.

Its also available on the Conquest.

9201 Does have the sofa just not the double sofa sleeper. It is also the same square footage. 9200 sleeps up to 4 and 9201 only sleeps 2.

I checked some more dates, and rooms 9200 & 9201 (the big ones) are now only showing up under Fun Select, not Early Saver or any other discounted rate. There may be some dates that allow you to book those 2 rooms under Early Saver, so check for it first. But if Early Saver shows that those 2 rooms are not available, go back and change to Fun Select to see if you can get it that way.

Also, it would seem that you must book it for the exact number of people it holds. 2 of the rooms hold 2 people: 9196 & 9201(the bigger one). 4 of the rooms hold 4 people: 9197, 9198, 9199, & 9200(the bigger one). If you have just 3, you'll have to put in someone's name that isn't going, pay for that unused 4th spot, and book it for 4. Please note, the room numbers and number of people the rooms hold applies only to Glory, Valor, & Conquest (not Sunshine). Also, as I mentioned before, the cost for one of these rooms under Fun Select may be more than a balcony under Early Saver.

One example: Conquest, 4/20/2014, for 2 people:

Scenic OV under Early Saver (does not include room 9201) = $1815 total

Scenic OV under Fun Select (includes room 9201) = $2035

Balcony under Early Saver = $1915

So the bigger OV room (9201) is $120 more than a balcony. But the smaller scenic OV room (9197) is $100 less than a balcony.

In the previous example, for 4 people, the difference is less, but the bigger room (9200) is still $20 more than a balcony under Early Saver. But 9200 under Fun Select is $220 more than the smaller scenic OV rooms under Early Saver.

I'm booked on the Valor in a Lido Balcony for my January 2014 cruise. I just looked for these rooms and they are not showing up as available but they are considered "Scenic Oceanviews" at a cost of $20 per person per day. For the extra costs, I'd rather keep my balcony.

It may not be an option for you to downgrade to one of these scenic OV rooms even if you wanted to, if you are under Early Saver. But I still wanted to point out that the $20 extra per person per day is not on top the price you are currently booked at with the balcony. That's the extra cost on top of the lowest Oceanview room. Still, as you can see in my example, the bigger scenic OV rooms may still come out to be more expensive than your balcony, since you probably have to book it under the higher Fun Select rate. I checked your sailing. All 6 rooms are available! The bigger ones on the sides are only available under Fun Select. The smaller 4 (that are 230 sq.ft.) are available under Early Saver. Those smaller ones are almost the exact amount of space that you have with your balcony (counting both inside & outside). Those would be cheaper than your balcony, but as I said, if you are under Early Saver, you are not allowed to downgrade from a balcony to one of these.

Edited by k2excursion

TheRoom.jpg

Coolest pic yet. Thanks for posting this ... I didn't even know this type of cabin existed. Thanks very much.

From what I read on the Valor's site, the middle front Scenic Ocean View rooms are the same size as a balcony. Question: On the balcony rooms, do they add in the balcony as part of the square footage?

Our cruise is this spring and we booked it last spring. Those corner rooms were already sold out THEN.:eek: Hard to get unless booking out far. And even then (last spring when booking), we got the two last scenic ocean view rooms there were.

It may not be an option for you to downgrade to one of these scenic OV rooms even if you wanted to, if you are under Early Saver. But I still wanted to point out that the $20 extra per person per day is not on top the price you are currently booked at with the balcony. That's the extra cost on top of the lowest Oceanview room. Still, as you can see in my example, the bigger scenic OV rooms may still come out to be more expensive than your balcony, since you probably have to book it under the higher Fun Select rate. I checked your sailing. All 6 rooms are available! The bigger ones on the sides are only available under Fun Select. The smaller 4 (that are 230 sq.ft.) are available under Early Saver. Those smaller ones are almost the exact amount of space that you have with your balcony (counting both inside & outside). Those would be cheaper than your balcony, but as I said, if you are under Early Saver, you are not allowed to downgrade from a balcony to one of these.

I am booked Past Guest for now since the sailing is so far out because I have a 2nd room booked for my kids and they may not be coming. Even though they are beautiful rooms, even if it costs me more, I would prefer the balcony. I guess I've become a balcony snob ;). I so enjoy waking up in the morning and having my coffee on my balcony, nice & quiet and listening to the ocean, hopefully feeling the sunshine :o. At night before bed, its again very relaxing to sit out there and look out in the darkness. I wouldn't trade my balcony for anything

Edited by girlscruise2011

I

I am booked Past Guest for now since the sailing is so far out because I have a 2nd room booked for my kids and they may not be coming. Even though they are beautiful rooms, even if it costs me more, I would prefer the balcony. I guess I've become a balcony snob ;). I so enjoy waking up in the morning and having my coffee on my balcony, nice & quiet and listening to the ocean, hopefully feeling the sunshine :o. At night before bed, its again very relaxing to sit out there and look out in the darkness. I wouldn't trade my balcony for anything

i love a balcony too but i really wanted to try this cabin.

Although I will not be able to hear the sounds outside I can sit on that window sill (it is really wide) and be able to see the view.

at night i will see the darkness since i can not have the shades up when the lights are on. I am looking forward to sitting there with my lights off and not worry because i cant see anything since the neighbors left their lights on, :p

TheRoom.jpg

Where are the curtains/drapes/whatever? I don't see anything to cover the window with!!! lol

i tried to find the pic with the shades.

these are not curtains- they are horizonal pleated shades.

Where are the curtains/drapes/whatever? I don't see anything to cover the window with!!! lol

If you look at the far small corner window on the other side of the sofa you can see one of the shades drawn.

Edited by bbohbbneedacruise

From what I read on the Valor's site, the middle front Scenic Ocean View rooms are the same size as a balcony. Question: On the balcony rooms, do they add in the balcony as part of the square footage?

Our cruise is this spring and we booked it last spring. Those corner rooms were already sold out THEN.:eek: Hard to get unless booking out far. And even then (last spring when booking), we got the two last scenic ocean view rooms there were.

On balcony rooms, they are counting the outdoors as part of the overall square footage. It's 185 inside, & 35 outside, to total 220. These scenic oceanview rooms are 230, so it's almost the exact same. The corner ones are clearly much large, at 320. Thpse corner ones aren't selling as quickly as before, since they are restricting them to the higher Fun Select rate. Plenty of sailings further out still have them available. But any of these would be very nice. I hope you enjoy yours.

We had one booked on Conquest when they used to be on the spa deck, but before we sailed, they were all converted to balconies. The balcony was nice, but it would've been nice to sail in one of these unique rooms. But that view would've been off to the side. These new ones, overlooking the front of the ship, is an even better view!

Edited by k2excursion