Wicked for Quantum of the Seas???

I'm sure the RCCL deployment team wouldn't be to happy about this ???

Quantum of the Seas will sail out of Bayonne, New Jersey in the Summer of 2015 and offer 5-night Bermuda cruises on May 2,16,30; June 13,27; July 11, 25; August 8, 22, 2015. Quantum will also offer 9-night Bermuda and Caribbean itineraries on May 7, 21; June 4, 18; July 2, 16, 30; August 13, 27; 2015.

Refer to the EXOS Summer 2013 & 2014 Bermuda/Caribbean Schedule Itin.

FIRELT5, where are you seeing this?

FIRELT5, where are you seeing this?

From tracking the St. Maarteen cruise port schedule which has been 100 % accurate with the

EXOS Bermuda/Carribean Itin for the past 7 summer season. Check out the EXOS Monday ports of call in St. Maarteen during the months of May through August for 2013 & 2014.

The 1215 arrival in St. Maarteen on Mondays is due to the fact the EXOS & QOS is traveling from Bermuda which is around 993 miles from St. Maarteen. The EXOS Departs Bermuda on Saturdays at 1600. This is the 9 Day Bermuda/Carribean Itin followed by the 5 Day Bermuda run.

http://201.220.14.27/sxmonline/VesselScheduleCruise.aspx

From tracking the St. Maarteen cruise port schedule which has been 100 % accurate with the

EXOS Bermuda/Carribean Itin for the past 7 summer season. Check out the EXOS Monday ports of call in St. Maarteen during the months of May through August for 2013 & 2014.

The 1215 arrival in St. Maarteen on Mondays is due to the fact the EXOS & QOS is traveling from Bermuda which is around 993 miles from St. Maarteen. The EXOS Departs Bermuda on Saturdays at 1600. This is the 9 Day Bermuda/Carribean Itin followed by the 5 Day Bermuda run.

http://201.220.14.27/sxmonline/VesselScheduleCruise.aspx

Thank you! That's what I love about this forum. Smart folks like YOU! :) Can't wait for the official announcement, so we can come back to this thread and quote all the folks that said it couldn't happen. :D

No additional research required. Sorry to break the news to you, but NY/NJ is not the center of the universe. There's no interest in Flowriding out of NY/NJ from October through April and September and May are marginal. Enjoy the Explorer.

That would be Texas that is the Center of the Universe, or at least that is what Galveston crowd says :eek: Sorry just had to post that. The people on Galveston boards are always convinced that Royal is going to stay there year round and give it the newest ships.

I have no idea where this will be located, except that it will probably be where Royal thinks they can make the most money.

If the prices for 2014 that I have seen so far keep holding steady, it looks like Europe is a much better candidate.

I think it's funny how everyone loves trying to make it sound like NYC is some big market. Yet Florida has been the highest grossing state and ports for RCL for a while now. Many say that's simply based on the fact oasis and allure are based here. Well anyways you want to cut it business is in Florida. The ship if being driven by profits then would be ported somewhere in Florida.

I think it's funny how everyone loves trying to make it sound like NYC is some big market. Yet Florida has been the highest grossing state and ports for RCL for a while now. Many say that's simply based on the fact oasis and allure are based here. Well anyways you want to cut it business is in Florida. The ship if being driven by profits then would be ported somewhere in Florida.

If its just the number of ships you are looking for, maybe they will send Explorer to Florida to bump up the numbers and replace it in Bayonne with Quantum?

Yes, Florida is the biggest state from a port perspective, but I truly believe the cruise lines are realizing there are a lot of people that don't want to fly to Florida to get on a ship. With the population around the NY/tri-state area and the fact that Explorer sells out regularly at a premium price just shows them that. Put a newer, bigger ship here and build on that base, good marketing to me. Also, why would Norwegian be putting their newest ship here if that wasn't the case?

If its just the number of ships you are looking for, maybe they will send Explorer to Florida to bump up the numbers and replace it in Bayonne with Quantum?

Yes, Florida is the biggest state from a port perspective, but I truly believe the cruise lines are realizing there are a lot of people that don't want to fly to Florida to get on a ship. With the population around the NY/tri-state area and the fact that Explorer sells out regularly at a premium price just shows them that. Put a newer, bigger ship here and build on that base, good marketing to me. Also, why would Norwegian be putting their newest ship here if that wasn't the case?

