Carambola Beach Club - Just Back

themutis

Hi All, I emailed Daislyn last night and she got back to me this morning, so already I'm off to a great start!! It is $10 per item, beach chair or umbrella, didn't inquire about the Bali Beds tho, she did say that they start letting people on the beach at 9:30 but can accommodate 9:00 if necessary. I have also asked about beach rentals as far as jet skis and other activities. I will post her response when I hear back from her. Hey I BOOK HE PAYS thank you for the e mail address.

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

Hi All, I emailed Daislyn last night and she got back to me this morning, so already I'm off to a great start!! It is $10 per item, beach chair or umbrella, didn't inquire about the Bali Beds tho, she did say that they start letting people on the beach at 9:30 but can accommodate 9:00 if necessary. I have also asked about beach rentals as far as jet skis and other activities. I will post her response when I hear back from her. Hey I BOOK HE PAYS thank you for the e mail address.

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

The Bali Beds are 40.00., well worth the extra 10.00 over the price of 2 chairs and 1 umbrella, IMHO.

It's best to contact them through Facebook to make a chair reservation? Do they require a deposit at that time?

We stopped in St. Kitts in 2012, loved the island. We did an island tour and ended up at Shipwreck Beach. Since we only had about 2 hours to spend there, it worked out fine for us but we are definitely interested in some beach time this time around and Carambola seems perfect.

Daislyn did just get back to me again and said water sports available are peddle boats, kayaks, hobbiecats, windsurfing & snorkeling. She didn't say if there is a charge but I didn't ask. As far as the Bali beds does anyone know if they recline or is it just lay down flat like a mattress? Also, I see the Bali beds are set back more off the shore and the lounge chairs are up on the shore line.

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

Daislyn did just get back to me again and said water sports available are peddle boats, kayaks, hobbiecats, windsurfing & snorkeling. She didn't say if there is a charge but I didn't ask. As far as the Bali beds does anyone know if they recline or is it just lay down flat like a mattress? Also, I see the Bali beds are set back more off the shore and the lounge chairs are up on the shore line.

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

They are flat like a mattress, but very comfortable.

We tried Facebook but we got a faster response with their email address from FB

It's best to contact them through Facebook to make a chair reservation? Do they require a deposit at that time?

We stopped in St. Kitts in 2012, loved the island. We did an island tour and ended up at Shipwreck Beach. Since we only had about 2 hours to spend there, it worked out fine for us but we are definitely interested in some beach time this time around and Carambola seems perfect.

Spent a wonderful day at Carambola last week and agree with all that has been said. Cab was $4 per person from the port and it was very easy to get a cab back in the afternoon. Transportation time was about 15 minutes. The beach and facilities are updated and clean. The staff was very friendly and professional. We reserved chairs and umbrellas online from the online reservation link on their facebook page ahead of time although it was not a problem for those without reservations to get a chair the day we were there. The restrooms were very nice and did have freshwater showers as well as changing rooms in addition to a freshwater foot rinse area outside. Credit cards were accepted and they let us run a tab at the bar. Lunch was very good and served on china with linen napkins and silverware right to your beach chair! The club sandwich came with fries -- portion was very generous and easily could have been shared. Beer bucket was $15 for selection of 6 local beers. The bay is protected so water and waves were very gentle -- easy place to swim. Free Wifi available but as previously mentioned it was slow and signal was not always strong (but it was free....). Would definitely recommend to others!

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW FAR IT IS FROM CARAMBOLA BEACH CLUB TO THE SHIPWRECK BAR ON SOUTH FRIERS:p THANK YOU

It's over on the other side of the beach. Shipwreck is on one end and Carambola is on the other end, at least that's how I understand it. Maybe someone else can explain?

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW FAR IT IS FROM CARAMBOLA BEACH CLUB TO THE SHIPWRECK BAR ON SOUTH FRIERS:p THANK YOU

It is approx. 800 yards, according to the measuring tool on Google Earth, between Carambola & Shipwreck on South Friars Beach

If we doc on march 5 on celebrity at 10am what time would you suggest I reserve my chairs for ? How long does it take to get to carabola beach?i am trying to figure out once we dock howling will it take to disembark get a taxi and get to the beach?

Edited by lifeonthewater

Do any of you know if the offer massages at all there? Someone told me they might. It's my anniversary when we go and I am looking for something like that off the boat

According to this recent article/review, YES they have massages:

POPULARLY known for its excellent local and international cuisine, assorted drinks, water sports (including kayaking) and massage service, the Carambola Beach Club has been ranked the number one restaurant in St. Kitts and Nevis.

In the daytime the beach is said to provide full activities for it paying customers, which include beach volleyball, aqua sports (snorkeling, kayaking and wind surf), and also a fulltime mousse for persons willing to have a massage while spending the day out at the beach front restaurant.

more info:

http://www.sknvibes.com/news/newsdetails.cfm/83813

Edited by ibcnusoon