Sunday Feb 10, Sail Away-Come Watch the 'Queen' of Horns and NA.

PathfinderEss

I don't know if you all saw this on yesterdays thread, so I'm brining it over because this kind of explains the music we were hearing so loudly yesterday. Our Saturday thread recieved this from Lou.......

PortEvergladesWebcam

Hello everyone,

We were running sound tests during sail-away today in preparation for a new tropical island webcam project. Stay tuned!

Lou

image.php?u=554624&type=sigpic&dateline=1293576157

Do you suppose the tests that were being run in some way has interfered with iPad reception of the video feed? Anyone??

The website still won't play on my iPad. The site comes up OK but as soon as the live video tries to play I get a message that says "operation cannot be performed". It has always worked well in the past so I was wondering if another iPad owner would kindly see how they make out and let me know.

Maybe something has changed and they are now using a format not supported by Apple.

Too bad because I am going to be at a hockey game during Sailaway and would need to use the iPad. I am never interested in the game. I just go to keep my husband company.

I can't get the Port Everglades site to work on my iPad, either. I get the "operation cannot be performed" message. Like Sapper, I was able to get the Fort Lauderdale site working.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why the PE site wouldn't work?

After reading this I decided to try on my iphone (as I have in the past had no problem) but today it says: "The operation could not be completed" on the Pt Everglades cam. So, I tried the Ft Lauderdale one and it will work on my iphone. Very strange indeed!:confused:

......Today is the 1 year anniversary of the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 hotel and PTZtv!!!! Seems like just 2 or maybe 4 months maximum, but.........

The 2nd thing is the skies are looking very very nasty looking towards the South West

Angry-Sky-PEG-02-10-2013.jpg.33c47b7ee805deaae5c35fa0885722b4.jpg

Joanie

The Port Everglades schedule now shows Westerdam's departure at 23:00. Anyone happen to hear why?

Bruce

.................Just had to go and see for myself and you are 100% correct in the departure time Bruce...........

No idea why.......... Think I will post it on PTZ's FB Page to see if anyone knows.....

Joanie

After reading this I decided to try on my iphone (as I have in the past had no problem) but today it says: "The operation could not be completed" on the Pt Everglades cam. So, I tried the Ft Lauderdale one and it will work on my iphone. Very strange indeed!:confused:

Never thought of the iPhone, so I checked and get the same message there.

Just went to try and find out any info on the reason for the 11:30 pm change for Westerdam.....

Came up a total blank, no Roll Call either on CC or on FaceBook for any 3 Feb (7 day) and the next is 24 February (7 day)

Nothing..............

Am I remembering correctly from last week and the Bridge said something about an engine part??????? I cannot remember....

Joanie

There were hundreds of flights cancelled out of Toronto on Friday and Saturday. I'm sure there were thousands of flights cancelled all over North America. Maybe HAL wants to make sure they get as many cruisers on board as possible.

I took my mom to the Toronto airport this morning for her trip to Orlando. It was a total zoo. The US customs area was so full that they had an overflow lounge set up for people waiting to go through customs. I saw a couple with Nieuw Amsterdam luggage tags on the their suitcases. Even though the weather is fine today, I would not want to be flying to catch a cruise on the same day. Hopefully everyone will make it to their cruise.

Just went to try and find out any info on the reason for the 11:30 pm change for Westerdam.....

Came up a total blank, no Roll Call either on CC or on FaceBook for any 3 Feb (7 day) and the next is 24 February (7 day)

Nothing..............

Am I remembering correctly from last week and the Bridge said something about an engine part??????? I cannot remember.... Joanie

You mean 10 Feb?

You mean 10 Feb?

Nope meant the 10th.

The last roll call on either CC or HAL was for 3 February 2013 and the next one is 24 February 2013....

AH HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! C H A R T E R S!!!! MYSTERY SOLVED:)

Just found this on the Charters posted here on CC a few weeks ago:

Westerdam – February 10 – 16, 2013 – Gertrude Byrne Charter

Westerdam – February 17 – 23, 2013 – Jazz Cruise Charter

So, it looks to me as if the People in Charge of this weeks Charter have made the decision probably because of weather related delays.

Joanie

Archived