Cruise Critic Community
Maryandi

Moorea Info. Needed

The main bus station on Tahiti is about 2 or 3 blocks from the ships. I gave you the link to the bus schedules. The way to see PPT and Tahiti is to hang eith the locals ....... the bus and the Roulottes at the water front after 6 pm

I see there are buses around the East coast and West Coast, meeting somewhere at the north end of the island. Can someone give me a steer as to which bus to take up the East Coast to where it would meet up with a West Coast bus going back to the start? A common terminal perhaps?

Thanks in advance

On Tahiti you can simply grab the Le Truck Bus. Cheap and you can go anywhere.

http://www.tahiti-tourisme.fr/articles.php?cat=999&sec=441

Le Truck type buses are very hard to find on Tahiti anymore since the government put in a government controlled bus system. I saw no Le Trucks when I was there last year and I tried to get a bus from the hotel to downtown and 2 went by fully loaded (did not stop) in one hour and we gave up and everyone at the bus stop started sharing taxies.

Do not depend on the bus system to get anywhere on time.

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/tahiti/0084020015.html

Never have had a problem .......

Have you been on Tahiti since they did away with the Le Trucks?

I go every year ;)

I'm not discounting your experience, just sharing mine

Edited by Tikiintahiti

I already have the bus schedule, What I need to know is if there is connectivity between the two bus routes. Example answer: "The 12E bus meets the 16W bus at the turnaround point in TinTin Square. It is simple to walk from one bus to the other" Also I note the fare is quoted in Euros but I gather the currency in use is the Polynesian franc.

I haven't been all the way around on the bus for a long time but if I recall there is a major bus stop in Taravao around the Carrefour Market. As I said it's been awhile so don't hold me on that. When I took it last they continued all the way around on the same bus.

I'm just getting started researching for our trip. I've read all of Tiki's amazing information but I'm still so confused. Where do I begin? I've read so many threads that my head is spinning. Our cruise starts on Oct 4th. The groups organizing together through Cruise Critic Roll Call all already filled with wait lists...and we really hate the tours that are sponsored by the cruise line. Figured I'd go directly to Albert's to do a land tour in Moorea (as Tiki suggests) but man is that website confusing.

I really liked the sound of Hiro's 5.5 hour tour in Moorea. Unfortunately they are booked solid for the date I will be there (April 20th - Easter Sunday actually). Any suggestions of a good alternative tour company that does something similar? Thanks in advance. Might we find something like this at the dock that we can book last minute?

Did you check out Albert's? The link is there

Ah yes. I see their Lagoon Tour is comparable to Hiro's 5.5 hour tour. Thanks!