Carnival Triumph - Photos - Tents - Sewage Bags

Feelin' Nauti'

So whats fair compensation? $25,000 per person? $50,000 per person?

That would depend on those who probably lost jobs over this. You can bet there are a few in there. Not only that but those who had to use up all their extra vacation time or lost wages. If I had to take an extra week vacation to cover it, I would expect Carnival to reimburse that on top of anything else everyone gets. Lost jobs? That's going to be a fight most don't have the $ for. I would expect some might get some type of off the record settlement though.

Carnival seems to be doing a decent job with folks here and I bet the other issues will be taken care of behind the scenes. Most will probably come out of this satisfied and maybe a handful of folks who think the ordeal was worth bazillions. They will get their pittance from a class action of one comes about.

Pay thousands of dollars? All passengers on Triumph will be refunded all money and get a credit in that amount for their next cruise AND they are getting $500 a piece. So in essence, it didn't cost them a dime to go on this adventure.

I don't care who you are, that's funny!

Yes they do. However, they dont pay thousands of dollars to go on vacation to get those conditions! Its one thing to make light of the situation, but to totally ignore those conditions is rediculous! :mad:

Pay thousands of dollars? All passengers on Triumph will be refunded all money and get a credit in that amount for their next cruise AND they are getting $500 a piece. So in essence, it didn't cost them a dime to go on this adventure.

I do not camp. EVER. My minimum requirements for vacation are flush toilets and hot running water. And air conditioning. And ice in my drinks.

Apparently Carnival can't guarantee those things. :rolleyes:

I do go camping. And have all of the above when I do!;)

Just curious who can GUARANTEE those things 24/7/365???:confused:

Really? Sitting on a deck of a cruise ship is adventure and being pioneers? Even WITH bad plumbing thats cracking me up!

Go hike the chugatch national forest in Alaska.... thats being adventurous and pioneerish... dealing with a vacation nightmare on a cruise ship, that doesn't qualify. First world problems and a first world adventure. SMDH.

There was a reason things were in quotation marks. Perhaps you missed it...

Regardless of whether you think it would have been an adventure, countless people would. The fact that the person I was quoting thinks someone who says they would have liked to have been on board had a sad life is what I was responding go. Not everyone can hike the chugatch national forrest. For some, adventure is where you find it when you are least expecting it - like the Triumph situation.

No doubt the heat and stench, especially in the interior of the ship was unbearable. But to say the floors and carpets were saturated with bodily waste is probably an exageration since the pictures show people wearing flip flops. If the floors were THAT bad, some of those people would have been in regular shoes to keep the filth off their feet.

Looks horrible and disgusting, and in no way would I choose those circumstances. (Not even over going to work)

I do believe Carnival did what they could, and I am sure most passengers tried to make the most of a horrible situation, which is what I would have attempted to do!

I am glad they are all home now!

I do go camping. And have all of the above when I do!;)

Just curious who can GUARANTEE those things 24/7/365???:confused:

No one can.. I cannot even do that in my own home, as anything could happen.. and would require me get them fixed. I do not have a magic wand that I can waive and just fix them instantaneously.

Ask the folks in NJ, if their homes maintained flushing toilets, ice in their drinks, hot food, and air conditioning/heat 24/7/365 in the last year?!?

Quoting last part: ...."The missed work component is probably the worst part. I can handle adversity- but if I don't work, how do I pay my mortgage?[/quote/]

If you are self-employed, I feel for you. If you have an employer, the company should have some type of leave which should include pay for an accident of this severity. If not, perhaps personal leave or more vacation which would be a shame.

Two words: Travel Insurance. Never leave home without it! :D

John just posted a letter from "Georgette" on FB, she just wanted everyone to know how great her steward, Loreto, was during the entire trip. He disinfected the room every couple of hours, sprayed the hall with a room spray, got them ice when needed and all with a laugh or smile, he slept in the hallways for an hour or two so he was there if needed. She stated not how she planned to spend her platinum voyage, but it wasn't anything like she watched on tv last night.

Kudos to the crew!

Happy Sailing,

re: McDonalds, McDonalds did set up in the cruise terminal with food for the returning passengers

re: Bathrobes, most had warm weather clothes for Mexico, and as they neared Mobile, it turned cold, which is why they were wearing the bathrobes, they had nothing else.

I disagree. I think Carnival is being more then fair to these passengers. Why does everyone want to have their hand out? Everyone wants to sue someone for something. No one died. It wasn't pleasant but they are all alive. So whats fair compensation? $25,000 per person? $50,000 per person?

Right, no need to focus on safety until someone dies. Brilliant.

The point of holding them accountable for this is to "encourage" them to work hard to avoid anything like this in the future. The next group might not be as "lucky". Corporations don't care about your safety unless it impacts their profits.

What if a storm had passed their way? The safety of the passengers was in question without adequate power to operate the ship.

Should Carnival have offloaded passengers onto another ship? Sure. Could it have been handled better? Sure. I hope carnival does learn some things from this.quote]

I'm sorry....this is where this gets crazy for me. Just HOW do you propose that Carnival offload passengers to another ship out to sea that is listing because it is dead in the water? Line a plank up between 2 ships? Hoist them off one at a time from a sling and helicopter? We're talking over 4,000 people. What about their luggage? You would have risked far more lives doing this than leaving them on a ship with conditions like they were.

Right, no need to focus on safety until someone dies. Brilliant.

The point of holding them accountable for this is to "encourage" them to work hard to avoid anything like this in the future. The next group might not be as "lucky". Corporations don't care about your safety unless it impacts their profits.

What if a storm had passed their way? The safety of the passengers was in question without adequate power to operate the ship.

Carnival did the best they could under the circumstances. They can't forsee every little thing that could happen. I don't believe they will be held accountable for anything....it was an accident. You probably should never, ever cruise because you never know what will happen. Oh i see you are going on the Splendor....didn't that ship have the same problem a few years back? Why are you sailing on that ship then? So you can sue if it happens again?

Archived