nairnblue

If scotland gets independance who gets the monarch

Queen Elizabeth II is the queen of 15 independent countries besides the UK. There's no reason why she couldn't be queen of Scotland if it were ever to become an independent nation.

Just a thought for next year.

Alex Salmond, your beloved leader and instigator of the push for Independance, has already stated that Scotland would keep the Queen as 'Head of State' and continue to use the 'British Armed Forces'.

I can understand keeping the Queen, as plenty of countries have, but, if you want Independance, then you should at least have your own 'Armed Forces'. Or has your beloved leader realised you can't afford it all on your own.......

She would be Elizabeth I here (our post boxes already reflect that fact by not having II on them and have done since she was crowned, an interesting trivia to look out for if you ever visit Scotland).

The first thing in my eyes would be, You want to go it alone, lets see how far you get, lets rebuild the WALL, we both have plenty of unemployed, now they have a job. When your broke you pay our Brickie Bill and we will let you back in. :D

The first thing in my eyes would be, You want to go it alone, lets see how far you get, lets rebuild the WALL, we both have plenty of unemployed, now they have a job. When your broke you pay our Brickie Bill and we will let you back in. :D

They'll never get planning permission...

Hadrian's Wall? Welcome to Scotland, Northumberland!

the Queen would stay the Head of State but become Queen Elizabeth the First of Scotland.

with some of the comments on this thread it would make me push for independence.

when I was younger I wanted independence but not now. I am happy that we have our own Parliament and make a lot of our own decisions on how Scotland is run, unlike England.

The United Kingdom became an entity when the King of Scotland became the King of England. If Scotland wants to leave the union, they'll have to throw England out. They keep their monarch. They keep the debts run up by an Edinburgh born PM and his Scots successor - especially the cost of bailing out a Scottish bank. The Unionist population of Northern Ireland have more affinity with Scotland than with an independent England, so that's Scotland's problem - as are the Falklands. In fact it's all such a good idea, why are we waiting for a Scottish referendum? Let England secede now!

The United Kingdom became an entity when the King of Scotland became the King of England. If Scotland wants to leave the union' date=' they'll have to throw England out. They keep their monarch. They keep the debts run up by an Edinburgh born PM and his Scots successor - especially the cost of bailing out a Scottish bank. The Unionist population of Northern Ireland have more affinity with Scotland than with an independent England, so that's Scotland's problem - as are the Falklands. In fact it's all such a good idea, why are we waiting for a Scottish referendum? Let England secede now![/quote']

:D:D:D:Dyeah!!

Alex Salmond, your beloved leader and instigator of the push for Independance, has already stated that Scotland would keep the Queen as 'Head of State' and continue to use the 'British Armed Forces'.

I can understand keeping the Queen, as plenty of countries have, but, if you want Independance, then you should at least have your own 'Armed Forces'. Or has your beloved leader realised you can't afford it all on your own.......

Whose beloved leader? Not mine nor anybody I know.

Please, take her and the rest of her family, you pay for them all! Take all that RBS and HBOS debt too ; )

the Queen would stay the Head of State but become Queen Elizabeth the First of Scotland.

with some of the comments on this thread it would make me push for independence.

when I was younger I wanted independence but not now. I am happy that we have our own Parliament and make a lot of our own decisions on how Scotland is run, unlike England.

here here

there are far to many scare stories but my question why are the english politicians so keen to keep us? Scotland is the great in britain without us it will just be britain, with our oil wealth we will be a far better country look at Norway, they have never looked back.

roll on next year

why are the english politicians so keen to keep us?

What makes you think they are? Quite rightly, most couldn't care less.

Do we keep The Queen? Do we keep the army? Do we keep the UK pound? Do we keep our EU membership? Do we send the UK nuclear submarines south?

Too many unanswered questions and I find it all a bit scary. I voted against the Scottish parliament in the referendum in the 90' as we didn't need any more government. We already have a British government in Westminster. So now in Scotland we have MP's and MSP's. And the outrageous cost of the building. I only hope that independence is voted down and puts an end to all this nonsense. However, if Scotland does achieve independence can I come and stay with some of you nice English people?

What makes you think they are? Quite rightly, most couldn't care less.

That's exactly the problem. You keep electing people who couldn't care less.

Do we keep The Queen? Do we keep the army? Do we keep the UK pound? Do we keep our EU membership? Do we send the UK nuclear submarines south?

