Melbourne Airport to Cruise Terminal????

bcormack

How does a person get to port canaveral cruise terminal in Florida from the Melbourne Airport? How much would a taxi be or other transportation for one person? Looking for July 24, 05 :confused:
melbourne is a very small airport ( Compared to Orlando) Unless your renting a car, the only transportation would be a taxi, not sure on the rates, but it's about a 20 min ride with No traffic, if traffic longer. Call these below and see if they have a flat rate to the port.

Airport Ground Transportation Service (321) 724-1600

Space Port Transport (321) 986-8026

Brevard yellow cab space.gif(321) 752-4686

...it's about a 20 min ride with No traffic, if traffic longer....

HUH!!!!!!!!!!

The only reasonable way to make it to Port Canaveral from Melbourne Intnl in twenty minutes is to fly there by helicopter.

It's over 40 miles from MIA to the port via I-95/SR-528, and that's the quick route. Go via US-1 or A1A, and there are 20 bazillion traffic lights to navigate.

Allow yourself at least an hour.

best,

John

It's over 40 miles from MIA to the port via I-95/SR-528, and that's the quick route. Go via US-1 or A1A, and there are 20 bazillion traffic lights to navigate.

You mean MLB to Port Canaveral... It's about 200 miles from MIA to Port Canaveral ;)

I agree though, I've driven from Melbourne to Port Canaveral several times, it's closer to an hour!

HUH!!!!!!!!!!

The only reasonable way to make it to Port Canaveral from Melbourne Intnl in twenty minutes is to fly there by helicopter.

best, John

the 20 mins was a typo, should have been 30. We lived in Melbourne about 14 yrs ago, we made it from our house to the port to pick up my cousin in 30 mins. I posted fast, but forgot to figure in 10 min difference from "My" house to airport. so that would make it 40 mins. I can't even imagine it taking an hr. I know they have really expanded down there, I was there 2 yrs ago when my Aunt passed away and couldn't believe the "traffic" difference just from when we lived there, unreal.

HUH!!!!!!!!!!

That is too funny - I was thinking about the same thing when I read the original post.

You really need to allow an hour. I used to live a half-mile from the port, and it usually took about an hour from my house to the airport parking lot. And that was (gulp) 18 years ago.

Your options for getting to Port Canaveral are basically, rent a car, take a taxi, or take a shuttle... Here is a link to the airport's ground transport page.

http://www.mlbair.com/i-ground.html

Have fun!

Archived