Informal poll, did the carnival incident make you change your mind about cruising

JAYRAY1259

FYI google RE: prior engine and mechanical problems with the Triumph. There are numerous sources quoting passengers and even Carnival themselves stating that the ship had electrical problems prior to this sailing. I feel the reason they were holding off was they were trying to stretch the periodic maintenance schedule off so they would not lose revenue. I don't know when the ships next scheduled yard work was to be done, so they were probably trying to nurse it along until then. that way the ship would not be out of service before then. They took a gamble and lost, so it seems. I love cruising and I am not in the habit of bashing them, but Carnival was not upfront with their passengers. As I stated before, "They did not hold up their end of the bargain!" I don't sail Carnival because I'm not a kid anymore. They cater to the young crowd and that's fine. I like to party, but I like to enjoy myself with people more my own age. Carnival serves it's purpose, just not mine.

I also figured when I made the original post, that most hardcore cruisers, myself included would not allow the events that transpired make them stop cruising. I was just curious to see if I was right about this. I guess I was, Most people who like to cruise will continue to cruise. There is a contingent of people out there that when asked to go on a cruise with you, will find any number of reasons why they won't or can't go. This incident just gave them more ammo. There is no doubt that throwing the events that transpired out there for a poll in this forum would draw a biased crowd. That's because most people here are experienced cruisers. I just wanted to see if this type of person could be swayed.

I don't doubt anything you've said. I just find it inappropriate/incorrect/unfair for someone (mrspete) to conclude that they KNOW what caused this incident at this early stage.

• 3 months later...
No, the Carnival incident has not changed my mind about cruising. I've taken Carnival once. While the cruise was good I'm inclined to go with other cruiselines that go to the same ports just because I prefer them.

PrincessJen-

Hope that you see this post! I just happened to see your cruise history, and noticed that you have sailed on NCL's Pride of America. I'm considering it for hubby's and my 35th anniversary next year. Could you share anything about your experience on that ship? We'll be flying to Honolulu from Chicago. Thanks!

Archived