Cruise Critic Community
NantahalaCruiser

RCL Gothenburg Shuttle Price?

Has anyone recently used RCL's shuttle at Gothenburg, Sweden from the outer harbor (Arendal) to downtown? Do you remember the charge for a round-trip shuttle?

Thanks

Larry

If memory serves (and my memory isn't great !)

I think it was about 15 dollars per person.

That was last year so I'm expecting an increase.

Pete

If memory serves (and my memory isn't great !)

I think it was about 15 dollars per person.

That was last year so I'm expecting an increase.

Pete

Pete

Thanks for the info

Larry

We paid $9.00pp one way (18.00 rt) from the port to Gustav Adolfs Torg (Square)...You are best to use this shuttle option as it is quite a drive to get into town...This is an extremely remote industrial area that the ship docks in..There is a free shuuttle from pier to the port gate to try and catch a city bus but "not" recommended...Sorry to say but this was our least favorite port and would have much preferred Oslo to Gothenburg..You arrive there very early in the morning and nothing is open..pretty deserted..we were back on the shuttle bus heading back to the ship before noon...You might want to consider a morning excursion (heard the Volvo tour was ok) then walk the city in early afternoon..Good luck.

We paid $9.00pp one way (18.00 rt) from the port to Gustav Adolfs Torg (Square)...You are best to use this shuttle option as it is quite a drive to get into town...This is an extremely remote industrial area that the ship docks in..There is a free shuuttle from pier to the port gate to try and catch a city bus but "not" recommended...Sorry to say but this was our least favorite port and would have much preferred Oslo to Gothenburg..You arrive there very early in the morning and nothing is open..pretty deserted..we were back on the shuttle bus heading back to the ship before noon...You might want to consider a morning excursion (heard the Volvo tour was ok) then walk the city in early afternoon..Good luck.

Thanks - we are in Gothenburg from 11 to 6 (luckily, our cruise added an extra day and we will be in Oslo all day the following day!) Yeah, I knew it was 20 or 30 minutes drive from downtown and the taxi alternative is very expensive. Appreciate the pricing information; wanted to be able to compare the price to just get into town with prices for other shore excursions.

Larry

Reaching out to NantahalaCruiser

need update on your Stonehenge trip -- please contact me

atravels2@yahoo.com use cruise critic in subject line -

thanks