Wonderful Copenhagen

Hello Danish Viking,

Thank you for all of your wonderful advice. We are arriving on NCL Star, May 19 at the new dock. We are renting a Hertz car at Ved Vesterport 3, 1612 Copenhagen. Our daughter lives in Aarhus & we will be driving there & staying for 1 week. How expensive will a Taxi (approx.) be from the dock to the Hertz agency? Is there another way to get there?

Thanks, any info would be helpful.

-Arleen, from Texas

Hey Danish Viking...thank you for all your help...I will be coming to Copenhagen with my parents to board the Royal Princess Baltic cruise. We will be staying at hotel Savoy for the 2 precruise days. We plan to travel throughout by taxi. What will the fares be from

Airport to hotel savoy

Hotel Savoy to pier c330

Pier c330 to airport

Are taxis easily available at all the above location?

Also we will be carrying three big bags... Do these taxis have big boots?

Thank you

Niki

FYI, I received email confirmation from Stromma that there will be hop-on hop-off buses at the Oceankaj C330 when the Eurodam is there June 3. I'm thinking it is a shuttle type service that takes you to one of the regular stops. They said there is a bit of difference between the red and green buses, but I haven't been able to check that out yet.

Hello Danish Viking,

Thank you for all of your wonderful advice. We are arriving on NCL Star, May 19 at the new dock. We are renting a Hertz car at Ved Vesterport 3, 1612 Copenhagen. Our daughter lives in Aarhus & we will be driving there & staying for 1 week. How expensive will a Taxi (approx.) be from the dock to the Hertz agency? Is there another way to get there?

Thanks, any info would be helpful.

-Arleen, from Texas

A taxi will probably be in the 200 kroner range.

Else you can take bus 26 to Østerport station and then take a southbound S-train towards Køge, Solrød Strand, Hundige, Høje Taastrup, Ballerup or Frederikssund.

Then you get off the train 2 stop later at Vesterport Station, the car rental is located just across the street from the main station entrance.

If you want to drive as little as possible you can take a direct ferry from Odden to Aarhus.

The trip takes 70 minutes.

There are no low price tickets for the 07:30 and 08:30 departures but they are probably also to early in the morning.

12:15 and 13:15 is 349 kroner

15:45 and 17:45 is 399 kroner

19:15 is 299 kroner

http://www.mols-linien.dk/?gclid=CMrRgqel970CFUHecgodgaoAcg

The price to cross the Storebælt bridge is 235 kroner.

Hey Danish Viking...thank you for all your help...I will be coming to Copenhagen with my parents to board the Royal Princess Baltic cruise. We will be staying at hotel Savoy for the 2 precruise days. We plan to travel throughout by taxi. What will the fares be from

Airport to hotel savoy

Hotel Savoy to pier c330

Pier c330 to airport

Are taxis easily available at all the above location?

Also we will be carrying three big bags... Do these taxis have big boots?

Thank you

Niki

Airport to hotel around 300 kroner.

Hotel to pier around 200-250 kroner.

Pier to Airport around 400 kroner.

It shouldn´t be a problem to get taxis from the airport and cruise terminal.

At the hotel they are not readily available but you can get them to call one but that is however 13 kroner more expensive or you can get one at the nearby central station.

FYI, I received email confirmation from Stromma that there will be hop-on hop-off buses at the Oceankaj C330 when the Eurodam is there June 3. I'm thinking it is a shuttle type service that takes you to one of the regular stops. They said there is a bit of difference between the red and green buses, but I haven't been able to

check that out yet.

Big Al, found this re red & green HOHO.

http://www.stromma.dk/en/copenhagen/sightseeing/sightseeing-by-bus/copenhagen-city-sightseeing/

Here are some aprox prices for trips in Copenhagen with a regular car.

Takst 1 -

Mondays to Fridays 07:00 to 16:00

Takst 2 -

Mondays to Thursdays 16:00 to 07:00 (also to 07:00 Friday morning)

Fridays from 16:00 to 23:00

Saturdays from 07:00 to 23:00

Sundays from 07:00 to Mondays 07:00

Takst 3 -

Friday 23:00 to Saturday 07:00

Saturday 23:00 to Sunday 07:00

All public holidays

Copenhagen Airport to downtown Copenhagen

Takst 1: 240 kroner

Takst 2: 260 kroner

Takst 3: 330 kroner

Copenhagen Airport to Langelinie

Takst 1: 300 kroner

Takst 2: 320 kroner

Takst 3: 400 kroner

Copenhagen Airport to Cruise Terminal

Takst 1: 375 kroner

Takst 2: 400 kroner

Takst 3: 500 kroner

These prices don´t take rush hour and waiting time into consideration.

http://www.taxinaevn.dk/dokumenter/Priseksempler.pdf

A taxi will probably be in the 200 kroner range.

