Silhouette questions

K.T.B.

My wife and I are already looking into booking a cruise for 2014. We had a GREAT time on our first Celebrity, so it's time for a second one! :p

Anyway, I currently have a hold on a cabin. It's on the back of the ship, it's cabin #1674. I have never been able to get a cabin in that location on any cruise, so I have a few questions.

1) How is the location? Good? Bad? Somewhere in between?

2) Is the balcony well shaded and private?

3) How much movement do you feel when you at the back of the ship?

4) Finally, is it quiet?

I may have other questions later, but those are the more "pressing" ones. :)

Kevin, at the beginning of this forum there is a sticky thread providing info about S class staterooms. Just search your room # and you will find a review. I searched and found the review for the room you referenced. Good luck and hope you enjoy your next cruise.

Linda

My wife and I are already looking into booking a cruise for 2014. We had a GREAT time on our first Celebrity, so it's time for a second one! :p

Anyway, I currently have a hold on a cabin. It's on the back of the ship, it's cabin #1674. I have never been able to get a cabin in that location on any cruise, so I have a few questions.

4) Finally, is it quiet?

1) if you like looking where the ship has been, it's a good location...with certainly a wide vista. Most would say it's good.

2) no balcony is truly private and I believe the stern balconies are tiered so the balcony above can see at least part of the balcony below by looking down.

3) You will feel more movement in the front and back of any ship than you would feel if you had a cabin midship. Being in the rear, you may feel more of the thrusters with some vibration when the ship docks (sometimes in the middle of the night) depending on the wind/wind direction and depth of the water where the thrusters are being used. I haven't been on that specific ship.

4) It is as quiet as your neighbors are quiet. You won't be bothered by the ship's noise, but if your neighbors put their CD player on their balcony or invite all their friends to party on their balcony until late at night or put the TV on full volume and leave the door to the balcony open, it will be noisy (all have happened to us). There is nothing you can do about that...it's always luck of the draw...and more and more folks are "I don't care about anyone but me" folks so don't be surprised by noise out of your control.

4) Finally, is it quiet?

Many thanks to Librarylady for putting the document together--even a review of the exact cabin your askign about:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE&type=view&gid=0&f=true&colid0=2&filterstr0=Silhouette&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

I was in 1676 on the Solstice which I'm going to assume is similar.

The location was fine...many posters had me concerned about the distance to elevators/stairs, and we didn't mind it at all. It wasn't close but it didn't seem that far at all. The balcony was partially covered if I remember correctly. I do remember getting a LOT of sun depending on the ships position in relation to the sun. It was so bright and warm while we were getting ready for dinner, I had to close the blinds. The balcony is pretty private unless you are standing at the railings...then people above can see you. You, however, can see everyone below you. We were on a Mediterranean cruise and didn't feel any movement at all. That being said, we were on another ship when it was rocky and we couldn't even tell. Guess we have good sea legs. It was a pretty quiet location...never heard our neighbors or anyone in the hall since the only people walking by we're going or coming to their cabin.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for the link! I find it interesting/odd that 1674 apparently encounters soot issues, but the cabins/balconies on either side of it do not. icon_mistrust.gif And if ONE aft balcony encounters that problem, then there are many others, but I've seen/read nothing about that. Soot won't just "magically" go to one balcony. ;)

We'll see what happens.

I was in 1676 on the Solstice which I'm going to assume is similar.

The location was fine...many posters had me concerned about the distance to elevators/stairs, and we didn't mind it at all. It wasn't close but it didn't seem that far at all. The balcony was partially covered if I remember correctly. I do remember getting a LOT of sun depending on the ships position in relation to the sun. It was so bright and warm while we were getting ready for dinner, I had to close the blinds. The balcony is pretty private unless you are standing at the railings...then people above can see you. You, however, can see everyone below you. We were on a Mediterranean cruise and didn't feel any movement at all. That being said, we were on another ship when it was rocky and we couldn't even tell. Guess we have good sea legs. It was a pretty quiet location...never heard our neighbors or anyone in the hall since the only people walking by we're going or coming to their cabin.

Hope that helps!

Distance to the elevators and stairs are not a problem for me or my wife. I knew in booking an aft cabin we'd have the furthest to walk when compared to any other cabins. :)

As for the shade, on Summit we were Aqua Class and I booked a cabin on the 11th deck (1104). Great location, very quiet despite being right by the elevators and a door to the outside. However, there is no shade whatsoever. The sun beats down on the balcony all day long. So if you love being in the sun, it's great; if not, it's not-so-great. Lesson learned there!

Thanks for the link.

I'm pretty able bodied as well and being close to elevators wasn't an issue. However being close to stairs was great particularly near MDR in order to avoid long waits for elevators which don't happen often but when they did they were as enjoyable as watching paint dry.

Archived