Cruise Critic Community
mtstranscribe

Grandeur of the Seas sewage issue

I am cruising on RCI for the first time in June to Bermuda and read several reviews from November and December of 2012 about sewage issues. This is my family's first cruise and I really want them to have a great time. Has anyone else had issues with this lately or know if they have resolved the problem?

I've read reviews that mentioned this too, but I've also read posts from people who said they never experienced this.

We're booked for Nov. I'm going. Not worried at all. I'll be checking it out myself.

The Grandeur is currently sailing from Colon, Panama. Those cruises are marketed to the South American market and not that many CC members sail on her at this time.

We are on the repo cruise that brings the GOTS to Baltimore in April. We plan to write reviews to give everyone the info they need.

We have read good and bad comments about her. We have our fingers crossed.:)

I spent 23 days on her in Oct and have decided it is a sporadic thing. Some cruise days have odors, some not. Probably some people have an entire 7 day cruise without a whiff. I think if it could be corrected they would have done so. It is just the luck of the draw if your cruise has periodic odors.

I spent 23 days on her in Oct and have decided it is a sporadic thing. Some cruise days have odors, some not. Probably some people have an entire 7 day cruise without a whiff. I think if it could be corrected they would have done so. It is just the luck of the draw if your cruise has periodic odors.

I'm married, use to "sporadic", "periodic odors". lol

I'm now wiping the wine off my computer screen and still laughing at this comment.

Ha! Come to think of it, my hubby probably wont even notice the smells.... ;)

The Grandeur of the Seas Problems with Leaking Pipes, and occasional Sewage Smell is Still Ongoing...as we were on the Grandeur to Bermuda 10/25/2013...and it took place in our Cabin twice during the 7 day cruise...with apology letters from Grandeur Customer Service. However, we did enjoy our cruise...good friends...very good entertainment...mostly great MDR food...great service throughout...great Park Cafe food...and Outstanding Giovanni's Table, Italian specialty restaurant Lunch ($15 per passenger). :):):):)

Wow I'm sorry that happened to you. We were on the same sailing and I remember getting a note in my cabin one morning (we were on the 8th deck) apologizing for a line bursting or breaking. some may not have been able to flush between 2am and 7am. I remember getting up at 7:30 and had no problems flushing. Wow...I didn't realize it happened twice that cruise. It never affected us as I was asleep at 2am and woke up after 7am

We were on Deck 8 for the 10/11 cruise to Bermuda and never had any issues. I had read the reviews and was somewhat concerned, but never noticed any odors anywhere on the ship.

Odors on a ship are always an issue. You may or may not smell them. It varies by sailing and location. We sailed the Grandeur in May and never smelled anything the whole cruise. On the Oasis in 2010 I couldn't believe how bad it smelled at times and it would occur daily to several times a day through the entire sports deck, boardwalk, and aft end of the royal promenade. It's really not ship or age specific at all, just something that can happen.

We were on Deck 8 for the 10/11 cruise to Bermuda and never had any issues. I had read the reviews and was somewhat concerned, but never noticed any odors anywhere on the ship.

Our cabin was on deck 3 for the Oct. 11 sailing. Did not have any issues.