Spring 2013 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns and more

KandCsailing

Hi all, nice to see this thread up and going. Thanks for posting the list of dancers , I have not been following it at all. I recognize a few of the names but not all. I will try to watch it on time this year and not two days later. But am on the west coast so we are always behind anyway. Look forward to the good comments re the show.

Cori

I've already seen them sexing up the 16 year old, in the commercials. Sorry, but the producers should be ashamed. A girl that age should never be on that show, especially since they really like to sex things up for higher ratings.

After undergoing cancer treatment, Brooke looks fantastic. And I even liked her dress and hair tonight. Good to see her healthy.

Kellie Pickler has an amazing figure and she could be a finalist. Love me some Ingo, and he danced very well.

Lisa's partner is a cutie, but I'm afraid we won't see him long as Lisa is a bad dancer and seems way too attached to her dog. How stupid to have a guy carry her dog to the chat area----and her saying the silly dog deserves a 10? Btw, who the heck is she?

DL was not very good, IMHO. Very stiff and robotic. He was funny about his people wanting judges to give them low numbers, referring to court judges.

Zendaya could be a dark horse. She was delightful. But Bachelor Boy should stick with Bachelor shows. But we all know that people like him are only interested in being famous.

Ali was OK and she'll make it for a while. But for a younger gymnast, she looks quite busty, unless her outfit pushed everything up.

Loved the color of Dorothy's dress, but I was surprised by her dancing. Expected more, but maybe age is the reason. But she scored ok.

Wynonna's dress was nice for a plus size woman. I could see it on a cruise. But that hair color is far too distracting and fake looking. But her dancing..............too bad because I love Tony.

Loved Sharna's dress. If not quite so low cut, I could see it on a cruise. Andy wasn't as bad as I expected. Not great, but it does look like he wants to take it more serious than I thought he would.

With only a week of practice, Jacoby was pretty good but I'm not so sure about the attitude. There goes another football player. You know Baltimore will stuff the ballot box.

Sorry for all his fans, but Bruno is wearing very thin. His shtick is old and boring.

Not bad for a first night.

Ingo Rademacher has me wondering why I stopped watching General Hospital 28 years ago. I think it's pretty rotten to include Contemporary dance on the first week, but the stars that got it did a good job.

I read that next week they are doing Jive, Quickstep or Jazz.

I really liked Andy Dick's dance and I'll be really pleased if he takes it seriously unlike most the comedians. I thought all the judges were to hard on him.

Brooke looked good. I wasn't in love with her dress, but I'll look again. Was it metallic? Couldn't see her scar at all, it either healed really well or they covered it with makeup.

Kellie Pickler and Zendaya were my two faves, once I saw them dance. I love the dog, but he seems out of place, even in his adorable tuxedo, on DWTS.

Before the show, Dorothy was the one I most wanted to win. She seemed more restrained or self conscious than I expected for a seasoned performer.

I wish the best for Wynonna, because she is a good role model for women who don't wear a size two-- or less.

Brooke looks terrific and her gown was more to my liking than what she has worn in the past.

Say, ladies, on the Today Show's fashion segment, they said full length dresses and gowns are coming back, even for cocktail parties. I guess last summer's maxi dresses are here to stay for awhile.

Hi all!

Well I thought the season got off to a great start! :D

Brooke does look good & I didn't notice any scar either.

I like the new "pros" especially the the male hunk! Tristan didn't look as cute as I remembered him.:(

BTW Lisa is from the "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" for those of you who don't watch it. She has another show too which is just starting "Vanderpump Rules".

Looking forward to tonight's show.

~ Jo ~ :)

Kelly Pickler was the best imo, outfit wise and dance.

The young Disney girl was pretty good too.

Some cringe worthy performances and that woman with the dog is ridiculous, just goes to show money can't buy you everything. She owns something like 25 restaurants with her husband but not sure why she had to act like this?

I say this as a big fan of gymnastics and of Aly -- that was NOT a flattering costume choice for her! Dorothy, on the other hand, looked quite elegant. I missed the first half as I was watching Bones until 9.

I missed the 2nd 1/2 half because I watch DALLAS:D

I watched it all because I have a DVR for all my other TV addiction:D:D

Nice! I really only watch about 3 or 4 shows, so I hate it when two of them are on at the same time. But I already cringe at spending $95/month on internet and cable -- I don't think I could handle paying for DVR too.

Nice! I really only watch about 3 or 4 shows, so I hate it when two of them are on at the same time. But I already cringe at spending $95/month on internet and cable -- I don't think I could handle paying for DVR too.

You are right, the cost is horrendous, circa $160 for HD cable with DVR, phone and internet bundle. There is no competition from Brighthouse apart from Dish network where I live.

Now that amount is a couple of nice dresses a month (keeping it on topic):D!

You are right, the cost is horrendous, circa $160 for HD cable with DVR, phone and internet bundle. There is no competition from Brighthouse apart from Dish network where I live.

