Cruise Critic Community
Maryandi

Moorea Info. Needed

We will be in Moorea and would like to take a day tour by boat with lunch. Could anyone provide me with a link and email address to a tour company that they have used.

There will be 7 of us.

Thanks, M.A.

Only a few lagoon tours with lunch.

Alberts has one as well as Hiro's (son of one of the Bali Hai Boys)

Edited by Tikiintahiti

Thanks Tiki..., do you have an email address for them ? I don't think Google even has one.

M.A.

Thank You for the addresses - I was on Google 1 hour last night and never found Albert - Hiro's address would not open -

Appreciate you finding them for me.

MaryAnn

We're on the 4/7 Marina cruise and have decided to rent cars in both Moorea and Huahine. Can you suggest the best public places to snorkle and must see sightseeing spots? We'd appreciate any tips you may have.

Unless your going to pay to access a resort the best snorkel area on Moorea witll be between the motus. Both of the public beaches have some snorkeling as well but you will need to go out a bit further.

On Huahine I would go snorkeling around Relais Mahana. If you buy lunch at the hotel I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem with you snorkeling but I would ask while you eat.

Here is a home made map that gives you a few places and things to not miss on Moorea

Map

Edited by Tikiintahiti

Thanks so much for your quick reply this will be very helpful. I have a couple other questions if you don't mind about other islands. On Rangiroa we were thinking of going to the natural aquarium of Motu Nohi Nohi - do you think we can get a taxi there and back? Is there somewhere as good or better to snorkle

Where is the best place to snorkle on Bora Bora? It looks like many of the best known tour operators are already full so I'm looking for alternative options. We're also interested in doing a Circle Island tour...do you have any recommendations?

Lastly, how are the roads on Nuku Hiva? we're planning sharing a taxi tour and my husband has a bad back so I'm trying to understand just how rough of a ride we would have.

Thanks again for being so willing to share your knowledge and experience with us all

There is a lagoon taxi shed right at the place where the tender will let you off. That would be my #1 place to check if I could get a ride to the moyu your wanting. This may or not be the same place your thinking but one of the better snorkel locations is just to the north side of the little motu just inside the lagoon when going through Tipupa Pass.

On Bora Bora you can rent a skiff for the day on your own.The operator will come and get you at the tender drop off location.

Then you use my map :)

Best snorkel areas on Bora Bora

Edited by Tikiintahiti

You are such a dear. Can't tell you how helpful all your information has been...won't promise yet that I'm done with questions :-) Thanks again so much.

Good Morning - I have been watching your replys and you certainly have been a wealth of information. I am not sure you have already answered this but thought I would ask.

If you were in Moorea for the first time what tour would you take or do? We have been looking at an ATV tour but see others are snorkelling or shopping.

We are going to be their on a cruise for one day only and want to make the most of it.

Thank you so much for the help

That is what I was thinking as well since there will be many other places to snorkel. Thanks again it has now convinced me.

On Moorea think 'land' tours

On Bora Bora think 'lagoon' tours ;)

Edited by Tikiintahiti

Other than Patrick which is already filled for our day what are some good lagoon tours on Bora Bora?

Lastly, how are the roads on Nuku Hiva? we're planning sharing a taxi tour and my husband has a bad back so I'm trying to understand just how rough of a ride we would have.

We just came back from a cruise that included Nuku Heva. We were in a Cruise Critic group that went with Jocelyn's tour. Liked this island the least of all the islands we visited. She had a morning group and an afternoon group. We didn't get started on time due to a little delay in tendering, so she was rushed to get back to get the next group before we sailed. You go in SUV's over paved and dirt roads to get to a few lookout points, which are beautiful but after all the other wonderful islands, I could have skipped this one. It took about an hour to go up and an hour to get back with a few stops in between. I have a herniated disc myself, but had no trouble on the ride. I heard many people say how much they enjoyed their tours and or just a leisurely walk around the little town. It was extremely hot and muggy.

I'm sure you'll get lots of other opinions. Have a great trip.

Was the ATV tour strenous?

We would love to do it, but I'm a little hesitant.

Was the ATV tour strenous?

We would love to do it, but I'm a little hesitant.

Just for info.

We talked to a couple of people that did the ATV tour in Moorea with Albert's tours. They were in their 70's and raved about it. Said it was so much fun!

I think next time I'll try it. :eek:

I was just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question. We stop for a day at each of these places and I was wondering if there is anything to see without doing a tour of any kind. In other words, do the tenders land in the centre of a town/City? where one could just walk around?:)

You will be isolated on Moorea from the dock location if it's the primary spot ......... in Opunohu Bay/Papetoai

On Bora Bora the dock is located next to the main village, Vaitape. There are some shops, pearl shops, cafes & banks close by but nothing to get excited about as far as a beach. Most ships do have a bus that eill take you to Matira Beach for $5.00 ........ well worth the $5.00

From Matira Beach you can swim, walk the sand for about a mile. There are a few stores and cafes around the area.

Edited by Tikiintahiti

You will be isolated on Moorea from the dock location if it's the primary spot ......... in Opunohu Bay/Papetoai

On Bora Bora the dock is located next to the main village, Vaitape. There are some shops, pearl shops, cafes & banks close by but nothing to get excited about as far as a beach. Most ships do have a bus that eill take you to Matira Beach for $5.00 ........ well worth the $5.00

From Matira Beach you can swim, walk the sand for about a mile. There are a few stores and cafes around the area.

thanks Tikiintahiti. So, in Moorea, are there taxi's hangin' about waiting to be hired? How about the $5- bus solution that appears to be available in Bora Bora... any such thing in Moorea? And How about Papeete? Your info has been very helpful and much appreciated.

marise

Taxi is expensive on Moorea and almost impossible to get when a ship is there. I would rent a car for the day. Expensive but well worth it. Many things to see just driving around. The rental car company will have cars sitting there for hire but you should make a reservation.

Avis Contact: sandrine@avispacificar.pf

On Tahiti you can simply grab the Le Truck Bus. Cheap and you can go anywhere.

http://www.tahiti-tourisme.fr/articles.php?cat=999&sec=441

Taxi is expensive on Moorea and almost impossible to get when a ship is there. I would rent a car for the day. Expensive but well worth it. Many things to see just driving around. The rental car company will have cars sitting there for hire but you should make a reservation.

Avis Contact: sandrine@avispacificar.pf

On Tahiti you can simply grab the Le Truck Bus. Cheap and you can go anywhere.

http://www.tahiti-tourisme.fr/articles.php?cat=999&sec=441

thank you. I will definitely keep that in mind, and especially for the Avis contact info.:)

marise