Cruise Critic Community
ckrobyn

Attempt at a Semi- LIVE report from the Adventure of the Seas b2b, Feb 17 & 24, 2013!

Hi Robyn:

So excited to be cruising with you! We are boarding AOS on April 7 so really looking forward to your report. Thanks for taking the time to post and enjoy that Corona!

Thanks :) Corona is great, but I can't wait to taste my favorite Caribe beer in St. Thomas on Monday :D

Excited is an understatement!!

We just saw Brilliance and Celebrity Summit sail by our hotel :) If I can get any sleep at all, I will still try and wake up to see the AOS sailing into port....:rolleyes:

Tonight we changed our plans and went to a Japanese restaurant next door to our hotel called "Cherry Blossom" - they have cooking tables and they seat about 12 people, we were sitting next to several people who had just returned from their cruises. The food was excellent and the conversation was great - I always enjoy meeting people from all over the world when I travel.

We did another Walgreens run and the place was packed with people getting ready to cruise tomorrow - you could feel the anticipation in the air :p

I have scrolled back and taken note of cabin #'s for those who want pictures, and also for those who have asked for specific information....I will do my best to answer everyone.

Our plan is to arrive at the Pan American Pier at about 10:30AM - hopefully the passengers debarking are quick and we can board....but if not, we will enjoy chatting with everyone in line - that's part of the fun!!!

Thanks for all the great replies today - I am so happy to share my ship, and my cruises with you :D

Robyn when I read your post this morning ... I thought you'd be awake to see the AOS sailing into port! Have a fantastic time .. I'll be checking in on you everyday.

OB will you be on the Indy ... or why in San Juan on 3/7/13? Would be great to see others from CC ....

Hey Robin, I am looking forward to your reports. I will be on Adventure in just under a year from now.

BTW. We just got about 5 - 10 cm of snow aren't you sad you missed it? lol

Have fun.

I am so glad to know that I am not the only one that gets so excited the night before the cruise! I have to take a Benadryl or two and dh laughs at me!

Wish we were there with you!

Hi Robyn - would appreciate any pics of 1324 especially the balcony. Also would love to know if this GS is smaller than the others because of that missing cupboard on the right hand side of the door?

I'm going to enjoy sailing along with you - have a fab time. I'll be checking in each day.:)

Good morning -I am awake, and I DID see my beautiful ship sailing into port at 4:45AM from my hotel room balcony. I can now say officially that "my ship has come in" LOL!!! :p

Today will be a busy one, and I know that I have not had enough sleep.....but the adrenaline of embarkation day will keep me going! :D We expect to leave the hotel at about 10:15AM for a short 10 minute ride to the pier.

Some additional information::

We chose early seating this cruise, and we are in Owner's Suite 1300 for both weeks of our b2b. This is our very first OS and we are super excited about it! I received a letter from our Concierge, Sylvia earlier in the week inviting me to email her with any special requests we may have. Our Captain is Ole Johan Grunhaug (sp?) and our CD is Anthony Richards who is replacing a vacationing Drew Devine.

My next post will be from onboard the beautiful Adventure of the Seas!!! Thanks for following along - I am happy to share my love of cruising and of course my love of the AOS. The information I have gained over the years from CC has been priceless - now it's time to give back. Again, I will post as often as I can :)

It's time for ADVENTURE!!!!!!:D

Hi Robyn - would appreciate any pics of 1324 especially the balcony. Also would love to know if this GS is smaller than the others because of that missing cupboard on the right hand side of the door?

I'm going to enjoy sailing along with you - have a fab time. I'll be checking in each day.:)

Jules, I have sailed in this cabin and have many pics I can share with you when I return. The location is fabulous as it is the only GS on the hump.The only thing missing is what you have already identified - but I would not say the room is smaller (I also had a side GS and can compare). If it is a tad smaller, you wouldn't notice. That little cupboard is a small half moon table attached to the wall and it really doesn't make a big difference. Every other feature of this GS is the same.

:D NO MORE SLEEPS :D

Its BOARDING DAY!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! It's MY turn!!!!!

Thanks for sharing my excitement :):p

I am so glad to know that I am not the only one that gets so excited the night before the cruise! I have to take a Benadryl or two and dh laughs at me!

