Cruise and I have no luggage!

cruz chic

Now the airline says my luggage is going to leave Houston on a flight close to noon. Why they wouldn't get it out on the first flight is beyond me. I'm trying to stay postive but it's not working too well. The Westin Hotel has been really helpful. Sapper, I'm out in the boonies on Corporate Drive. As soon as the Galleria opens I'm heading over. They say my luggage should reach the pier by 2:30. I have my doubts. I want to thank everyone for the encouragement. I appreciate it.

Good luck - I'm holding out hope it is there at 2:30 for you.

Well 2:30 sounds better than "we don't know where it is". So I join everyone with fingers crosed and sending positive vibes...go shopping anyway but "please, please, please" get that suitcase to the pier on time (and onto the ship). It has had enough of an adventure! It is time to relax and enjoy!

Now the airline says my luggage is going to leave Houston on a flight close to noon. Why they wouldn't get it out on the first flight is beyond me. I'm trying to stay postive but it's not working too well. The Westin Hotel has been really helpful. Sapper, I'm out in the boonies on Corporate Drive. As soon as the Galleria opens I'm heading over. They say my luggage should reach the pier by 2:30. I have my doubts. I want to thank everyone for the encouragement. I appreciate it.

Lorekauf, across the street from the Galleria there is a CVS, you may be able to find a cheap beach tote, that you can put your purchases in so you don't have to buy luggage...Good luck, let us know if you can how it turns out.

We were on a Mediterranean cruise a few years ago and met a woman whose son worked for one of the airlines. She was flying standby as a family member. Her luggage didn't make it before the cruise(sailing out of Rome). They kept telling her it would be at the next port, the next port, the next port. Ten day cruise. Saw her on disembarkation and she never did get her luggage. She was good natured about it..bought clothes at each port and looked fabulous. She goofed and decided at the last minute so check her carry on, so all her meds, cosmetics, etc. we're also MIA. Don't know what she did about her medications. She definitely didn't let it ruin her cruise. Not sure I could handle it with as much grace, but it was inspiring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hope your luggage gets there in time....Do you have time to get to The Galleria Mall? There is a Macy's there and you should be able to get some things.

There's a Dillards at Galleria in addition to Macy's. Maybe you'll be lucky and there are some President's Day sales.

GOOD LUCK. I so hope you find a few things that will hold you over in case the luggage doesn't come but certainly hope they get it to the ship by the 2:30 they promise.

Years ago, I met a lady at the Onboard shops on the day of the first formal night. She told us she was looking for something to wear because her bag hadn't made it to the ship. She said she had lost almost 40lb and had bought herself a whole new wardrobe for the cruise to celebrate the weight loss.

I looked at her and even though we weren't the same build, I said I thought I had a dress that she could wear to the Formal dinner. It did fit her and she wore it that night. The good news - her bags did make it to our first port the next day.

Have a good feeling that your bags will show up. Have a wonderful cruise- I really enjoyed my Noordam cruise in December.

CJ

So much easier if you were a guy.

Most of us could replace our our entire wardrobe in about 20 minutes at Kohls:D (Not all, but most).

For the cruise couple of pairs of pants, 3 shirts, socks, underware, shoes, and maybe a sport coat. Done!:)

Lorene

This is diffently not the way to start a cruise.

I am praying that your luggage will make it to the ship.

Lorekauf, across the street from the Galleria there is a CVS, you may be able to find a cheap beach tote, that you can put your purchases in so you don't have to buy luggage...Good luck, let us know if you can how it turns out.

Or, if you go to the Galleria and shop, just get some of those sturdy carrier bags that the bigger department stores give out. Sure, it won't look great carrying them aboard -- but it beats buying luggage if you don't need it.

Years ago, I met a lady at the Onboard shops on the day of the first formal night. She told us she was looking for something to wear because her bag hadn't made it to the ship. She said she had lost almost 40lb and had bought herself a whole new wardrobe for the cruise to celebrate the weight loss.

