Best part of St. Thomas?

will773

What is your favorite thing to do in St. Thomas?

It ain't the people. Lived there for 18 months and refused service in 2 restaurants because I was white. YES I said because I was white. They tolerate you on a cruise ship cuz they know your leaving soon and will spend money on their services. But if you live there they consider you another "non-islander" stealing the good paying jobs.

Asthetically the island is a backdrop right out of Pirates of the Caribbean but the people and their lack of customer service ruin it. The crime rate is atrocious and lord help you if rent a car and get in an accident with a local, you will get cited even if you are not at fault. Islanders take care of islanders. But don't believe me its ok, go, check it out, I am not talking the touristy areas where the Hard Rock Cafe is I am talking more inland on the island (it only takes 2 hours to circumvent by car its not that big). If you go save your money go for a swim maybe get a beer or mixed drink then get back to the boat.

wow - where did that come from? That is the craziest post I have ever seen! :p

No one we know living there ever experienced anything like what you are describing, and we stay on STT and can't understand where this came from. And why would you post this on a cruise site???:rolleyes:

Gosh! The Hard Rock closed many years ago, and you are still sore???

will: It all depends what you like. Here are a few ideas- relaxing at Smith Bay/Lindquist Bay... toasting the cruise ships leaving from Frenchman's Reef...people watching while walking Magens Bay...sunset from Paradise Point..."shot shopping" in town... ;)

Archived