Sargent_Schultz

Zydecocruiser's Carnival Elation Photo Review

Perhaps a little premature since the cruise hasn't occurred yet, but getting close!

Perhaps a teaser now and then with a more complete photo review after the fact, similar to what I did for Carnival Conquest:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1760811

Last night was a wonderful meal at Galatoire's Bistro in Baton Rouge. To those familiar with Galatorie's in New Orleans (my favorite!), there is some similarity, but New Orleans was a little preoccupied with the Super Bowl.

DSC_2847_zyde.jpg

DSC_2849_zyde.jpg

DSC_2851_zyde.jpg

DSC_2855_zyde.jpg

DSC_2857_zyde.jpg

This is about the Feb 4-9, 2013 Carnival Elation cruise from New Orleans. Only 5 days with stops in Cozumel and Progreso.

Our ship has come in

ship1.png

fullsize.jpg

Time to get cracking, or packing, or something.

Noticed that the Elation is docked facing upriver. For the past year its been docking facing downriver. Can you find out what makes them decide? I always liked the ship facing upriver because the ship has to swing around to leave. Have fun!

Noticed that the Elation is docked facing upriver. For the past year its been docking facing downriver. Can you find out what makes them decide? I always liked the ship facing upriver because the ship has to swing around to leave. Have fun!

Good question. I'll try to remember to ask the Captain. I know sometimes it is determined by river traffic and/or what might be docked adjacent.

I like the ships facing upriver, too. For our Carnival Conquest cruise last November, the ship was docked facing upriver.

oh yay!!

Im going on the 18th Elation cruse so I was hoping youd do a live review. would have been more cool to meet the cruise info king in person but at least youre cruising before me so i have something to read these last couple of LOOOOONG weeks.

Thanks for all you do to help us cruise info crazy people out! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!! ;D

oh yay!!

Im going on the 18th Elation cruse so I was hoping youd do a live review. would have been more cool to meet the cruise info king in person but at least youre cruising before me so i have something to read these last couple of LOOOOONG weeks.

Thanks for all you do to help us cruise info crazy people out! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!! ;D

Oh sure you are. :p

Enjoy your cruise!

For those who complain (I'm not sure why) about Fun Ship 2.0, Carnival Elation is still mostly old school.

Embarkation was easy peasy - I think I arrived at the terminal about noonish.

DSC_2858_Zyde.jpg

Priority Lounge

DSC_2859_Zyde.jpg

Always look forward to your reviews and the pics!! It is how I talked my DH into another cruise.."hey honey look at this food" hehe!!

Enjoy the Elation, one I have not been no YET!

Perhaps a little premature since the cruise hasn't occurred yet, but getting close!

DSC_2857_zyde.jpg

We Choked congrats to the Ravens.. It was thier day

I look forward to NOLA next month and enjoying the food for my GF's 50'th

When I did the Elation years ago I had an Interior cabin

SO does FTTF share the same check in as P&D????

Nice pictures.

Thank you.

We Choked congrats to the Ravens.. It was thier day

I look forward to NOLA next month and enjoying the food for my GF's 50'th

When I did the Elation years ago I had an Interior cabin

SO does FTTF share the same check in as P&D????

SF did try to make a game out of it. I think the power outage was New Orleans way of "saluting" Roger Goodell.

I don't think FTTF is on this ship, despite what the banner might indicate. Don't think it is on Conquest, either, but they may have recently added.

We will be on this same cruise later this month, I am LOVING THIS review, can't wait to see yummy food pics!

Enjoy. Tomorrow is elegant night and the "special" Diamond invitation from the Captain is an invitation to dinner! We meet at a bar and from there, I dunno. We'll see if they will let me take pictures. :)

Thanks for report...I like the older rooms with tile shower and the medicine cabinet in bathroom..that is such a nice shower on those ships and I like those cubby hole cabinets; leaving some table space for the life jackets and those ship night light things...nostalgic I guess..have a great time..everyone loved Paradise and Elation so much..thanks for update...Sarah

DSC_2870_Zyde.jpg

DSC_2871_Zyde.jpg

DSC_2872_Zyde.jpg

DSC_2873_Zyde.jpg

DSC_2875_Zyde.jpg

DSC_2876_Zyde.jpg

Glad to see they got rid of the tv boxes, now if they can get rid of the life jacket box but still love the ship. She was my first.

Thanks for report...I like the older rooms with tile shower and the medicine cabinet in bathroom..that is such a nice shower on those ships and I like those cubby hole cabinets; leaving some table space for the life jackets and those ship night light things...nostalgic I guess..have a great time..everyone loved Paradise and Elation so much..thanks for update...Sarah

You're welcome.

Yes. Lots of memories and nostalgia, but still some updating, including the flat screen TVs.

Glad to see they got rid of the tv boxes, now if they can get rid of the life jacket box but still love the ship. She was my first.

I'm not quite sure what the could do with it or the life jackets. There isn't a sofa in the room and you can use the top for storage.

I think when Internet was first added to the ships, it was something like $99 for unlimited, but it really was limited - speed wise. Today, it zips along, relatively speaking (but still slow compared to what we have at home).

DSC_2898_Zyde.jpg

DSC_2899_Zyde.jpg

DSC_2901_Zyde.jpg

DSC_2902_Zyde.jpg

Still a Mongolian Wok (still? I remember before there were any on any of the Carnival ships). This one seemed very efficient. At least 3 chefs, each with 3 woks going. Another crew member continuously washing bowls. Another couple of myths bite the dust.

DSC_2947_Zyde.jpg

and a Rotisserie (beef and chicken today)

DSC_2948_Zyde.jpg

the Grill

DSC_2949_Zyde.jpg

complete with chicken pieces parts (chicken fingers). So they are NOT gone from all ships.

DSC_2950_Zyde.jpg