slh182

Allure of the Seas Eastern Compass 1/20/13

Hi Everyone,

I have scanned all of the daily compasses from my cruise that started on January 20, 2013 and I wanted to share them with you.

I am also going to write a detailed review with pictures and videos on another thread soon. I just have to gather all of my notes and organize my pictures.

Here are the compasses:

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

I just tried those links and they are not working. Sorry.

Not working for me either.

Oh no, hmm I wonder why.

I'm sorry. I think that google docs is broken for some reason. If you are signed into gmail they won't work. Hmm, I wonder if I can upload them to something else. If you sign out they will work. It's very dumb.

I thought so to at first, then I saw where it said to sign in. They are on google.docs so you have to have a google account to see them. I was able to see them after I signed in.

Thanks so much for the cruise compasses. I was able to view and also

print them to plan the daily entertainment for our upcoming cruise at the

end of May. Looking foward to your review and hopefully photos as well.

Great job!!

Hi Everyone,

I have scanned all of the daily compasses from my cruise that started on January 20, 2013 and I wanted to share them with you.

I am also going to write a detailed review with pictures and videos on another thread soon. I just have to gather all of my notes and organize my pictures.

Here are the compasses:

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

I was there also and will try to do a review. What was the deal with the large Jewish group? Did someone really spring for a Barmitzvah? If so it must have been some bill and someone with deep pockets.

I was there also and will try to do a review. What was the deal with the large Jewish group? Did someone really spring for a Barmitzvah? If so it must have been some bill and someone with deep pockets.

There was a large group in the Main Dining room with us every night at 6PM.

A good 50 people in that party and all I can say is I hope they tipped the wait staff very well because they had them running around like crazy.

There was a large group in the Main Dining room with us every night at 6PM.

A good 50 people in that party and all I can say is I hope they tipped the wait staff very well because they had them running around like crazy.

I saw that also. They complained almost the whole week (not sure if it the same group you saw or not). Didn't like the food selection, etc. News flash, if you demand kosher and special preparation, don't expect great variety on a cruise ship. Extremely high maintenance group. The funny thing we noticed is at least 3 groups of people who were seated next to them asked to be moved since they were so obnoxious.

Thanks for the Compasses!!! Looking forward to your review.

Papaflamingo, did you register for the meet and mingle for the Mar 3rd Allure??? Am sailing there too, come join us on the m&m thread. We are planning a few things.

Carol

When we were at the comedy show, the comedians were tearing the jewish people apart LOL. One of the comedians asked them how many people were there and why. The kid he asked said that there was a barmitzfvah (sp) and said that there were 1000 jewish people who were there for it.

When we were at the comedy show, the comedians were tearing the jewish people apart LOL. One of the comedians asked them how many people were there and why. The kid he asked said that there was a barmitzfvah (sp) and said that there were 1000 jewish people who were there for it.

wow, the big question I have is did the family pay for all 1000 or not? That would top any sweet 16 party on that MTV show. It was definitely a high maintenance group. Every day they took over the hot tubs in the main pool area. The kids weren't very friendly and didn't seem to want to socialize with the gentiles in any of the teen programs my kids attended.

Edited by pittnh

wow, the big question I have is did the family pay for all 1000 or not? That would top any sweet 16 party on that MTV show. It was definitely a high maintenance group. Every day they took over the hot tubs in the main pool area. The kids weren't very friendly and didn't seem to want to socialize with the gentiles in any of the teen programs my kids attended.

I'm not sure if it was for just one bar mitzvah, or maybe a group of different ones. I wondered the same thing though. They were all from New York. Did you remember a very obnoxious guy who was in that group? His name was Eddie and omg was he ever loud and obnoxious. I saw him everywhere and when I did he wouldn't shut up. He was in the belly flop compition and other things they had going on. He was very annoying playing bingo that people were telling him to shut up and making fun of him. I'm pretty sure everyone on the ship knew who he was lol.