Now that amount is a couple of nice dresses a month (keeping it on topic):D!

I don't have a DVD player....all (most shows) can be seen

"On DEMAND" which is part of my cable. But some shows I like

to see at their "set times".;)

I don't have a DVD player....all (most shows) can be seen

"On DEMAND" which is part of my cable. But some shows I like

to see at their "set times".;)

Yes, the on demand is a good facility. I rarely get home and get everything done before 9pm so DVR is a must so I have something to watch on Saturday night when TV is cack:D.

I will probably DVR DWTS as it is not something I want to watch all the way through, just catch a bit of it and the dresses. Much prefer Dallas and The Following:eek:

I'm a big DVR fan--we tape almost everything! We didn't watch DWTS until tonight.

I loved Brooke's dress tonight--one of my favorites for her. Kellie was quite good and the young girl was very good--but I worry too that things will get inappropriate for such a young girl. A couple of the guys were decent--the soap opera star & the boxer, mainly. And the new man pro is quite a hunk!

There are several so bad that they can't last long.

I absolutely hated seeing that poor dog dressed up all the time. He looks unhappy or even like he's drugged--poor thing, he is just being used as an accessory to his 'whoever she is'. I hope he gets to run around and be a dog some of the time.

Did Jacoby seem almost ready to faint, or off balance after his dance, or was he just acting stupid? So far, his attitude does not impress.

I too record the show and watch it the next night - I can't stay up that late and sometimes you just have to fast-forward, ya know?

I think Val (Maks' brother) is the pro dancer matched up with Zendaya, the 16-year old - have you noticed how hesitant he is with her, treating her with "kid gloves" as it were? Afraid to do or say anything inappropriate due to her age? I find that a little sad, lol - since ballroom dancing is supposed to have some sexiness to it.

I thought the scoring was a little odd. Kelly Pickler was just as good as Zendaya. And Jacoby was being quite a drama queen but he did only have 1 week of practice so it'll be interesting to see how he progresses.

On topic: Brooke looked wonderful and her scar was hidden very well. I didn't watch Tuesday night's show.

I didn't watch Tuesday night's show.

Tuesday's one hour show was mostly just a replaying of the dances with some of the back story and practices and they only flashed the judges scores in one shot per dance. Tom still had an audience behind him, so he must have taped all his parts before Monday's show.

HI everyone, interesting comments, I only got to see Tuesdays show , so I am sure I missed alot. But from what I saw , I thought Kelly Pickler looked good, and the young girl also , but I hope they keep her dances age appropriate, I think she is young for the type of danceing that goes on in the show. The gymmists outfit was something alright, bit low cut !! Looked like she was ready to pop out , Yikes.....It could be an interesting season after all, and I am glad to hear that you all thought that Brooke was looking good and healthy , I did not get to see her.

Cori

I think Val (Maks' brother) is the pro dancer matched up with Zendaya, the 16-year old - have you noticed how hesitant he is with her, treating her with "kid gloves" as it were? Afraid to do or say anything inappropriate due to her age? I find that a little sad, lol - since ballroom dancing is supposed to have some sexiness to it.

They were interviewed today on ET. He seemed rather uncomfortable and said they were staying away from sexy but the dances could still be sensual. It must be somewhat difficult for him - he wouldn't want to come across as a "dirty old man" when the dances are often quite intimate.

Brooke's dress is really pretty. It takes a great figure to handle it!

I liked it, until I saw that it had no sides. Nice colour anyway.

I thought Dorothy Hamill's dress was lovely. I'd wear it on a cruise or to a wedding. Tristan looked pretty good last night, Jo.

Kellie Pickler was amazing last night. She even made me like Derek. :D Boy did he get lucky again with a partner.

Also really enjoyed Andy Dick's performance again. He has totally surprised me.

I remembered to vote through Facebook last night.

I liked Brooke's dress again! I'd like it better without the cut-outs around the waist, but she can wear it well. It would work for a cruise, sans holes.

Kelli and the young girl did very well for so early, as well as a couple of the guys. As usual there are a few who need to go home soon--very soon!

I liked it, until I saw that it had no sides. Nice colour anyway.

I thought Dorothy Hamill's dress was lovely. I'd wear it on a cruise or to a wedding. Tristan looked pretty good last night, Jo.

Kellie Pickler was amazing last night. She even made me like Derek. :D Boy did he get lucky again with a partner.

Also really enjoyed Andy Dick's performance again. He has totally surprised me.

I remembered to vote through Facebook last night.

I loved their dance and thought Kellie Pickler had amazing extentions & is obviously a very talented dancer, but I would like to see what Derek could do with a Wynonna or a Kirstie Alley or a Cloris Leachman?

Andy Dick has been very surprising, I would like to see him continue just to see how/if he improves. I did think DL Hughley was did better than his scores showed last night, liked his quick step better than Wynonna's! At least it was "quicker":D

Sherri:)

Archived