Chris' & Ginny's Breeze Review w/ Large Pictures

sonicbuffalo

we were in 8470....not an L shaped cabin but trust me, if you are aft...you'll love it! I did post pictures of our cabin...TV was off to the side of the bed but it tilted outward towards the bed.....didn't watch it much though....have fun on your cruise....I'm jealous....wish I were going again today!

Not exactly an "aft", but definitely a larger balcony. We have 5 in our group (2 cabins; our balcony and an inside) so looking forward to having more room.

Awesome review! Thank you for taking the time to share so much information and pictures with us. We're planning to do the Breeze in 2014 and will be booking as soon as they publish the rates. You and Ginny seem like a fun loving adorable couple. And kudos to you for buying her that gorgeous ring!! I must send you my husband's cell number;).

Thanks for the great review! We are doing the exact same itinerary on the Breeze in October. I really cannot wait. Did you book all of your excursions thru Carnival or did you book them on your own?? I am trying to decide what we want to do but I cannot make up my mind!

Thanks!

Christa

Thanks for the great review! We are doing the exact same itinerary on the Breeze in October. I really cannot wait. Did you book all of your excursions thru Carnival or did you book them on your own?? I am trying to decide what we want to do but I cannot make up my mind!

Thanks!

Christa

Christa....usually I refuse to use Carnival's excursions because I always thought they were overpriced. This time I really couldn't find any snorkeling tours that responded back to me in a good quick time frame. There are some outside tour groups, but I grew impatient waiting on them to respond back via e-mail. They finally responded, but I had already booked through Carnival. I really think the tours we took were reasonably priced this time. If I had it to do again, I probably wouldn't have booked the Megan's Beach and shopping tour through Carnival, but other than that, I think the snorkeling tours were well priced. They were fun, and not overbooked. Thanks for asking and as always, you can go to the ports of call boards and find other tours. That's where I usually start. Have fun, and good luck. I would really recommend the snorkeling in Tortola using the ship sponsored excursion. They took you to those caves and the reef there was pretty darn good.

Awesome review! Thank you for taking the time to share so much information and pictures with us. We're planning to do the Breeze in 2014 and will be booking as soon as they publish the rates. You and Ginny seem like a fun loving adorable couple. And kudos to you for buying her that gorgeous ring!! I must send you my husband's cell number;).

I thank you for enjoying the review....and I will call your husband...;-)

Great review...We sailed on the Breeze the cruise before you. I know you said the elevators were always crowded and I have heard that also on many other reviews. I think it depends on which elevators you use. I know the ones in the back of the boat seemed crowded but were we in the middle of the ship and never waited more than a few seconds for one. Loved your pictures of the ship...brought back wonderful memories....Thank you

I found this review from a Cruise Critic link on Facebook - so glad I stopped by to look and your pictures and read your thoughts. I've only cruised on Royal Caribbean, but I've entertained Carnival for a while now. (Need more time and money to make all my plans a reality! LOL) The ship looks nice, and I'm adding it to my list of "wanna-do's." By the way, how were the crowds/crowd flow?

Thanks for taking the time to write!

It was a busy day inside the terminal as it was the day for the VIP's to board for the naming ceremony. We received our sail & sign cards right away, and as you will see, Ginny held onto our zone 6 card for boarding. We were there at the terminal at around 11:00 and onboard closer to 1:00 pm.

CarnivalBreeze120812098_zpsf3598ce3.jpg

Man!!!! There are some GRUMPY Gus's in that picture!!! Smile folks!!!! You're on vacation!!!! :D

Same thing I was thinking; they're about to take a cruise and hardly anyone looks excited. :D

Excellent review!!! We're booked on the Breeze in Nov.... Now I have something to look forward to!!! Loved your pics of the Breeze!! We're doing the Southern Caribbean itinerary.

Thanks again...and btw...beautiful ring!!! You have good taste!!!

that's classic! I wonder how misspellings get past so many people

That is funny that it was spelled that way, and so many probably saw it before it was approved. Just goes to show that our brains will fill in what is not there, in order for us to make sense of it.

Sonicbuffalo, you and I are a lot alike. I book cruises based on the itinerary, and I take many pics of everything on the ship and off. Thanks for sharing your pics; hopefully I'll be on the Breeze in 2 months, if not that one, I may be doing a cruise on the Freedom or a land-based Caribbean island vacation.

Thanks!

Christa

We will be on the Breeze with you. We also don't know yet what excursions to take. We try to avoid booking through the cruise line. I guess it's time to research.

A Big Congratulations for your daughter's wedding coming up, and to your two Breeze cruises also. You will enjoy the cruises I'm sure. Thanks for your kind words, and I appreciate how you go about booking a cruise. I think we do pretty much the same thing, but we're running out of new places to go that we can afford. We don't want to sail the western Caribbean. So I guess we'll go on the NCL cruise and then the Allure JUST FOR the SHIP this time only! Thanks again!

I appreciate all the time you have taken posting the pictures here. We've never sailed Carnival, so I was especially interested in seeing lots of venues on board. We are tired of Caribbean ports now also, but we did as you are planning and sailed on the Allure last summer....with our destination being the ship itself. There is definitely a WOW factor there, and the entire cruise was unlike any of the cruises we've ever taken. It was a fabulous cruise, but I discovered my comfort zone is in a traditional experience. Have fun...and when you think about it...any day is a good day when it's a day spent at sea!