Dave’s Live From Noordam Eastern Caribbean Feb. 18 – March 1, 2013

RetiredMustang

Your live from is wonderful as always as are your pictures:D What program/internet site are you using for your pics please? (don't worry about replying while you are cruising). Thanks again for a wonderful thread:)

Sunday, Feb. 24, Fort-de-France, Martinique

We made our approach to Fort-de-France slowly, picking up the pilot for the transit into port. The day was sunny, with only a few clouds on the mountains overlooking the capital of Martinique and the slopes to the west. Photo attached and at: http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/510/Approach_to_Fort-de-France_Martinique.JPG

We then made our way to the cruise pier in the harbor (photo attached and at: http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/510/Fort-de-France_harbor.JPG ), docking about 8 a.m. We soon were cleared for people to go ashore.

We had been in Martinique in 2010, and had taken the trip that went to St. Pierre, the town destroyed by the volcanic eruption in 1903, so this time looked for something else. There really wasn’t much on offer, but we decided to take the walking tour of the city. We knew it was Sunday and there would not be much open.

We met our tour guide and walked along the waterfront for a ways, where I took a photo of Noordam docked (photo attached and at: http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/520/Noordam_in_Martinique.JPG

We then walked into tour for a tour of a couple of hours. I will post this and continue the narrative in another post, since cruise critic only allows a maximum of 5 attachments, and I have 6, so I will split them up.

More to follow,

Dave

768606203_ApproachtoFort-de-FranceMartinique.jpg.e3a60822631922d63711c1914fe38337.jpg

1552980209_Fort-de-Franceharbor.jpg.f5e9984ddddab4a3f77597011e90f5e2.jpg

1209643840_NoordaminMartinique.jpg.4acbf810eb0d7ba2295b87800b531f0e.jpg

Sunday, Feb. 24, Fort-de-France, Martinique (Cont.)

On the walking tour, we went first to the cathederal between Sunday masses. Afterwards, we walked to La Savane park (photo attached and at: http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/510/La_Savane_Park_Fort-de-France.JPG ). The park had several kiosks and wide walking avenues, and our guide said it was very popular.

Along the boulevard facing the park were the Post Office and a hotel made to resemble a cruise ship with balconies, called L’Imperatrice (The Empress, named for the wife of Napolean, Josephine, who was born in Trois Islets, Martinique, across the bay from Fort-de-France). A photo is attached and higher-res available at: http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/510/Fort-de-France_Post_office_left_and_Hotel_L_Imperatice.JPG

We next visited the library (photo attached, and at: http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/510/Fort-de-France_library.JPG ). We then walked to the open-air vegetable market and then a few shopping streets (only a pharmacy, a baker and one or two restaurants were open). By that time, it was 31 degrees Celsius (88 F), so we returned to the ship for lunch.

More later,

Dave

645835705_LaSavaneParkFort-de-France.jpg.9a40d6ce5605c7ad6a4c65eaa5c5c267.jpg

623011860_Fort-de-FrancePostoffice(left)andHotelLImperatice.jpg.81e348488a6516d2e00767e78064d529.jpg

373209840_Fort-de-Francelibrary.jpg.a9d40847d3cf1b4b29858f6cf929e8ec.jpg

Your live from is wonderful as always as are your pictures:D What program/internet site are you using for your pics please? (don't worry about replying while you are cruising). Thanks again for a wonderful thread:)

Jacqui,

I'm glad you are enjoying the blog. I never have joined photobucket or other site, and just use the Cruise Critic Photo Gallery to upload photos. It's reachable by one of the links at the top of the forum, next to "User CP" "FAQ" and "Guidelines". It works for me. The maximum size is 250KB, which is about a 600x800 pixel photo, but that works for a blog.

Dave

Thanks Dave

Are you saying that there is a new Pinnacle Menu?

And there is no pre dinner music in the Ocean Bar at 5 PM?

Yonnie,

I don't think there have been very many, if any at all, since the menu you posted a while ago. It's just that I like to post the latest when I cruise, just in case there have been changes. There may have been some changes to the wine list. I've transcribed the lunch and dinner menus, and will post them when I finish with the desserts (I can affirm from personal experience that they still have the chocolate volcano cake). I'll try to add the wine list later as well.

