Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

Hello,

I will be writing a real review soon, but I wanted to take a moment to just way, WOW! We boarded in Barcelona on June 23 and the entire process from walking up to the counter to walking to the ramp to board was maybe five minutes. Smooth process.!

Thanks so much for your review. I will keep my salt shaker close at hand as I await other reviews! We will be boarding the Royal in Barcelona in September. Can you tell me what time of day you boarded? Do you happen to recall what time they opened boarding?

Thanks,

Craig

Here is the description for a front corner mini-suite.

Special Notes:

PART OBSTRUCTED VIEWNON-GLASS BALC RAIL

Does anyone know if you are able to go out on the front or side balcony while the ship is sailing?

My understanding is that as the door is on the side you can have access to the balcony whilst the ship is sailing. There are some great photos of M107 and L107 on cruisedeckplans.com. I think these are excellent staterooms. They are much larger than other more expensive staterooms with no balcony access. Anne PS I have booked L108 for my cruise.

99 Days until the first transatlantic crossing departs from Barcelona

110 Days until Royal Princess arrives Fort Lauderdale

145 Days until yours truly embarks for my B2B (Yippee!!!)

The Day I get to print out my Royal Princess luggage tags and Royal Princess Boarding Passes...

Priceless!!! :D

122 days for me!!!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

PUB LUNCH is one of my favourites. I also love afternoon tea.

I just love cruising, and can't wait to see this ship. I'm thinking of an April cruise on her, but have to see if funds agree with me at that time.

Happy Cruising!

If you wish it, you can do it! I think Walt Disney once said that!! So you just keep hoping, PRAYING, and planning, and we shall see you on a future Princess cruise. If not the Royal for the next one, perhaps one of the other great ships!! I haven't met a Princess ship I don't love!! :)

Hello,

I will be writing a real review soon, but I wanted to take a moment to just way, WOW! We boarded in Barcelona on June 23 and the entire process from walking up to the counter to walking to the ramp to board was maybe five minutes. Smooth process. All the staff we encountered were friendly and ready to help. The Royal Princess is a gorgeous ship. The décor is beautiful, the atrium is breathtaking, the cabins very comfortable. My husband is 6'4" and we had a standard balcony cabin and we didn't find it cramped in any way. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was big enough to do what we needed to do in there, and the balcony was completely adequate. Could we hold a dinner party out there? No. But unless your plan is to do some serious entertaining there I don't understand all the fuss about balcony size. Ours had two chairs and a small table on it and it was all we needed. The food was great, the pizza and pastries spoiled us rotten, there were plenty of pool chairs available (even on at sea days, although they did run out of towels several times), and the ship never felt cramped. The lack of a center staircase was a bit of a pain sometimes, if you think waiting for an elevator all the time will be an issue for you I'd advise booking a cabin closer to the ends of the ship. Cruise Director Ron was ever present, and Assistant Cruise Director Dan was HILARIOUS. The staff onboard was eager to please, especially the wait staff and those serving around the pool. The lines at the passenger services desk were long and that was probably the most frustrating thing to deal with. It took forever to get through, they definitely needed more staff there, and we did find that some people there were more knowledgeable than others.

Sorry, this got longer than I intended. I just wanted people to know they should take all the negative reviews (which is mainly what I have seen so far) with a grain of salt. Was everything perfect? No. Was it close? For us, yes. We had 12 days on a beautiful ship seeing some of the world's most beautiful places, being waited on hand and foot. I'm counting my blessings rather than nitpicking. I'm so happy for those of you that still have trips to look forward to. Get lost in your excitement and enjoy!

Thank you so very much for a very unbiased and honest report of your experience! I agree with you that the nay-sayers should consider all sides of their position on the negatives. Yes, we like to hear the negatives as well as the positives, but they are NOT cruise breakers or cruise makers! To each his/her own, as the old saying goes. Or, "one man's junk is another man's treasure!" ;)

Hello,

I will be writing a real review soon, but I wanted to take a moment to just way, WOW! . . . We had 12 days on a beautiful ship seeing some of the world's most beautiful places, being waited on hand and foot. I'm counting my blessings rather than nitpicking. I'm so happy for those of you that still have trips to look forward to. Get lost in your excitement and enjoy!

And we were right there with you. All I could think of was how fortunate we were to be along on this wonderful cruise. The ship is magnificent, the ports were amazing, the private tours we shared were incredible, the people we met were wonderful--all in all (even with a little glitch now and then), we were among a group of very lucky people. On July 6, I saw the Royal Princess sail past St. Mark's Square just beginning its voyage, grabbed my camera, and ran toward the ship yelling, "There's our ship, There's our ship." People must have thought I was nuts. I'm sure my DH thought I was crazy . . . But I was just thrilled to have one more look at what had been our home for 19 days!

Joan

And we were right there with you. All I could think of was how fortunate we were to be along on this wonderful cruise. The ship is magnificent, the ports were amazing, the private tours we shared were incredible, the people we met were wonderful--all in all (even with a little glitch now and then), we were among a group of very lucky people. On July 6, I saw the Royal Princess sail past St. Mark's Square just beginning its voyage, grabbed my camera, and ran toward the ship yelling, "There's our ship, There's our ship." People must have thought I was nuts. I'm sure my DH thought I was crazy . . . But I was just thrilled to have one more look at what had been our home for 19 days!

Joan

Thanks for sharing your joy!:D

Joan

This is infectious and highly contagious.

Ah, if there's a cure for this

I don't want it

Don't want it

If there's a remedy

I'll run from it, from it

Ooh, I don't need no cure

I don't need no cure

I don't need no cure

122 days for me!!!!!

361 days from today, we board in Copenhagen. Not bad.

Great review. The interior of the ship looks great.

Still looking to find a review of winemakers dinner.

My understanding is that as the door is on the side you can have access to the balcony whilst the ship is sailing. There are some great photos of M107 and L107 on cruisedeckplans.com. I think these are excellent staterooms. They are much larger than other more expensive staterooms with no balcony access. Anne PS I have booked L108 for my cruise.

Thank you Sydney24 for the link to the pictures...I see I made a great choice for the price.

Something about the ominous-looking sky and the gray water -- the whole mood of the photo . . . anyway, it looked like the RP was a giant predator lurking behind her prey, having already taken a bite out of the Ibero's stern section.

Okay, putting down second glass of wine now!

Something about the ominous-looking sky and the gray water -- the whole mood of the photo . . . anyway, it looked like the RP was a giant predator lurking behind her prey, having already taken a bite out of the Ibero's stern section.

Okay, putting down second glass of wine now!

It's amazing the difference between the two ships. I remember when the Holiday-class ships of Carnival Cruise Lines first came out and one of the ship magazines called them 'superliners'. Today they look very small.

Royal Princess......1083' length....141,000 grt....beam 126'.....17 decks

Grand Celebration...732' length......47,262 grt.....beam 92'.....10 decks

Joan

Well said Joan, it was an amazing experience , made all the better for sharing it. With lovely people like you and your DH

Deb

• Administrators

Many thanks to everyone for their contributions to this thread! Obviously there has been tremendous interest and participation in it, with more than 5900 posts. Now that the Royal Princess is settling into her regularly-scheduled voyages, it seems like a logical time to bring the "looking forward to" thread to a close.

Archived