I have to agree. We've been traveling to all of our ports (San Juan, Miami) and the airfare is just getting ridiculous, on top of that are baggage fees, overweight baggage fees, pay extra for a seat, etc. Combine all those "extra" fees on top of the flight cost, transfers, pre-cruise hotel, pre-cruise meals, etc. and I would be paying MORE to travel to Florida and board a Florida-port ship than I would in Bayonne or New York.

Count us (and I know others) who are giving up on the cruises out of Florida and booking them out of Bayonne and New York.

I have to agree. We've been traveling to all of our ports (San Juan, Miami) and the airfare is just getting ridiculous, on top of that are baggage fees, overweight baggage fees, pay extra for a seat, etc. Combine all those "extra" fees on top of the flight cost, transfers, pre-cruise hotel, pre-cruise meals, etc. and I would be paying MORE to travel to Florida and board a Florida-port ship than I would in Bayonne or New York.

Count us (and I know others) who are giving up on the cruises out of Florida and booking them out of Bayonne and New York.

I don't much like the expense of flying to Florida, but the fact is that it's a long sail to the caribbean from NY/NJ or Baltimore. I'm sorry but there's no getting around going to Florida for a 7-day cruise for warm weather in the Fall, Winter and Spring.

That would be Texas that is the Center of the Universe, or at least that is what Galveston crowd says :eek: Sorry just had to post that. The people on Galveston boards are always convinced that Royal is going to stay there year round and give it the newest ships.

I have no idea where this will be located, except that it will probably be where Royal thinks they can make the most money.

If the prices for 2014 that I have seen so far keep holding steady, it looks like Europe is a much better candidate.

Agreed RCCL will position the ship were they can make the most profit and it's not clear to me that is the US. A ship new ship in Asia would not surprose me.

But you are not the whole world. You are just NJ. Sure it may be easier for YOU to leave from there but it's not cheaper for everyone. I could say the exact same. It's cheaper for me to sail out of Florida then it is to sail from NY. Anyone who lives near a port can make that argument. Facts are facts. Florida is Rccl highest grossing profit ports. There is a reason Florida has a handful or ports and even more ships. Because the market is in Florida. There is 1 Rccl ship in ny. There are usually 5-7 sailing year round out of Florida. Why is that? Because the money is here. Not in NY

But you are not the whole world. You are just NJ. Sure it may be easier for YOU to leave from there but it's not cheaper for everyone. I could say the exact same. It's cheaper for me to sail out of Florida then it is to sail from NY. Anyone who lives near a port can make that argument. Facts are facts. Florida is Rccl highest grossing profit ports. There is a reason Florida has a handful or ports and even more ships. Because the market is in Florida. There is 1 Rccl ship in ny. There are usually 5-7 sailing year round out of Florida. Why is that? Because the money is here. Not in NY

Florida is the cruising capital of the world I get it...blah blah blah. That doesn't mean Quantum of the Seas wouldn't command a higher fare and sail full all the time if she homeports in NJ. There are over 20 million people within a days driving distance to the pier. Can you say that about Florida ?

Hands down, with out a doubt, Florida is the capital of the American cruise market. I don't think anyone is disputing this. Miami used to be THE port. Now I believe Fort Lauderdale surpassed them as being the main Florida port. South Florida is where the modern cruise industry was born.

Cruising year round from NYC was very popular in the 60s - 70s but diminished to seasonal cruises in the 1980s and 1990s. In 2000 there was a resurgence to the NYC cruise market and since then some cruise lines have restated the year round cruising. Do we have as many ships as Florida? No, we don't as we do not live near the Bahamas and the Caribbean. But there is demand here so much so that year-round cruising from NYC has been back for at least 12 years now and it doesn't look like it is going away. According to an article from this site http://www.mikebloomberg.com/index.cfm?objectid=648A78A5-C29C-7CA2-F7AB571179CA6659

it states NYC is among the nation's top 5 cruise port (7th paragraph). For a city that is so far removed from the tropics I think that is a respectable number. Also, as I stated prior NYC metro area has 20 million people (on top of this you have other large cities nearby within driving distance that adds to this number - makes it more like 30 million people) in comparisons to South Florida's 6 million. There is a lot of potential in the NYC market and I believe the cruise lines know this. I know that NYC will never surpass South Florida. Look at where RCI placed their two gems (Oasis and Allure) in south Florida. But NYC has become a good contender in the cruise industry in the last decade.

Who knows the Quantum maybe coming to south Florida after all but it's fun to speculate. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Facts are facts...Royal knows where the money is at......Can you sing New York, New York?:p:D

Archived