So far as music in the Ocean bar, it has not been advertised much in the daily explorer, but on the St. Lucia day, there was a foursome playing some dance music (including the lead female singer who did a very creditable cersion of "Fever," which is a tough song to carry off unless you are very good.) We have been mostly in the Crows Nest before early dinner, avoiding the happy hour crush in the Ocean Bar; it's not as bad as you and we experienced on Maasdam, but we try to avoid it in the Ocean Bar. But, we have popped in now and then.

Dave

As promised above, here are the Pinnacle lunch and dinner menus as served currently on board Noordam. I'll try to add the wine list later.

More later,

Dave

Pinnacle lunch menu

Starters

- Grilled Prawn Bruschetta with a Primavera Sauce

- Mediterranean Antipasto Plate

- Scallops Crème Brulee

- Northwest Five Onion Soup

- Chilled Carrot and Ginger Soup

- Chiffonade of Greens and Tomato Tower Salad

Entrees

- Pacific Rim Beef Salad

- Aslaskan Halibut Fillet Sandwich

- Crab and Shrimp Cake

- The Pinnacle Burger

- Bistro Steak with Oregon Blue Cheese Crust

- Penne with Grilled Chicken Breast

- Vegetarian Couscous

Desserts

- Fresh Strawberries with Raspberry Sorbet

- Chocolate Brownie Decadence

- Orange and Lime Panna Cotta

- Ice Creams and Sorbets

- Fruit Plate

-----------------------------------------------------------

Pinnacle dinner menu

The Beginning

- Spicy Chicken Coconut Soup

- Lobster Bisque

- Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail

- Baby Arugula Salad

- Vine-Ripened Beefsteak Tomato Salad

- Caesar Salad

- Dungeness Crab Cakes

- Pinnacle Ocean Platter (carpaccio of lightly-smoked salmon, accompanied with hot smoked salmon, jumbo shrimp, sea scallops and wasabi cream)

The Intrigue

- Land and Sea (filet mignon and jumbo prawns)

- Lobster Macaroni and Cheese

- Grande Wild Mushroom Ravioli

The Grill

- Filet Mignon, New York Strip Steak, Bone-in Rib Eye Steak, Porterhouse, Rib Eye Steak

- Grilled Lamb Chops

- Veal Chop

- Chicken Breast

- Filet Steak Diane

- Wagyu Beef Burger

Seafood

- Broiled King Salmon

- Broiled Lobster Tail

- Cedar-Planked Halibut with Shrimp Scampi

Pinnacle Signature Skewers

- Beef Delight

- Tantalizing Lamb

Side Dishes

- Vegetables: creamed spinach, sautéed button mushrooms, sautéed onions, asparagus, basmati rice

- Potatoes: scallop, whipped, jumbo baked Idaho, shoestring

Desserts

- Not-so-Classic Baked Alaska

- Warm Grand Marinier Chocolate Volcano Cake

- Chocolate or Vanilla Velvet Souffle

- Creamy Homemade Raspberry Cheesecake

- Chocolate and Raisin Bread Pudding

- Pinnacle Crème Brulee

- Fresh Seasonal Fruits and Berries

- Premium Ice Cream or Sorbet

- Assortment of International Cheeses

Saturday, Feb. 23, Bridgetown, Barbados (Cont.)

Well, there may be something to this paranormal thing, because my prediction came true – I had a cutter and a Banks! Photo attached and at: http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/514/A_cutter_and_a_Banks.JPG

Shortly after we had docked, another ship joined us in the harbor – the HMS Edinburgh (D97). Photo attached and at: http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/510/HMS_Edinburgh_in_Barbados.JPG

I also walked around the piers to get a shot of Noordam, framed by Wind Spirit. Photo attached and at: http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/520/Noordam_near_Wind_Spirit.JPG

I then did some walkabout, and later enjoyed my sandwich and cold beer and then returned to the ship. DW returned from her snorkel trip and reported it to have been excellent. She was on the ship’s “Carlisle Bay Shipwreck Snorkel” and said they had seen three wrecks and tons of fish, and enjoyed mostly bright sunlight. So, that tour is a keeper. She also reported that she got one of the old blue towels at the gangway, did not have to leave our name/cabin number, and just dropped it in the bin when she returned – in short, Noordam is still using the old way with the towels.

A couple of other things I have not mentioned yet, but are still as we remember them: We were in Code Orange for the first 48 hours (successful so far), and they have served hors d’oeuvres in the Ocean Bar before dinner.