I'm not sure if it was for just one bar mitzvah, or maybe a group of different ones. I wondered the same thing though. They were all from New York. Did you remember a very obnoxious guy who was in that group? His name was Eddie and omg was he ever loud and obnoxious. I saw him everywhere and when I did he wouldn't shut up. He was in the belly flop compition and other things they had going on. He was very annoying playing bingo that people were telling him to shut up and making fun of him. I'm pretty sure everyone on the ship knew who he was lol.

I think some of them were French as well... we heard the group speaking French around the ship. They had a HUGE professional billboard waiting in the pier in St. Maarten announcing the kid's bar mitzvah and must have had a large party off ship there because we saw them all dressed up getting in minivans as well. A bit over the top for a solemn, religious rite of passage if you ask me.

Thanks! You don't have any compasses for the Adventure Ocean, by any chance, do you? I am having a heck of a time finding them. We were also wondering what nights you could have your kids eat with Adventure Ocean.

Yes, I remember him. Seemed like I could never escape him, even saw him loading his bags into the taxi as we were disembarking.

I think some of them were French as well... we heard the group speaking French around the ship. They had a HUGE professional billboard waiting in the pier in St. Maarten announcing the kid's bar mitzvah and must have had a large party off ship there because we saw them all dressed up getting in minivans as well. A bit over the top for a solemn, religious rite of passage if you ask me.

Who asked you?

A bit over the top for a solemn, religious rite of passage if you ask me.

I think you're confusing a Bart Mitzvah with like Yom Kippur. Bar/Bat Mitzvahs are celebrations. There's nothing wrong with being over the top. If the parents can afford it, then why not? It's a BIG step in a young person's life.

Thanks! You don't have any compasses for the Adventure Ocean, by any chance, do you? I am having a heck of a time finding them. We were also wondering what nights you could have your kids eat with Adventure Ocean.

No sorry I do not. However, I know they closed off the windjammer every day around 5pm so the kids from adventure ocean could eat. I'm pretty sure you could leave them every night.

Was he the guy who always wore the white bolero hat at dinner and sometimes during the day too?

I'm not sure, but if you watched the pool games he was the guy who won and had to dress up as pamela anderson. He was so funny. He was also in the belly flop competition. He wore his shirt on as a bra lol.

What nights are formal nights? Also, what nights are quest and love and marriage? I don't want to go through the compasses because I like most of it to be a surprise :)

I'm not sure, but if you watched the pool games he was the guy who won and had to dress up as pamela anderson. He was so funny. He was also in the belly flop competition. He wore his shirt on as a bra lol.

So did he annoy you, or were you glad to have the entertainment? This thread is quite offensive (to me), but thank you for the Compasses.

What nights are formal nights? Also, what nights are quest and love and marriage? I don't want to go through the compasses because I like most of it to be a surprise :)

Formal nights were on day 2 and 6. The love and marriage game show was on day 3 at around 10 and the Quest was on day 5 at 11:45. We didn't go to the quest, but we went to the love and marriage game show and it was so funny. The contestants were great and the cruise director made it a lot of fun.

So did he annoy you, or were you glad to have the entertainment? This thread is quite offensive (to me), but thank you for the Compasses.

Oh no, why are you offended? I'm sorry if I said anything offensive. The last thing that I wanted to do is offend anyone. I was just saying he was obnoxious. I wasn't trying to put him down in anyway I just thought it was funny seeing him everywhere being the way he was. He was very entertaining and made me laugh a lot. I was only annoyed when he interrupted bingo. He kept yelling which made the game take forever, but other then that he made me laugh. Especially during the pool games.

Edited by slh182

Well, the whole thread has devolved into an anti-semitic, anti-NY rant. I wouldn't think one would have to be a Jew from NY to take offense. Or Brazilian, for that matter.

Well, the whole thread has devolved into an anti-semitic, anti-NY rant. I wouldn't think one would have to be a Jew from NY to take offense. Or Brazilian, for that matter.

I was just stating that there was a jewish group from new york, that's all. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I have nothing against jewish people or people from new york. Someone asked me why they were there and I answered them. Again, I am truly sorry if I offended you :( That wasn't my intent.

Thank you for posting these! I really appreciate it. Do the schedules pretty much stay the same? Our cruise isn't until August, but I know there are certain activities we definitely want to make time for.