Wish we were there with you!

LOL Denise - I know exactly what you mean :rolleyes: except I take a Bonine the night before boarding! You'd think after 20 cruises I would realize that I do not suffer from seasickness......but I always take a Bonine the night before boarding and one more the night I board - I think it's a mental thing :eek:

Hey Robin, I am looking forward to your reports. I will be on Adventure in just under a year from now.

BTW. We just got about 5 - 10 cm of snow aren't you sad you missed it? lol

Have fun.

Oh dear, I am SO sorry I missed it :rolleyes:

The weather in San Juan today is SUNNY - not a cloud in the sky....and HOT, did I mention how HOT it is here?? Today's temp will be 85 with a real feel of 92 :D:p

Good morning -I am awake, and I DID see my beautiful ship sailing into port at 4:45AM from my hotel room balcony. I can now say officially that "my ship has come in" LOL!!! :p

Today will be a busy one, and I know that I have not had enough sleep.....but the adrenaline of embarkation day will keep me going! :D We expect to leave the hotel at about 10:15AM for a short 10 minute ride to the pier.

Some additional information::

We chose early seating this cruise, and we are in Owner's Suite 1300 for both weeks of our b2b. This is our very first OS and we are super excited about it! I received a letter from our Concierge, Sylvia earlier in the week inviting me to email her with any special requests we may have. Our Captain is Ole Johan Grunhaug (sp?) and our CD is Anthony Richards who is replacing a vacationing Drew Devine.

My next post will be from onboard the beautiful Adventure of the Seas!!! Thanks for following along - I am happy to share my love of cruising and of course my love of the AOS. The information I have gained over the years from CC has been priceless - now it's time to give back. Again, I will post as often as I can :)

It's time for ADVENTURE!!!!!!:D

Robyn, I'm so excited for you!!! Have a great cruise!!! You are going to love your OS!!! If you see a really big yacht close to the AOS is the "Serene" a mega yacht owned by Russian vodka titan Yuri Scheffler. It is a beauty, at night the ship lights up with turquoise-coloured neon runners. Stunning!!

Have a fantastic cruise!!!

Robyn, I hope you have calm seas and warm weather. . .:cool:

(I wish I was in your suitcase to tag along !) :)

Radio

;);)

Robyn, have a fabulous time! I miss you already!

Can't wait for the morning BBM reports!

Bon Voyage! Love you guys!!!!!!!!! <3

We are following your Cruise also Robyn, and look forward to your post so we can"join you in spirit", we have 11 weeks till our cruise. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

Jules, I have sailed in this cabin and have many pics I can share with you when I return. The location is fabulous as it is the only GS on the hump.The only thing missing is what you have already identified - but I would not say the room is smaller (I also had a side GS and can compare). If it is a tad smaller, you wouldn't notice. That little cupboard is a small half moon table attached to the wall and it really doesn't make a big difference. Every other feature of this GS is the same.

Ah thanks Robyn. One more question!!! Are you able to see to the front of the ship if you lean over the balcony??

Have a wonderful time , its 14 warm degrees :rolleyes: here in Ohio looking foward to hearing all about your " Adventure" and bringing us that much closer to our cruise. :):)

Robyn when I read your post this morning ... I thought you'd be awake to see the AOS sailing into port! Have a fantastic time .. I'll be checking in on you everyday.

OB will you be on the Indy ... or why in San Juan on 3/7/13? Would be great to see others from CC ....

We are on Indy's March 2 sailing from Ft. Lauderdale and will be in San Juan on the 7th.

Edited by Ocean Boy

ROBYN UPDATE:

She is at the pier, seapass in hand at 10:40 a.m. Only about 200 people there.

There are water cases and soda available for purchase. There is also a little variety shop with sunscreen, toiletries etc. And wine of course.

Robyn's BFF:D

LOL Denise - I know exactly what you mean :rolleyes: except I take a Bonine the night before boarding! You'd think after 20 cruises I would realize that I do not suffer from seasickness......but I always take a Bonine the night before boarding and one more the night I board - I think it's a mental thing :eek:

I take Dramamine the whole time I am on a cruise, but I have found that it keeps me from having a hangover. Even tried it when I am back on land and it works!