Tonight was the second formal night. We had reservations at the Pinnacle, and ate way too much of that wonderful food (also as usual). I will post the current menu sometime later in the cruise.

More tomorrow,

Dave

Dinner menu, Feb. 23

Appetizers: Sun-Ripened Pineapple Delight; Orange-Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail; Smoked Duck Carpaccio; Mussels a la Mariniere.

Soups and Salad: Ginger Chicken and Vegetable Soup; Country Style Lentil Soup; Gazpacho Andalusia; Boston Bibb Lettuce.

Entrees: Tagliatelle alla Conti; Pacific Rim Salad; Crispy Sweet-and-Sour Shrimp; Fillet of Beef Wellington; Sauteed Veal Medallions with Creamy Mushroom Sauce; Pomegranate-Glazed Cornish Game Hen; Savory Grilled Tofu.

Desserts: Sorry, I was not able to get the list of desserts for tonight.

From the Daily Program:

Vista Lounge: Simply Broadway featuring the Noordam Singers, 8:00 and 10:00 p.m.

Queen’s Lounge: Tonight’s Gameshow: Sea Quest, 9:00 p.m.; Ben & the HAL Cats 10:30 p.m. – midnight

Ocean Bar: Ben & the HAL Cats, 7:00-10:00 p.m.; Happy Hour 4:00-5:00 p.m.

Piano Bar: Entertainer Diane, 9:00 p.m - close

Explorer’s Lounge: Adagio, 6:00-10:00 p.m.

Crow’s Nest: Solo Guitarist David, 8:00-11:00 p.m.; Happy Hour 9:00-10:00 p.m.

Northern Lights; DJ Jazzy, British Invasion 10:00 p.m-midnight.

Tonight’s Movie Taken 2, Queen’s Lounge, 10:00 a.m., noon and 6:00 p.m.

English Afternoon Tea, MDR, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.

Thanks for such an informative review. We are doing this in Nov. 2013. Where did you get the flying fish sandwich. We had them many years ago while there but I forgot the name of the beach side restaurant. We definately want that again on our Nov. cruise. Linda

Thanks for such an informative review. We are doing this in Nov. 2013. Where did you get the flying fish sandwich. We had them many years ago while there but I forgot the name of the beach side restaurant. We definately want that again on our Nov. cruise. Linda

I had intended to walk into town and go to a place across the bridge from the center of town called, I think, Waterfront Café; it was upstairs with a wrap-around balcony, but I only got as far as about Pelican Village when I remembered that Coconuts, just outside the cruise terminal, also served cutters, and Banks. So I went back and had the meal, that I showed in the photo I posted, at Coconuts. I have not been there personally, but I have read that if you go a bit farther past the town center, you come to the Boathouse and to Lobster Alive, along the beach. Perhaps they also serve cutters. I would be willing to bet that they serve Banks.

Dave

Sunday, Feb. 24, Fort-de-France, Martinique (Cont.)

Well, we just got lazy for the afternoon after I did my earlier blogging. In fact, both of us decided to “watch for flying fish” for a while. After our naps, we dressed for dinner and went to the Ocean Bar and were there for happy hour. There was no dance music, but there were hors d’ouevres again.

We met up with Rick (CC name: RAJKR74 ) and his DW Joyce, who has a much better camera than me. She showed me some shots she had taken in Fort-de-France that were much better than mine; they were good enough to publish in magazines. They had joined a lot of the roll call who had decided to take a ferry over to the other side of the bay to a resort for most of the day. Joyce said they had a great time on the beach, and I hope the other CCers did as well. Earlier, we had met up with Lorene, who was very happy again, because her second bag showed up in Barbados!

We were supposed to do scenic cruising past Mt. Pelee en route to Rouseau, Domenica, which is very close to Martinique, after we set sail from Fort-de-France. We departed Fort-de-France shortly after 5 p.m., and proceeded at about 3 knots for a while, and then slowed down. We watched during dinner as the northern coast of Martinique crawled by. Afterwards, we went up on deck to see Mt. Pelee, but as you could probably guess, it was totally shrouded by clouds. The situation had not changed by shortly after sunset, but a bright moon combined with the lights from the shore created a special sight. A photo is attached, and the higher-res can be viewed at: http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/510/Moonlight_over_Martinique.JPG

After dinner, we attended a reception hosted by the Captain and the HotMan for senior (3-5 star) Mariners. It was held on the terrace just behind the Oak Room, aft of the Crows Nest on the starboard side on deck 10. We had a pleasant time chatting with fellow passengers, including RevNeal and loekauf. They served champagne and wines, as well as mixed drinks. And, they had the good nuts!

