Ruby Princess photo review Jan 13 to 20,2013

Bimmer09

Thanks so much for your wonderful blog and pictures. We paid our deposit today for a July trip in the Greek Isles.

Your descriptions and pictures are both informative and make us all the more excited to go!:)

(Our first cruise)

First cruise? Ruby + Greek Islands...I see MORE cruises in your future!

I have never been to Greece but the Ruby is taking me there in September.

What decided you to "take the plunge"?

Another prediction- you will love your floating hotel.

Congratulations and bon voyage!

Norris

Ok- I have just launched the Diamond Princess Alaska review. It's snowing out here in Michigan so a good day to sit and write.

I hope you can join me in this next travel epic.

Norris

Thanks to all who "sailed" with me on the Ruby trip. Now I am on the Diamond review and using video links for the first time in the text.

I have two more cruises planned-Ruby Med this Sept and Royal next January so should be well versed in managing the videos by then and hope that you will all sail along with me.

Cheers!

Norris

Great review, well written and excellent photos. Brought back some wonderful memories.

On board the Ruby last August for our Grand Mediterranean cruise, we also did the UBD and the Ultimate ships tour. Both were well worth the price. I totally recommend both of them to anyone.

The Ruby is an amazing ship with an excellent crew. I also hosted a CC Meet and Greet on our first day at sea in the Wheelhouse bar. Among others, Captain Yeomans also made an appearance and spent quite a bit of time with us. He is a great story teller. We had about 85 members attend.

One of these days I will post a few tips for those planning a first trip to the Mediterranean. There is so much to do and see, it is worth some proper planning.

I can't believe I just stumbled across your review today. I truly enjoyed remembering my Ruby sailing in 2009 thru your words and eyes. I must add I am a pro photographer and would like to say what a great eye you have for capturing all the details in just the right way. You have gotten the hang of your Canon Rebel very nicely.

I sail The Royal Princess in November can't wait to take lots of photos!!!

Thanks again for the wonderful review!!

What a wonderful review of your trip and the Ruby Princess. We are platinum members, but have yet to sail on the Ruby. We will be sailing on her in the Mediterranean on May 12. I am so looking forward to sailing on the Ruby, after such a detailed review. Thank you again.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thank you for your very good photo review...the food photos are my favorite...but you are a good photographer with all your photos. :):):):)

Thank you very much. It's 18 months ago and I have just noticed your comment as I was reading this. I am booked on the Ruby again in January 2015 and doing the same itinerary.

This review was written before I got the hang of Apple's iMovie so I have been thinking of doing a review that features all the video I took on this Jan 2013 cruise.

My next cruise begins next week (Sept. 20) on the Ocean Princess in Venice so between now and my Ocean review ( early Oct) I may put up the Ruby videos.

It will be in a new thread though.

Norris

I know this review is 1 1/2 years old, but I just booked my 1st Princess cruise on the Ruby and loved this thread. Now I really can't wait to board this beautiful ship

You've certainly had quite a cruising history and it's better late than never to sail Princess. Welcome aboard! I can't imagine that the Ruby has changed much in 18 months and I am looking forward to my 2nd trip on her in January.

Have a great cruise! If you are onboard in November and loving it don't forget to buy an FCC or two for future Princess cruises.

Norris

Thanks for your wonderful review.

Thanks Sharon and Melody.

I am currently on a sea day in the Med onboard Ocean Princess. A review will follow once I get back to normal Internet connections.

Norris