Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

I just saw something about this as well . Another propulsion system issue for triumph. They've been having issues for awhile now. The destiny had issues this year too. From my understanding they've been very good about offering people refunds and alternative ports etc..

Here's the article I found in today's fire http://www.khou.com/news/neighborhood-news/Fire-reported-on-Carnival-cruise-ship-no-injuries-190600041.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow! What a shame for everyone on board, and I am very glad there are no reported injuries. You know, you can only patch-up problems for so long and eventually something more serious happens. This ship has had on again off again problems for too long now. Instead of continuing to inconvenience paying customers, take the ship out of service and spend some money to fix whatever needs fixed and then put the ship back into service so that paying guests can experience a vacation product that will generate fond memories, not regrets.

This was just posted on Funville in the Triumph ships section

kmt1000 posted on Sun Feb 10, 2013 at 02:13 PM

I just got an email saying that the Triumph Had an engine room fire this morning on the way back into Galveston. Thank God no injuries. It said we won't leave on time tomorrow, and will update by 5:00 today. I hope it doesn't get cancelled! I don't mind a modified itinerary.. I just want to get away :)

From what I just read on JH facebook post everyone will be refunded thier fares as well as transportaion for those on the voyage. Also he said anyone on the next cruise will be given the chance to cancel or wait and see if a shortened cruise would be available to them.

We had a great cruise. I have saided ON the Triumph 3 times in 6 months ( trying to reach platium) ( almost there) I know the cruise after ours had some propulsion issues. Sure hope they get it fixed very soon. I really feel sorry or the crew. Some great folks on there. I feel for the passengers too.

I think Carnival is very generous when things go wrong. Full refund, gratuities, transportation. They were due back tomorrow correct? A little inconvenience for a free cruise. I sincerely hope the guests do not take back the gratuitites. The crew is likely working double time. It is not their fault.

I think Carnival is very generous when things go wrong. Full refund, gratuities, transportation. They were due back tomorrow correct? A little inconvenience for a free cruise. I sincerely hope the guests do not take back the gratuitites. The crew is likely working double time. It is not their fault.

I agree 100%

We got the email notification on the way to Galveston, 2 hours out. I'm driving in a 15 passenger van that we paid $330 to rent to get the 8 of us down here. We have 3 hotel rooms booked for tonight in Galveston, kind of annoying that they do not have any more definitive information as to what the game plan is. I hope they plan on reimbursing travel costs.

Sorry you were not notified that your ship was going to have a fire. I am sure Carnival is trying their best to deal with the fire, passengers and how they are going to return to Galveston. I am sure they did not let this happen just so you are out of money.

Thank goodness everyone is okay and no injuries.

From what I just read on JH facebook post everyone will be refunded thier fares as well as transportaion for those on the voyage. Also he said anyone on the next cruise will be given the chance to cancel or wait and see if a shortened cruise would be available to them.

So it's either cancel now or get stick with modified cruise? Or can I wait and see what they have to say before I decide to get a refund?

Sorry you were not notified that your ship was going to have a fire. I am sure Carnival is trying their best to deal with the fire, passengers and how they are going to return to Galveston. I am sure they did not let this happen just so you are out of money.

Thank goodness everyone is okay and no injuries.

Those were my thoughts too!

The posting is very clear they won't be leaving on schedule, soooo ...

Very generous? Isn't this the minimum that Carnival should do? I mean people on the current cruise are going to miss flights and have unplanned time away from work - which will cost them either more vacation time or lost wages. I applaud Carnival for doing exactly what it should be doing. Quite frankly, it should be extending the same offer to those in transit for the upcoming cruise that will not be departing on time, if it departs at all. I'm sorry, I would not describe the compensation as "very generous".

Archived