Carnival Triumph - Photos - Tents - Sewage Bags

Feelin' Nauti'

I would rather wear flipflops. I can throw them out when done, and bleach my feet. I wouldn't want to have to either clear or throw out sneakers.....

I would definitely wear sneakers and throw them out. With flip flops you could get some poo your bare foot. Eeeewwww.

To me it's a terrible sight to see' date=' I can't imagine what those poor people are going through. Cruising in filthy conditions. Wallowing in one's own or someone's filth is unacceptable.

No heat or A/C, limited food, sewage seeping everywhere, smell of fecal waste material, sleeping on open decks[i'].

[/i]

Don't ever travel to India, then.

Interesting, but in all the photos I have seen there have been no feces on the floor or running down the wall. I know it was bad, but it seems like most people did make the best of it with the exception of some people who evidently over dramatized it. All the people look happy to be back and know this was handled the best way it could have been.

Quoting last part: ...."The missed work component is probably the worst part. I can handle adversity- but if I don't work, how do I pay my mortgage?[/quote/]

If you are self-employed, I feel for you. If you have an employer, the company should have some type of leave which should include pay for an accident of this severity. If not, perhaps personal leave or more vacation which would be a shame.

Me too. That made me laugh outloud. And the sign that said "Need beer". At least some kept their sense of humor through the whole thing.

I chuckled at this one.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdistilleryimage10.s3.amazonaws.com%2F468fed6c76e811e2a52022000a1f9e5e_7.jpg&resize=1&w=490

Crew was too busy cleaning, they probably forgotten the chocolates on the pillows... which were out on decks and in hallways :rolleyes:

You are on the CARNIVAL board....duh..........if you don't want to hear it than go to one of the other boards. Here's your sign.

Brand loyalists. Since they use the brand, the brand is perfect and does nothing wrong. For them to do something wrong, that would reflect badly on the loyalist.... and since that's impossible, it cannot happen.

When it gets to the point of saying that's "water" in the hallways... lol.

960x595.jpg

Travis and Karen Jackson of Paris, Texas brought a valentine's gift for their daughter Carlie, 20, who is stuck onboard the Carnival Triumph ship as they prepared to reunite with their daughter at the Alabama Cruise Terminal Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2013 in Mobile

960x595.jpg

Candice Jackson, pictured, is on the Carnival Triumph. Her parents Travis and Karen Jackson of Paris, Texas, waiting in Mobile, Ala., to pick her up.

960x595.jpg

Travis Jackson of Paris, Texas show a text from his daughter Carlie, 20, who was stuck onboard the Carnival Triumph ship

960x595.jpg

Passengers spell out the word "HELP" aboard the disabled Carnival Lines cruise ship Triumph as it is towed to harbor off Mobile Bay, Ala., Thursday, Feb. 14, 2013.

960x595.jpg

Family members holding a sign for their loved ones as people began gathering for the return of the Carnival Triumph ship at the Alabama Cruise Terminal Thursday, Feb. 14, 2013, in Mobile.

960x595.jpg

Passengers of the Carnival Triumph walk to their buses after docking at the cruise terminal in Mobile, Ala., Thursday, Feb. 14, 2013.

Their four day cruise was a nightmare... They have every right to complain.

+1

I just can't understand all of the people on these boards that say this was no big deal. Stuff happens, get over it. This was a major event that effected thousands of people. But the apologists just seem to want to blow it off and blame the media for sensationalizing it. Seems to me that it hasn't been sensationalized enough. Carnival's $500 is a slap in the face for what these poor people went through. Carnival had a chance to really come out looking good in this, but they blew it.

The ship did not sink, and you are all back home safely. Two things to be thankful for!

Joy of Seeing

June 2011 - Regent Navigator - Alaska

Thinking the same thing basically!

ss-130215-carnival-cruise-03.ss_full.jpg

Kendall Jenkins, left, of Houston, celebrates with Brittany Ferguson, of Houston (AP photo)

gss-130214-carnival-907p.ss_full.jpg

Kendall Jenkins of Houston kisses the ground after stepping off the Carnival ship Triumph (Getty Images photo)

ss-130215-carnival-cruise-02.ss_full.jpg

Veronica Arriaga, of Angleton, Texas (AP photo)

Me too. That made me laugh outloud. And the sign that said "Need beer".

960x595.jpg

At least some kept their sense of humor through the whole thing.

960x595.jpg

Jon Bansant, left, and Phillip Graham, of Seabrook, enjoy a cold beer they asked a friend meeting them in Mobile to bring.

They were headed to New Orleans.

The ship did not sink, and you are all back home safely. Two things to be thankful for!

Joy of Seeing

June 2011 - Regent Navigator - Alaska

From same Houston Chronicle:

960x595.jpg

Kendall Jenkins (L) and friend cheer after stepping off the crippled Carnival ship Triumph at the Alabama Cruise terminal in Mobile, Alabama, on February 14, 2013.

960x595.jpg

960x595.jpg

960x595.jpg

Karen Zapletal, right, April Sarafin, and Wanda Embrey, of Seabrook, said they made the most of a bad situation.

+1

I just can't understand all of the people on these boards that say this was no big deal. Stuff happens, get over it. This was a major event that effected thousands of people. But the apologists just seem to want to blow it off and blame the media for sensationalizing it. Seems to me that it hasn't been sensationalized enough. Carnival's $500 is a slap in the face for what these poor people went through. Carnival had a chance to really come out looking good in this, but they blew it.

I disagree. I think Carnival is being more then fair to these passengers. Why does everyone want to have their hand out? Everyone wants to sue someone for something. No one died. It wasn't pleasant but they are all alive. So whats fair compensation? $25,000 per person? $50,000 per person?

960x595.jpg

Just curious, in the pic with Kendall J. Where did the McDonald's bag come from? :confused:

960x595.jpg

Asking myself the same question - seen at least one other passenger carrying one of the ship or maybe picked up at the terminal? Hmm..

The other couple seem to have refreshments too (Coke bottle?)..

ss-130215-carnival-cruise-06.ss_full.jpg

Archived