Else you can take bus 26 to Østerport station and then take a southbound S-train towards Køge, Solrød Strand, Hundige, Høje Taastrup, Ballerup or Frederikssund.

Then you get off the train 2 stop later at Vesterport Station, the car rental is located just across the street from the main station entrance.

If you want to drive as little as possible you can take a direct ferry from Odden to Aarhus.

The trip takes 70 minutes.

There are no low price tickets for the 07:30 and 08:30 departures but they are probably also to early in the morning.

12:15 and 13:15 is 349 kroner

15:45 and 17:45 is 399 kroner

19:15 is 299 kroner

http://www.mols-linien.dk/?gclid=CMrRgqel970CFUHecgodgaoAcg

The price to cross the Storebælt bridge is 235 kroner.

Thanks for all of your help. We are looking forward to driving without the ferry. Everyone in Texas is used to long car trips!

Dear D.V., We looked at your information again & may try to take the ferry if we do not have to reserve in advance. Do you think it is possible on midday Mondays to pay for the ferry without a reservation?

Thanks

-Arleen

Dear D.V., We looked at your information again & may try to take the ferry if we do not have to reserve in advance. Do you think it is possible on midday Mondays to pay for the ferry without a reservation?

Thanks

-Arleen

I think so but then the price will be much higher because the low price ticket works just like with the airlines ticket system.

I can guide you through the booking system if you want to as it only seems to work in Danish.

Edited by Danish viking

Route to the ferry port in Odden, travel time around 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Check in time is 10 minutes before departure and as i told a crossing time of 70 minutes.

But its probably best to drive 30 minutes before so you don´t get surprised by anything.

So the minimum travel time is 2 hours and 40 minutes + travel time from the port in Aarhus.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Ved+Vesterport,+1612+K%C3%B8benhavn/Odden+Ferry+Harbor/@55.8010677,11.3823586,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652530c65824c13:0x2cc50d715a80fe45!2m2!1d12.5616212!2d55.6750291!1m5!1m1!1s0x464d9392b242af0f:0x7f861298499e8a1a!2m2!1d11.301053!2d55.976309!3e0

Travel direction via the Storebælt bridge, the normal travel time is around 3 hours but there are as indicated on the map major roadworks at Køge Bugt Motorway and the Fynsmotorway where the speed limit is lowered from 110 to 80 and 130 to 80 km/h.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Ved+Vesterport,+1612+K%C3%B8benhavn/Aarhus+C,+Aarhus/@55.727786,9.9589339,8z/data=!4m15!4m14!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652530c65824c13:0x2cc50d715a80fe45!2m2!1d12.5616212!2d55.6750291!1m5!1m1!1s0x464db218d41dad57:0x9a3cb68ab7bfa1c6!2m2!1d10.202726!2d56.1460465!3e0!5i1

Danish Viking, thanks for your continued presence in this forum. I'm not sure I'd have the stamina to keep responding so quickly for months and years on end.

Reading through many pages of posts, it seems like the current best way to get to the new pier on Wed, 28 May is going to be on the #26 bus. My wife and I are renting a flat right around the corner from Forum metro station in Frederiksberg. It seems like the best route would be to take the metro to Kongens Nytorv and then wait for the #26 there. I'm also assuming the #26 bus isn't going to have a problem with two tourists taking our overpacked suitcases on the bus, right?

Also, just to be sure I'm reading it right, it will be about 15 degrees during late May, correct? It's hard to imagine it being that cool since it will be in the 30s here in Arkansas by May and will reach 40 or more during the hottest days of the summer.

Thanks again for your continued participation. Thanks also to the others who help but aren't quite as prolific as DV :-)

Ted&Elle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Ted&Elle

I am sure somewhere here there is an answer to this but I can't find it so I apologize Danish Viking and I really thank you for your kind and patient answers to all of our questions.

Now I think I've figured it out as far as my day before my cruise in Copenhagen from the time I arrive around 1300 for the rest of that day including checking in to the hotel to the Little Mermaid to Tivoli and back to the hotel. Also the day of the cruise via Metro and bus #26.

The question is the return date which is Sunday when bus #26 does not go to the new ferry terminal. Google earth suggests a 39 minute walk of 3.1 km to catch some conveyance to the airport. What do you suggest is the best way to get to the airport via public transport with as little walking as possible (I am mobile enough to walk 4 or 5 blocks pushing my suit case but really not all that much more.) A 3 km walk is out of the question. Your suggestion for the cheapest way to get to the airport from the cruise terminal, the new one, will be appreciated (yes I know I can fall back on a taxi somewhere and/or the cruise line transfer

I am sure somewhere here there is an answer to this but I can't find it so I apologize Danish Viking and I really thank you for your kind and patient answers to all of our questions.

