Cruise Critic Community
Licoriceky2

"4 PERSON" Cabana's

Hey all,

I just booked two Cabana's. One at HMC and the other at Grand Turk. Here is my question. Both Cabana's state that they are "4 person Cabana's".....so do my 15 month old son and my 3yr old daughter count OR could I do my parents, husband and our two small children (i.e. 4 adults & 2 small kids)? Please advise, as I would hate to have a an unfortunate problem upon arrival.

Thank you!!!

I think you will be just fine. The rules about the number of people seem to be pretty loosely enforced. The youngsters really don't count. I can only speak to HMC cabanas, four adults is about maximum capacity.

The 4 person Cabana at HMC just means that the price includes food, drink, snorkel gear and mats for 4 people. Considering your children are too young to snorkel and use the mats on their own, you should be good. Even the food is plenty for the 6 of you.

You should be good, at least at HMC. As Typhoon1 said, the rules are loosely enforced. Noone goes around "counting heads".

Enjoy! I had #11 last year and loved it. As the sign says, Wish I could stay there forever. I would go back in a heartbeat :)

We had 5 people and one 3 year old and had soda and some food left. Not everyone used the mats at the same time so it was perfect for us. (we didn't sit much in the cabana though- we like the beautiful water) at HMC. We sat the 3 year old on a mat and pushed him around the water. It's so clear it's like a swimming pool.

Would you even recommend renting a cabana for an October cruise? Just hubby n the kids not sure we need? Thanks

Would you even recommend renting a cabana for an October cruise? Just hubby n the kids not sure we need? Thanks

If your budget permits, I would recommend the cabana for an enjoyable day. If not, get a clamshell for some shade or find yourself a tree nearby.

We booked a cabana in July and it was actually 2 families - 4 adults and 4 kids total. We figured the kids would be in the sand and water most of the time so did not want to get two cabanas. When we checked in, guest services did see how many of us were there and asked and told them the cabana is for the adults and not the kids. We got drinks for 4 and snorkel gear for 4.