More tomorrow,

Dave

Dinner menu, Feb. 24

Appetizers: Citrus Compote with Honey and Raisins; Seared Ahi Tuna Carpaccio; Crostini with Fresh Tomato, Basil and Prosciutto; Warm Apple Smoked Salmon with Yogurt-Chive Dip.

Soups and Salad: Famous Italian Wedding Soup; Red Bell Pepper and Tomato Bisque; Chilled Apple Vichyssoise; Sunset Salad.

Entrees: Bucatini with Duck; California Turkey Salad; Grilled Pompano with Olives, Capers and Peppers; Grilled NY Strip Steak with Spicy Pear Salsa; Rum-Glazed Barbeque Pork Ribs; Penang Red Curry Coconut Chicken; Baked Stuffed Eggplant..

Desserts: Flourless Chocolate Cake; Raspberry Terrine; Opera Cake; Raspberry Mousse Torte no sugar added; Vanilla Ice Cream; Rocky Road Ice Cream; Lemon Sorbet; Chocolate Frozen Yogurt; no sugar added Butter Pecan Ice Cream; no sugar added Vanilla Ice Cream; Blackberry Sundae .

From the Daily Program:

Vista Lounge: Stand-up comedy from Tom Briscoe, 8:00 and 10:00 p.m.

Queen’s Lounge: Hollywood’s Biggest Night – The 85th Annual Awards Ceremony begins live, 9:30 p.m.

Ocean Bar: Lynn & the HAL Cats, 7:00-11:00 p.m.; Happy Hour 4:00-5:00 p.m.

Crow’s Nest: Ben & the HAL Cats, 8:00 p.m. – midnight; Happy Hour 9:00-10:00 p.m.

Northern Lights; DJ Jazzy, Number One Hits, 10:00 p.m-midnight.

Tonight’s Movie: Lincoln, Vista Lounge, 1:30 p.m.; Lido Poolside 7:30 & 10:30 p.m.

Afternoon Tea, MDR, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.

88354040_MoonlightoverMartinique.jpg.b40b918e0e05cd2a31fac8ef880a31f4.jpg

Yonnie,

I don't think there have been very many, if any at all, since the menu you posted a while ago. It's just that I like to post the latest when I cruise, just in case there have been changes. There may have been some changes to the wine list. I've transcribed the lunch and dinner menus, and will post them when I finish with the desserts (I can affirm from personal experience that they still have the chocolate volcano cake). I'll try to add the wine list later as well.

So far as music in the Ocean bar, it has not been advertised much in the daily explorer, but on the St. Lucia day, there was a foursome playing some dance music (including the lead female singer who did a very creditable cersion of "Fever," which is a tough song to carry off unless you are very good.) We have been mostly in the Crows Nest before early dinner, avoiding the happy hour crush in the Ocean Bar; it's not as bad as you and we experienced on Maasdam, but we try to avoid it in the Ocean Bar. But, we have popped in now and then.

Dave

Thanks Dave

That Ocean Bar on Maasdam was a nightmare for Happy Hour. I really don't like the 4 - 5 PM Happy Hour so we never even bothered with it on the Amsterdam.

Monday, Feb. 25, Roseau, Dominica

Well, another day in the Caribbean, another island of natural beauty. We arrived on time into Roseau as the sun was starting to break over the mountains (photo attached and at: http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/510/Roseau_Dominica.JPG . We have been to Dominica twice before, but not for several years. Once we took the Dominica’s Favorites shore excursion, driving through rain forest, and hiking a short hike to a waterfall and beautiful pool at the base. I remember being struck by all of the large wild impatiens plants along the roads. On the other visit, we snorkeled the Champagne reef, called that because bubbles of gas escape from the sea floor and rise to the surface, giving the impression of swimming in a glass of champagne (the impression in my memory was the one fin of the guy in front me made in my forehead, but it was still a very pretty snorkel).

