Photo tours/Walking tours

disgirl

Hi,

My friend and I will be on the Sapphire Princess on 27APR. We are looking for photo tours in our ports. I have contacted a few companies that have walking tours, but havent found any photo tours yet. Anyone have any recommendations? Our ports are:

San Fran

Santa Barbara

San Diego

Catalina Island

Encinada

Thanks in advance for your help and insight :)

ps the excursions from the ship dont appeal to us as they are mostly wine ones lol

Hi,

My friend and I will be on the Sapphire Princess on 27APR. We are looking for photo tours in our ports. I have contacted a few companies that have walking tours, but havent found any photo tours yet. Anyone have any recommendations? Our ports are:

San Fran

Santa Barbara

San Diego

Catalina Island

Encinada

ps the excursions from the ship dont appeal to us as they are mostly wine ones

lol

Try Angela at Townee Tours in San Pedro. Not sure about those other ports but she has great walking tours of the Port of LA.

Hi,

San Fran

Santa Barbara

San Diego

Catalina Island

Encinada

ps the excursions from the ship dont appeal to us as they are mostly wine ones lol

Catalina is easily walkable, or you can rent golf carts and take a 1-2 hour self-guided tour of Avalon and the surrounding hills. The other option is a longer guided van tour where you can see the rugged interior of the island and some of the wildlife. The latter is run by the Conservancy and is very nature-oriented.

Same thing with Ensenada (note spelling); you can walk around the tourist area and get interesting photos. Or take a tour down to the blowhole (La Bufadora) about 30 miles south. Get a group together, go downtown on the free shuttle, and there will be lots of van drivers who will drive you there for a lot less than the cruiseship tours. Definitely be somewhat cautious not to venture out of the main tourist and shopping areas.

Last suggestion, *never* call the city "San Fran" or "Frisco"! You will be ignored or quickly admonished if you're heard using either while visiting.

What hours will you be in Ensenada? The town is safe but not many stores are open if your ship gets in at 6pm.

The most dangerous part about walking around Ensenada will be the sidewalks. Ave Lopez is a nice street but the other sidewalks are dangerous. There are open utility boxes and other hazards. A few weeks ago I almost fell down a well made 3ft deep concrete basemant stairwell.

Interesting things to photograph are the Blowhole (La Bufadora), this fish market and the old army barracks (now a museum) in town.

The Blowhole is best at high tide just after a storm.

Archived