Now I think I've figured it out as far as my day before my cruise in Copenhagen from the time I arrive around 1300 for the rest of that day including checking in to the hotel to the Little Mermaid to Tivoli and back to the hotel. Also the day of the cruise via Metro and bus #26.

The question is the return date which is Sunday when bus #26 does not go to the new ferry terminal. Google earth suggests a 39 minute walk of 3.1 km to catch some conveyance to the airport. What do you suggest is the best way to get to the airport via public transport with as little walking as possible (I am mobile enough to walk 4 or 5 blocks pushing my suit case but really not all that much more.) A 3 km walk is out of the question. Your suggestion for the cheapest way to get to the airport from the cruise terminal, the new one, will be appreciated (yes I know I can fall back on a taxi somewhere and/or the cruise line transfer

Until the port authority announces a dedicated shuttle service I would say that the cheapest option is to take a taxi to Østerport tation and then get the Øresund train to the airport from there.

Danish Viking, thanks for your continued presence in this forum. I'm not sure I'd have the stamina to keep responding so quickly for months and years on end.

Reading through many pages of posts, it seems like the current best way to get to the new pier on Wed, 28 May is going to be on the #26 bus. My wife and I are renting a flat right around the corner from Forum metro station in Frederiksberg. It seems like the best route would be to take the metro to Kongens Nytorv and then wait for the #26 there. I'm also assuming the #26 bus isn't going to have a problem with two tourists taking our overpacked suitcases on the bus, right?

Also, just to be sure I'm reading it right, it will be about 15 degrees during late May, correct? It's hard to imagine it being that cool since it will be in the 30s here in Arkansas by May and will reach 40 or more during the hottest days of the summer.

Thanks again for your continued participation. Thanks also to the others who help but aren't quite as prolific as DV :-)

Ted&Elle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Youy are correct but I will give you some advises anyway.

Here is the timetable for bus 26 from Kongens Nytorv, only the C an E departures will get you to UNICEF.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Buslinje/afgangstider/Pages/AfgangsTider.aspx?line_direction_gid=9014200002610000&stop_gid=9025200000001357

As you can see several busses departs from Kongens Nytorv, its the one that says 26 Langelinie, Færgehavn Nord.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/Kongens%20Nytorv.pdf

Our Queen Dronning Margrethe II will open the new cruise terminal on the second of May at 14:30.

Legend Of The Seas is the first ship at the terminal arriving from a transatlantic cruise and are departing later in the day for a cruise to the Norwegian fjords.

http://kongehuset.dk/Menu/kalender/hm-dronningen-er-til-stede-ved-indvielsen-af-ny-krydstogtterminal-kl-1430

Hello Danish Viking

We will be arriving in Copenhagen on the 26th May at 15.00 and departing on the 27th May at 16.00.

Have thought that would go to Tivoli Gardens and have a look round on the first evening.

Any suggestions on the best way to get there?

Also would else would you recommend that we see whilst we are there?

Think that we would probably pass the Little Mermaid if we were walking from the pier towards town but don't know where we are docking. We are arriving on Celebrity Eclipse.

Many thanks

Elaine

Your ship is docked at Langeliniekaj so your ships is docked just next to The Little Mermaid.

Bus 26 will get you directly to Tivoli so that is probably the easiest way to get there.

Now I'm just namedropping but things to see in Copenhagen are the royal residence at Ammalienborg Palace (change of the guard at noon), Rosenborg Palace with the crown jewels, Nyhavn and a canal tour, Christiansborg (the parliament).

Also Copenhagen Zoo, they will soon get 2 Pandas from China as a gift to the queen.

The zoo will be the 5th zoo in Europe with panda bears.

The Blue Planet aquarium has hammerhead sharks, how cool is that.

First of all Danish Viking thank you so much for all of your help. I know that you must repeat yourself many times but it is very much appreciated. Now after saying that I have a few questions that I hope you can help me with.

We arrive in Copenhagen June 16th at 10:25 a.m. and will need to get to the Clarion Mayfair. I understand it is near the central station. Can we get a ticket to there with our luggage and walk to the hotel?

On the 18th we will have to get to our ship Legend of the Seas (not sure where the port is) but wondering if we should take a taxi or the train?

My last question is in regards to the Copenhagen card. We will be walking most everywhere except for the trip from the airport to the hotel and hotel to the ship. We will enter Tivoli gardens and also doing a Nyhaven canal tour. So is the card cost effective for us or no?

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer.

Trish