Too many unanswered questions and I find it all a bit scary. I voted against the Scottish parliament in the referendum in the 90' as we didn't need any more government. We already have a British government in Westminster. So now in Scotland we have MP's and MSP's. And the outrageous cost of the building. I only hope that independence is voted down and puts an end to all this nonsense. However, if Scotland does achieve independence can I come and stay with some of you nice English people?

Nothing is stopping you moving now. You won't be missed.

Who cares if we lose the Queens? Does it impact on your life?

The Army? What difference does it make to you?

The EU? Won't impact your life one but.

Away and read the Daily Mail.

Alex Salmond and/or the SNP, who are driving all this don't know any of these answers. They are just making up stuff as they go along. Then if independence is granted what a mess they're going to have try to sort out.

The EU? Won't impact your life one but.

Oh, but it will. Who do you think's driving the high price of gas and electricity? These green taxes are EU directives, not our own mob's ideas.

What I want to know is, if Orkney and Shetland vote for independence and/or to remain in the UK, does that mean Scotland won't have any oil after all?

Edited by dsrdsrdsr

Tell that lovely Alex Salmond that if he so desperately wants a YES vote on Scotland leaving the union, he should let the English vote!

I vote the future King Charles for King of Scotland. Heh, Heh.

If the Scots want to become a minor insignificant backwater in the scheme of things,

who are we to stand in their way !!!

If some of the anti-Scots comments on here are meant to be funny then they have failed. If they are serious then thank goodness that the vast majority of people on these shared islands aren't quite so spiteful.

Hi Peatsmoke I fully agree with you, I am by no means a Scottish nationalist and have always been proud to be British and Scottish in equal measure.My wife has a large number of English cousins through family moving south due to their employment and we have English friends,I have never been anti English but when you read some of these comments and also some in the press even what could be classed as better quality it makes be very angry. There are parts of the northwest of Scotland where all you hear are English accents of people who have come north to escape the rat race you never hear them or read them informing there countrymen what a great country Scotland is.As part of Great Britian our successive English dominated governments have been quite happy to use,Scottish,Irish, Welsh and our Commemwealth Cousins as cannon fodder to forward their own aims. I find the anti-Scottish attitude seems to be more pronounced the further south you go and very prevelant in the south east but there again if it wasn't for Greater London we would all still be running about wearing animal skins for clothing.I think there is a small proportion of the English populace who forget the United Kingdom is made up of four countries and not Just England. As far as Scottish Nationalists are concerned look at the tradegys that have occurred throughout the world the minute"Nationalism" raises its ugly head, brother against brother,father against son.As Great Britain/United Kingdom we have stood up and fought against some of the greatest tyrants the world has seen and we have prevailed, did they ask in the trenches,D-Day,Korea,the Gulf or Afghanistan and all the hot spots in between are you English,Scottish,Irish,Welsh no they fought shoulder to shoulder not for The British Goverment but for each other.Rule Brittania.

Edited by Sanjam cruisers

Do we keep the UK pound? Do we keep our EU membership? ... Too many unanswered questions and I find it all a bit scary.

It won't be "yes" to both, anyway. All new countries who join the EU have to use the Euro - that's the rule. Scotland won't be in a strong enough position to negotiate out of that one.

I think that a lot of Scots forget how small they would be as an independent country, they have a population of 5.2 million on a par with Ireland 4.5, and Croatia 4.8.

Even without Scotland the rest of the UK will have a population in excess of 60 million !!!

I think that a lot of Scots forget how small they would be as an independent country, they have a population of 5.2 million on a par with Ireland 4.5, and Croatia 4.8.

Even without Scotland the rest of the UK will have a population in excess of 60 million !!!

I fail to see how the population of Scotland is relevant re independence, geographical size or population isn't important. What is important is the chance for the Scottish people to have their say.

234 days and counting.....

Population will be very important if you want to be member of the EU, the representation on all EU institutions is based on size of population Scotlands influence on any policys would be very small

Population will be very important if you want to be member of the EU, the representation on all EU institutions is based on size of population Scotlands influence on any policys would be very small

You keep voting Tory.

By the way, how is that working out for you?

Now if Scotland gets independence what about a Scottish Army, Navy and Airforce? Or wil the jocks be like the Channel Isles and the Isle of Man, dependent on Mother England for defence. Ah, the jocks like to spend a quid, triple their taxes to pay for defence ! LOL.

I reckon the English should invade Scotland and put an end to this rebellion !!!

Rule Britannia !!!

Edited by NSWP

Scotland would have a defence army defending themselves and not fight and get innocent soldiers killed fighting other counries wars