Xumal & Autoprogreso Tour

Cruisenkitty

We were thinking about doing on this tour via autoprogreso. I was wondering if the bus stops for food/water and bathroom breaks??? If not, what does everyone do in the way of food. Is there a snack bar at xumal? Do we bring a little something from the ship? I have hypoglycemia and going without food/snack that long might not be such a good thing, Thks!

I was getting ready to ask if anyone had been to Uxmal and then saw this post. We have done several other tours through Autoprogreso and there was no problem bringing snacks and drinks on the bus. They were shorter rides so there was no need to stop. We are doing this tour during our June 2013 cruise.

We used AP to Uxmal last year, great way to go. The bus ride is a straight through shot, no stops, either way. The bathrooms at Uxmal are clean and modern, so use them when you get there and before you leave. As far as bringing snacks and drink, we bought soda in Progreso and also some snacks at a little store just on the other side of the flea market, you have a sometime before the bus leaves if you get off the ship early and there was no problem with them on the bus. There is a small restaurant at Uxmal and there is a place to buy snacks and drink there as well. (Quick note there is shade at Uxmal, but it can get very hot - as they say they have two seasons, hot and hotter).

Have a great trip, Uxmal is well worth it.

Archived