I looked at her and even though we weren't the same build, I said I thought I had a dress that she could wear to the Formal dinner. It did fit her and she wore it that night. The good news - her bags did make it to our first port the next day.

Have a good feeling that your bags will show up. Have a wonderful cruise- I really enjoyed my Noordam cruise in December.

CJ

That was so thoughtful of you! It's so nice to hear about the good deeds that people are capable of.

We had the opposite problem as the OP. Our luggage made it to our destination when our flight was cancelled. It had been sent out on an earlier flight. I had no idea this was possible. But the bags flying with the person rule is only for international flights. So our bags were having a grand time at JFK while we were stuck at ORD for 12 hours waiting for a new flight. We finally got a flight into EWR. Our luggage eventually was delivered to our hotel the next afternoon. I was shopping when the hotel called to say the bags had arrived, so no shopping spree for me!

I did email the airline after returning home requesting our baggage fees be returned and they promptly issued a refund.

This happened to me when Southwest Airlines erroneously sent my luggage from Oakland to Burbank instead of Seattle. The Seattle Southwest airlines luggage people immediately located my bag in Burbank using my computer luggage tag, said it could not be returned to the airport by the time the ship left, and gave me a check for $600 to buy whatever I needed and also provided a taxicab to drive me to the store to buy stuff and then to the ship. The bag eventually got to Seattle, was held by HAL, and shipped to my home when I returned. Maybe the airline will do what Southwest did.

Stan

I am so sorry this has happened to you! Several years back Delta did not put our luggage on our flight to Rome. It was 4 days before we luckily got it. We bought clothes and kept the receipts for the insurance claim.

We were determined not to let this ruin our cruise!:) HAL was wonderful to us, and it was a memorable cruise.

You are in my thoughts and hope you get your bags!

Karen

This happened to me when Southwest Airlines erroneously sent my luggage from Oakland to Burbank instead of Seattle. The Seattle Southwest airlines luggage people immediately located my bag in Burbank using my computer luggage tag, said it could not be returned to the airport by the time the ship left, and gave me a check for $600 to buy whatever I needed and also provided a taxicab to drive me to the store to buy stuff and then to the ship. The bag eventually got to Seattle, was held by HAL, and shipped to my home when I returned. Maybe the airline will do what Southwest did.

Stan

I have never heard of such good treatment from a Canadian airline. How great of Southwest. :)

Lewis Grizzard used to tell a story about checking in for a flight at Atlanta Airport.

When it was his turn, the attendant asked where he was going, to which he replied, "I'm going to Chicago, but I want that bag to go to NY and the other one to go to Miami".

The attendant replied "We can't do that", to which Lewis replied -- "Well you did it last week!"

lewis grizzard used to tell a story about checking in for a flight at atlanta airport.

When it was his turn, the attendant asked where he was going, to which he replied, "i'm going to chicago, but i want that bag to go to ny and the other one to go to miami".

The attendant replied "we can't do that", to which lewis replied -- "well you did it last week!"

lol!! :d

It looks like the plane with her luggage aboard will land at 1:58pm from Houston - I think it will make it :) the flight is 12 minutes ahead of schedule, sail away at 4pm.... it must be all these good thoughts we are sending ;)

I think the first stop is St. Martin, perhaps if they don't make it to the ship in Ft. Lauderdale, they will catch up to her there?

It looks like the plane with her luggage aboard will land at 1:58pm from Houston - I think it will make it :) the flight is 12 minutes ahead of schedule, sail away at 4pm.... it must be all these good thoughts we are sending ;)...........

Looks like there should be no problem now. The airport is so close to the ship there is more than plenty of time to spare before sailaway.

Lorekauf should think about going to the airport and claiming it right off the carousel.

She would have time assuming traffic is not out of the ordinary.

She should check in first so there is no problem about her getting to the terminal too late to check in but as long as she is there 30 minutes before sailing, she'll be okay.

She might be late for life boat drill and will have to work out that problem but I'm sure she can.

Archived