This time, we decided to try our luck with the Whale & Dolphin Safari, and go and see if can find any excursion. This turned out to be an excellent tour. We walked to a dive boat a few blocks down the waterfront, and the captained sailed a few miles out due west from the harbor. He the stopped his engines and had his crew put a hydrophone in the water, and fed the sound into the announcing system. He had told us that this was an area where sperm whales congregate at this time of year for mating, and that they had spotted some yesterday. He said to listen for the clicking sounds the sperm whales make when they deep dive hunting for squid. We could indeed hear the clicking.

So, the captainfired up his engines and headed in the direction of the sounds. He then again stopped the engines and had the hydrophone lowered. The clicking sounds were much louder and more distinct. He said we now had to wait until they surfaced for 8-10 minutes before deep diving again. A short while later, he spotted one from the bridge, and moved the boat closer for us all to see. After that one dived, showing its tail, we quickly spotted a mother whale with her calf, who surfaced and blowed for a while before diving. Next was one the captain said was a juvenile male who came very close to the boat. In fact, he shallow-dived, and we could see him in the clear sunlit water as he went down by the side of the boat and seemed to look up, seeming to be check us out as we were watching him. He surfaced a few more times, and then he also deep-dived. We saw two more whales before the pod appeared to all have dived again to feed.

I learned that these are pretty impressive creatures … and just how hard it is to take their photo from a moving boat bounding in the sea while the whales are also moving! But, I did get a few keepers out of the dozens of snaps I took. I’ve attached two of them; larger size versions at: http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/510/sperm_whale_off_Dominica.JPG and http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/510/sperm_whale_departing.JPG .

We then turned north and went up the coast for a while, looking for dolphins. After about a fruitless half-hour, we turned and headed back to port. So, we did not see any dolphins on this trip, but that was more than made up for by encountering the whales close-up. The captain said he has about a 95% success rate at this time of year in spotting whales. I don’t know if that was real or just for tourist consumption, but he made our day.

More later,

Dave

1183052927_RoseauDominica.jpg.8b311545124dbfb66cfdd2a527a30397.jpg

117360429_spermwhaleoffDominica.jpg.31f36a1e42b3bf9637237da83245a041.jpg

1341033076_spermwhaledeparting.jpg.7b82b5fbb7edf8d2d38337eb6a5b246c.jpg

Monday, Feb. 25, Roseau, Dominica (Cont.)

All aboard was 2:30 p.m. and sailaway was at 3:00, so we did not go ashore again. Plus, for the first time I remember, the Filipino Crew Show was a matinee today, at 3 p.m. We have seen it on TV a a few times, but never have made it until the usual start time of about 11 or 11:30 p.m.

It was a very nice show, and the crew seemed to enjoy putting it on for us. We recognized the librarian and one of the Ocean Bar attendents, Michelle. There were some talented acts, but we were most impressed with the national dance where a young man and woman danced in and out of between two poles while others at each end of the poles rhythmically clanked them together. The dancers did a barefoot dance in and out and kept from getting their ankles bashed, even when the tempo sped up. We’ve seen it on TV before, but it is better in person. I don’t know if this was a one-time thing, or if the show may become a matinee on some cruises. That works better for us early risers, at least.

Tomorrow is St. Thomas, and we have no shore excursions planned. We look forward to a lazy, relaxing day. It may be less relaxing around Crown Bay if, as we think, we are sharing it with Allure of the Seas. But, last time we were here, we shared Crown Bay with Oasis of the Seas, and it did not seem so bad. We’ll see (and I’ll tell … tomorrow).

More then,

Dave

Dinner menu, Feb. 25

Appetizers: Caramelized Orange and Grapefruit Salad; Dialogue of Salmon Tartare with Avocado; Golden Tomato and Mozzarella; Crispy Crab Roll.

Soups and Salad: Red Bean and Chorizo Soup; Cheddar and Crab Chowder; Chilled Coconut Nutmeg Soup; Bay Oak and Frisee.

Entrees: Angel Hair Pasta with Sauteed Vegetables; Grilled Duck Salad and Dried Sour Cherries; Seared Cajun Tuna Steak; Prime Rib of Beef au jus; Calf’s Liver with Apples and Pancetta; Papaya-Stuffed Chicken; “Mousaka Nistisimos”.

