Carambola Beach Club - Just Back

themutis

You can see on from the other and takes about 20 minutes strolling in the shallow water to get there. We have been to both and like them both. Shipwreck is more primitive and has a who cares vibe, but the best fish tacos anywhere. Great on beach massages. Carambola is definitely a step above.

It is approx. 800 yards, according to the measuring tool on Google Earth, between Carambola & Shipwreck on South Friars Beach

I reserved by emailing and they did not require any pre-payment. When I arrive my name was on a list and my chairs were waiting.

If I recall, local beers were 3.00, imported 6.00, burgers 16.00, Chicken BLT was 16.00. Sandwiches came with fries and we split a sandwich.

If you don't mind me asking, did you pay by cash or can one pay the final bill by using a credit card? If by credit card, was there an additional charge? Thanks.....:)

I found them via Facebook. I sent a message and they replied within a day or so. I made my reservation that way for our port stop there next December.

Some additional information (as of 10/11/13): Chairs and umbrellas are US $10 each. Taxi from Port Zante is about $16 (1-4 people) and takes 10-15 minutes travel time. You get showers, restrooms, and they also have food and drink available (indoor restaurant, terrace grill, or even beach service where they will bring something to you at your lounge chair). There is no downpayment required. They told me that they only hold your reservation for 1 hour, so if you say you will be there at 10:00 and don't show up until 11:15, you probably will find that you no longer have a saved seat.

Were you able to pay cash or did you have to pay using a credit card?

I reserved both but only took the beach chairs. The day beds are set back from the water and while they are nice they aren't ideal if you'll be in and out of the water. I did not see jet skis or any other water sport stuff for that matter. Wouldn't be the right for this place. Shipwreck beach bar is on same stretch of beach may offer more water activities but I can't say for sure as I didn't walk to that end of the beach. It is about a 15 min walk on beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tagong

Wasn't looking for shells but this beach is pretty sandy so I suspect there wasn't many to be found even if I was looking. I'd recommend another beach. This is more for those looking for a relaxing beach day in an upscale but not uptight beach club.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were at Carambola on Feb. 11th off the Jewel.

Made reservations in advance. We were told that they hold the reservation for one hour past the reservation time. I had indicated we would be there at about 10:30 am and we got there at 11. When we got there, we used a credit card to pay for the chairs & umbrellas. They were waiting for us, marked "reserved", and as soon as we walked on the beach, one of the guys got the pads for them. [even though you've reserved and paid for them, don't forget to tip!!!]

We ate lunch in the restaurant--china plates, etc. Burgers, sandwiches, salads. Nice menu. They also serve fresh sushi rolls which were delicious. Went into the restaurant with bathing suits and cover-ups...no need to wear anything else.

Great day. Highly recommend it.

Vicki

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We will be in St Kitts on a cruise in September and was disappointed to learn that Carambola is closed for the whole month.

They are probably taking vacation..September the is peak of hurricane season, and probably their slowest month anyway, as it is in any vacation spot.

We just returned from a B2B cruise on the Jewel of the Seas. we were lucky to have St. Kitts on both weeks of the cruise. On week one we spent a day at Carambola. Lovely! You can read the entire review here. Carambola review begins with post #48.

You're back! I hope you had a fantastic time in St Kitts and everywhere else!! :D

We just returned from a B2B cruise on the Jewel of the Seas. we were lucky to have St. Kitts on both weeks of the cruise. On week one we spent a day at Carambola. Lovely! You can read the entire review here. Carambola review begins with post #48.

Awesome pictorial review of Carambola Beach Club as well as many other islands we'll be visiting!

Thanks so much!

You're back! I hope you had a fantastic time in St Kitts and everywhere else!! :D

Yes! We had a great time. Your review of the CV Tour helped me feel better about booking it and I am glad we did. I booked that tour before there were any reviews at all on CC. That part of the review begins with post #154. I also provided a link on the Clay Villa thread on the St. Kitts forum.

Awesome pictorial review of Carambola Beach Club as well as many other islands we'll be visiting!

Thanks so much!

Thank you. Enjoy your cruise!

• 3 weeks later...