Beverage Card Refunds

maxout

If you purchase a beverage card and fail to use all of the balance (though I admit this is rarely an issue for me :D ;) :p ) do they somehow refund the unused balance to your shipboard account?

absolutely:D If you have one of the old ones that was discounted then the rebate is calculated accordingly - otherwise it is a straight rebate for the unused portion

When you say "old ones" what do you mean?

I still have a card that I bought 4 or 5 years ago on the Ryndam for 20 glasses of house wine. It only has 14 punches in it. Do you mean that if I brought it with me when I cruise in June, they might either honour it or refund a portion of it?

I still have a card that I bought 4 or 5 years ago on the Ryndam for 20 glasses of house wine. It only has 14 punches in it. Do you mean that if I brought it with me when I cruise in June, they might either honour it or refund a portion of it?

sorry no - the old punch cards are long gone. They were only good for the cruise you were on.

The "old" beverage cards that I was referring to were bought at a discount (ie $250 beverage card used to cost $225) now there is no discount.

So the 'old ones' are the discounted ones which could have been bought on line a few months ago and still be used on the cruise. The new ones are non discounted.

The punch cards unfortunately will not be honoured. Sorry.

No, that I do know would not be honored. What was meant is if you had the previous version that had a discount price on them, (formerly $225 for $250 value no longer discounted :( ) they would only refund the portion up to the price you paid, not including the discount.

Edit: Kazu beat me to it ! and kazu thanks for your answer above.

No, that I do know would not be honored. What was meant is if you had the previous version that had a discount price on them, (formerly $225 for $250 value no longer discounted :( ) they would only refund the portion up to the price you paid, not including the discount.

Edit: Kazu beat me to it ! and kazu thanks for your answer above.

glad to help - have a great cruise:D not long to go at all:D:D

Sorry you are out of luck.

The old punch wine cards have been gone for about 3 years.

They will not honor that old card and you will not get a refund.

Even if you did not use up the Beverage cards -- they could and can not be carried over to another cruise.

The purser's office has a shut off time -- I don't know what time it is, but whatever you have left go onto your shipboard account as credit.

Should by some chance you have money due you at the end of the cruise, you will be called down to the front office on disembarkation morning and they will give you your refund in money.

(formerly $225 for $250 value no longer discounted :(

Are you sure about that? I'm logged in on HAL's site, and I'm looking at this, available for purchase for my May 24 cruise:

"Save with a pre-paid beverage card. Purchase a pre-paid beverage card for $225 and receive $250 toward beverage purchases.... "

Are you sure about that? I'm logged in on HAL's site, and I'm looking at this, available for purchase for my May 24 cruise:

"Save with a pre-paid beverage card. Purchase a pre-paid beverage card for $225 and receive $250 toward beverage purchases.... "

wow - grab it if it is there. Ours disappeared a few months ago and we go in May as well. Most have reported they are not available - if they are on line and you can use it - take it now:D;)

Damn, I just bought a $250 card for $250 last Sunday

Even though there isn't a discount on the Beverage Cards anymore (not counting the soda card), I still like to use them as it means I don't have a ton of slips to keep track of. Once I get the Beverage Card slip back, I throw away the previous one. That way I can keep track of how much is left on the card.

Even if you did not use up the Beverage cards -- they could and can not be carried over to another cruise.

The purser's office has a shut off time -- I don't know what time it is, but whatever you have left go onto your shipboard account as credit.

Should by some chance you have money due you at the end of the cruise, you will be called down to the front office on disembarkation morning and they will give you your refund in money.

If you have a credit card on record, why wouldn't they just apply the credit to your card and save you the nuisance of having to go to the front office? What a pain if your ID card gets pinged when you try to disembark, you have to drag to the front office to learn they want to refund $3.00 or some such small amount. I would be more than a little annoyed.

If you have a credit card on record, why wouldn't they just apply the credit to your card and save you the nuisance of having to go to the front office? What a pain if your ID card gets pinged when you try to disembark, you have to drag to the front office to learn they want to refund $3.00 or some such small amount. I would be more than a little annoyed.

different ships must do it differently Sail - I had a negligible credit on mine (just a couple of dollars) so I wasn't going to worry about it - they posted it to my account as obc. Never had a credit any other time:o so this was a one time experience only;)

I remember years ago when you mentioned that you were called down to the front office at the end of a cruise to get back a few dollars.

The only time we have had credit at the end of the cruise was when so many tours were cancelled on our Hawaiian cruise and because of already having a lot of shipboard credit, the extra monies were credited back to our credit card. Many people had left over monies and it would have been too difficult and time consuming to call so many people down to the front office to get their refunds.

I understand the beverage card concept, but I think I may have goofed. I just bought a beverage card I actually like the idea of having the separate card so I can keep tabs on the bar bill. But I bought on board credit with the intent of using it for the tips, I put all of the credit on my account. Is on board credit similar to the beverage card where HAL issues a card or is it paperless? Can I use my on board credit to pay for mom's and dd account? Sorry a little off topic. Just like to have most things paid before going easier to budget shore excursions.

We had our $92.00 credit applied to our credit card on the NA in November. It was a complete surprise when we got home as we had started the cruise with $950 in OBC, which I thought would be a use it or lose it deal.

$450 were promotional credits and the other $500 was compensation for issues experienced on another cruise.

It certainly is a simpler way to do it than having passengers fight their way down crowded stairwells to the front desk on the final morning.

I understand the beverage card concept, but I think I may have goofed. I just bought a beverage card I actually like the idea of having the separate card so I can keep tabs on the bar bill. But I bought on board credit with the intent of using it for the tips, I put all of the credit on my account. Is on board credit similar to the beverage card where HAL issues a card or is it paperless? Can I use my on board credit to pay for mom's and dd account? Sorry a little off topic. Just like to have most things paid before going easier to budget shore excursions.

Are your mother and father in the same cabin as you?

Have they registered their own credit card?

You can pay for their tips as long as you have them registered on your credit card for the ship -- this means that any time they use the ship's ID card (also room key) to buy anything on the ship -- the bill will go to your account.

Word of caution -- if you have them on your credit card -- remember that there will be hold of $60 per person per day put on your credit card the day you check in at the pier. That is $180 per day for the 3 of you and if you are doing a 7 day cruise -- for example -- the hold will be $1260 total.

If they have theor own cabin and are using their own credit card - then the onoboard credit that you bought will only apply to your account.

As for the Beverage card -- all 3 of you can use the card to buy drinks. And they go fast as the 15% gratuity is also subtracted from the card.

Archived