Desserts: Chocolate Avalanche Cake; Coconut Rice Pudding; Wildberry Charlotte; Cheesecake no sugar added; Vanilla Ice Cream; Chocolate Chip Ice Cream; Strawberry Sorbet; Cookies ‘N’ Cream Frozen Yogurt; no sugar added Mint Chip Ice Cream; no sugar added Vanilla Ice Cream; Bananas Foster Sundae .

From the Daily Program:

Vista Lounge: Filipino Crew Show, 3 p.m.; A Dynamic Musical Journey with Paul Pappas, 8:00 and 10:00 p.m.

Queen’s Lounge: Game Show Mania, 9:00 p.m.; Ben & the HAL Cats, 10:30 p.m. - midnight

Ocean Bar: Ben & the HAL Cats, 7:00-10:00 p.m.; Happy Hour 4:00-5:00 p.m.

Crow’s Nest: Solo guitarist David, 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.; Happy Hour 9:00-10:00 p.m.

Northern Lights; DJ Jazzy, Club 70s – 90s Hits, 10:00 p.m. – 11 p.m.

Tonight’s Movie: Perks of Being a Wallflower, Queen’s Lounge, 12:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 5:00 p.m.

Cupcake Tea, MDR, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.

Wonderful, interesting report and review. Enjoyable reading.

We were on this Noordam cruise in 2011, so have great interest in your port activities.

When you went to St Pierre in 2010, did you also go to the Balata Gardens?

The gardens were part of our St. Pierre tour in 2011- and quite beautiful.

Also, what do you think of Martinique as a port stop? Would you want to stop there again?

Tuesday, Feb. 26, Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Well, it appears I was wrong on a few counts. It seems Oasis of the Seas did indeed pull into Crown Bay. But, we didn’t. Instead, we pulled behind Disney Fantasy at Havensight. Later in the morning, Carnival Dream pulled in behind us. The other ship at Crown Bay was Celebrity Eclipse. A fellow passenger said he had heard there would be six ships in St. Thomas today, but I did not see the other one arrive; it may be anchored out and tendering.

We went ashore about 9 a.m. and decided that, since we were at Havensight, we would take the skyway to Paradise Point. The ride was a few minutes’ walk away, at the end of the Havensight shopping area. After we bought our tickets, we walked many steps up to board the gondolas.

At the top, we went to the terrace bar. This also involved many steps, so I’m not sure it would be a good trip for mobility-challenged people. The nature trail was closed for repairs, and we noticed that there was some construction work going on to the main building. The shops were open, as was the terrace bar/restaurant and downstairs restaurant.

I took several shots from the top, including ones of Oasis of the Seas at Crown Bay; at least I am assuming it was Oasis and not Allure, as a passenger from the Celebrity Eclipse said Oasis had sailed with them and been on a similar path. The photos are attached, with higher-res ones at the links:

Noordam and Disney Fantasy: http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/520/Noordam_and_Disney_Fantasy_at_Havensight.JPG

A shot with all four ships: http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/520/Noordam_with_company_in_St_Thomas.JPG

Oasis entering port: http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/523/Oasis_of_the_Seas_entering_Crown_Bay.JPG

Oasis dock next to Eclipse at Crown Bay: http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/523/Oasis_of_the_Seas_and_Celebrity_Eclipse_in_Crown_Bay.JPG

More later,

Dave

645502444_NoordamandDisneyFantasyatHavensight.jpg.b8ec0f473d1ced6f83bcb8ddeec4de95.jpg

1468680575_NoordamwithcompanyinSt.Thomas.jpg.33c8b0761287d4e084f7d855536ff000.jpg

345895159_OasisoftheSeasenteringCrownBay.jpg.ee086372fe8980ef2ed5c81585b50d56.jpg

262362767_OasisoftheSeasandCelebrityEclipseinCrownBay.jpg.13765e055f8f1b0e1e951a56a5955b70.jpg

Wonderful, interesting report and review. Enjoyable reading.

We were on this Noordam cruise in 2011, so have great interest in your port activities.

When you went to St Pierre in 2010, did you also go to the Balata Gardens?

The gardens were part of our St. Pierre tour in 2011- and quite beautiful.

Also, what do you think of Martinique as a port stop? Would you want to stop there again?

Yes, we did go to the gardens as part of the church and St. Pierre tour in 2010. And, while Martinique may not be our favorite stop in the Caribbean, it's OK. They offered a snorkel trip we might try if we come back, and our fellow passengers said they had a good time at the beach across the bay.

Dave

Archived