major vessel deployment changes

yyjguy

Can we have them back please? I loved cruising on the Sun class ships, and also on the Pacific Princess II (Tahiti - Hawaii). I have always liked the fact that Princess uses smaller ships to open up new ports and other parts of the world. I hope Princess continues to do this.

Hi, sure we will send back the 3 Sun Class ships. Can you send us the Royal, Ruby and the NEW Regal in place of them? LOL.

That they are:( Never had a chance to sail on one. I missed out.....:(:(:(

Bob

Hi Bob, missed out? You can come over to Australia and sail on Pacific Princess. Lovely ship, I have been on her twice.

All the Princess experts here have forgotten about the 4th Sun Class ship, the Ocean Princess, which was transferred out of the US fleet years ago. We sailed on that and felt that the standard cabins, inside and balcony/outside, were small compared to most other ships at the time. The mini-suites were OK. We took the Grand Princess with an inside cabin for a Christmas cruise and that was bigger then a balcony on the Ocean.

Hi Bob, missed out? You can come over to Australia and sail on Pacific Princess. Lovely ship, I have been on her twice.

Holli & I plan to return down under, but it might not be for several years until fter I retire.....:):):)

Bob

I loved the Dawn; I thought it was the perfect size. My ideal Princess fleet would be composed of the (original!) little girls, the Dawn/Sea/Sun, the Coral and Island, and maybe a couple of the big girls (the Sapphire and the Crown). With all new ships being the somewhere between the Sun-class and Coral-class in size.

What a nice daydream this is . . . .

I like the Sun Class too. The minis were like suites on the bigger ships and the suites were aft facing with huge balconies. The standard rooms were small so if they were part of my cruise line I might take out some staterooms and enlarge the rest :). The public areas are brilliant and sometimes I think they outshine the bigger ships.

My cruise line would have both the Coral and Island but would also have two Regal 1 sized ships - built in the same arrangement with the original 1600 passengers. Loved the original roomy staterooms with the double shower. Maybe create more balcony cabins but definitely keep the same open and airy atrium and high Promenade Deck ceiling. Maybe a wrap around outdoor Promenade?

And the largest I would go is keeping Diamond and Sapphire - Caribbean and up are too big and these are newer than the original Grand Class triplets.

Talk about dreaming ;)

Looks like some of the pieces of future scheduling are falling into place for 2014 with Diamond and Sun going to Japan April-October 2014.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2013/01/23/princess-cruises-japan-expansion/1859045/

Thanks for the info. That will get Princess to 8 ships that could do Alaska next year vs the 7 there this year. We shall see.

I like the Sun Class too. The minis were like suites on the bigger ships and the suites were aft facing with huge balconies. The standard rooms were small so if they were part of my cruise line I might take out some staterooms and enlarge the rest :). The public areas are brilliant and sometimes I think they outshine the bigger ships.

My cruise line would have both the Coral and Island but would also have two Regal 1 sized ships - built in the same arrangement with the original 1600 passengers. Loved the original roomy staterooms with the double shower. Maybe create more balcony cabins but definitely keep the same open and airy atrium and high Promenade Deck ceiling. Maybe a wrap around outdoor Promenade?

And the largest I would go is keeping Diamond and Sapphire - Caribbean and up are too big and these are newer than the original Grand Class triplets.

Talk about dreaming ;)

I'm very sorry I never got to sail on the Regal -- that's the one with the swim-up bar, right? I woulda planted myself there on day 1 and not moved until disembarkation day!!

I kept the Crown solely because of Adagio -- if they could at least add the Citrus Bellini to the drinks menu at the other bars, I would compromise and let the Crown go.

You and I clearly need to start our own (dubiously profitable!) cruise line.

I don't particularly care for the R ships - I think they all could have done with an interior upgrade and they really don't sail that well. That being said, it would be nice to have Regal Princess back and call her a "small" ship. :)I do like the small ship experience and it would be unfortunate if Princess stopped offering it. R ships aren't the only answer.

No, you cant have the Regal Princess ( PACIFIC DAWN ) back, we love her too much her in Brisbane AU where she us based ;)

The sun class are great, while not as flashly or as big as the new ones, the service is great and can access more ports around Australia, New Zealand and the pacific.

No, you cant have the Regal Princess ( PACIFIC DAWN ) back, we love her too much her in Brisbane AU where she us based ;)

The sun class are great, while not as flashly or as big as the new ones, the service is great and can access more ports around Australia, New Zealand and the pacific.

We were on last voyage of Regal Princess, 31 days, LA to Sydney in September/October 2007, before she was refitted as Pacific Dawn. A lot of good things on Regal were taken out during our voyage, swim up bar, cinema (movie theatre) The Dome got rearranged and many cabins retro fitted to 'friendly fours' thus the ship's capacity was increased by some 400 passengers.

I prefer the Regal as she was. Great to see the Regal is being reborn in the big one being currently built.

Archived