I Like Warm Beaches and Drinks with Umbrellas...So What's with the Icebergs?

SailorJack

Glad you found it amusing. Not a stand-up comedian, but that is on my bucked list. It is something I always wanted to try at least once

Easy to do. Approach a local bar/club, the kind of place that has live music acts (not the other kind of live acts, LOL). Ask them what their slowest night of the week is, when they typically don't have shows. Tell them you'd like to run a comedy night, and that this will bring in some extra business. Next, get in touch with Toastmasters in your area -- they always have humorous (and wannabe humorous) speakers looking for stage time. Put together a lineup of acts, then promote the heck out of it on Twitter, Facebook, etc. We just did this last week, and I got to do my first stand-up gig, emceeing at that. Had a blast, and am looking forward to more.

Great read... awaiting your photos.

Edited by YOW

Well Sailor Jack & Jill, when are we going to cross paths again. Remember sitting in the little pool top of back deck on the Star Princess I think Feb 2010. I keep reading your wonderful reviews.

We are going on the Century next Monday (Mar 4th). Take care and hi to Sailor Jill

Sherrill Ontario Cruiser.:)

Next 2 cruises any chance you will be on either?

Emerald Princess TA April 26th 2013

Celebrity Eclipse TA Nov 3rd 2013

I've read your cruise reports on the RCI forum and it's great to see you here too! Excellent and funny as all-get-out, just like we expect from you. :D

Good to be back on Celebrity! We fell in love with the layout of the Infinity and will have to see if it has any sister ships...would be fun to try out another one.

OMG! SailorJack! That was the funniest thing I have read in a long time! Thanks for the laughs.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Welcome back. You've been missed.

Thanks. Obviously, I was happy to be back.:)

Oh, hooray!! Another greatly entertaining, supremely funny and well written Sailor Jack cruise review! What a treat to find on a day when some smiles are definitely needed. Thank you for sharing!!

Thanks for the kind words...glad you found it entertaining.

Most. Entertaining. Review. EVER!:D

Thanks for sharing this; as soon as I stop laughing & mop up the tea I spewed all over my desk :eek: early on in reading your review, I'm calling my travel agent to book this trip for next February. :)

Thanks..hope the tea didn't get in the keyboard!:D It's a great cruise..you will love it!

Probably one of the best and most entertaining reviews I've ever read. I was sorry when it came to end! You certainly remind me of the writing style of Nelson DeMille. Thank you.

Thankyou. You are the second poster to reference Nelson DeMille and I am sorry to say I have not read any of his books. I will rectify that situation asap.

Good to be back on Celebrity! We fell in love with the layout of the Infinity and will have to see if it has any sister ships...would be fun to try out another one.

Infinity is in the M-Class which also consists if the Millennium, Summit and Constellation. Enjoy any and all.

Den

Here are words I thought I would never type: you have made me want to go to Antarctica. We have always said that someday we would go to Argentina to learn to tango - and pairing it with a cruise like you described sounds like a great adventure.

Hmm, 10th anniversary coming up in a couple years.....

Like a lot of posters in your thread, the thought of such a cold cruise fills me with dread, but you make it sound amazing. The fog makes it all so spooky. Did you ever feel worried about colliding with a chunk of ice?

Thank you for such an enjoyable read. Great sense of humour :D

You should put your reviews together and publish them.

Bravo! Sign me up. For all of it!! I already wanted to do this itinerary but now there's no doubt. Well minus the pickpocket ... oh wait, I get the hug, right?? Thanks for making me smile and laugh and spew (just a little) this morning. There are no icebergs in my immediate future but there IS a nice Celebrity ship waiting for me in under two weeks.

great review - can't wait to see sailorjill in her french outf...oh heck that was a joke, wasn't it.:(

Maybe....maybe not?:D

Followed you here from the HAL Board, Jack. Shame on you for making us wait for this installment. I found myself opening the Celebrity Board first, just to see if a Sailor Jack thread had been started. Today, I was rewarded:D!

Bravo - another job well done!

My apologies!:D Hope you found the wait worthwhile.

YEAH! Another Sailor Jack review! For those of you who haven't read his other ones, they are a riot! Search for them, your time will be well spent.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Infinity as I am about to embark on her for a B2B2B.

Thanks for sharing your great sense of humor with us yet again! By the way, I'm a great fan of British Columbia.

If I understood your post - you are going on three consecutive cruises! I should have written this post in green -as the color of envy! Have a great time and enjoy the Infinity...we sure did.

This will go down as one of the greatest reviews/posts ever!

And to think you are talking (well, typing actually) about the serious subject of cruising and vacationing. How can you be so flippant about such a subject that needed photos of 0.08in (sorry. 0.056mm you being Canadian and all), specks of rust so we can all spend 43+ posts threatening to cancel our future cruises?

Den

I do appreciate the metric conversion...thanks! I normally don't dwell on the negative, but I'll be darned if I could find anything negative about the Infinity even if I did. No rust anywhere.

I always enjoy your unique view point! Getting ready to cruise in 18 days - Thanks for the chuckle!

This is the problem with just getting back from a cruise...everybody else is just getting ready to go on one and we have to wait for months before we can go again!:) Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by SailorJack

Sailor Jack as usual loved your review

My poor South America cruise was a dud from start to finish ...I could go into details which I did yesterday before cyberspace swallowed my composition so too tired to try again Suffice it to say we missed most ports due to stormswe rocked and rolled everwherethe Andes mountains chose to hide behind thick clouds so .i never saw them .....ever .....I kid you not

Got robbed at the airport ......

Got cheated repeatedly in .buenos aires ..felt totally unsafe everywhere

as much as i would love to see Antarctica i would love to if I could skip South America

our ship captain was doom and gloom never anything pleasant to report re weather or ports ....He did leave after our cruise ....had had enough ...He wasvery verbal of his dislike of around the cape cruise .you would think Princess would have sent him elsewhere !!!

But glad you enjoyed ....Re iInfinity ...it is like Millie ....wonderful ship with T poool All ships should. Have free t pools ...what bliss for achy muscles

Unfortunately they sent millie too far

Welcome back Thank you for my smile

Because of you I dreamt i saw all these boats under water ....apparently they kept them. That way in winter ....safe under water ...very nice yachts and sailboats ...water was clear I guess your description of the Argentinian navy spurred that on ....LOL

Welcome back fellowCanuck I GUESS NOW Canada does not seemthat cold ...right ??

Michele

Sir, you have the wit of our Oscar Wilde. A most enjoyable read tonight from the frosty but clear west coast of Ireland.

Go n'eiri an bother leat!

Glad you enjoyed it.

And may your journeys be successful as well.:)

That was hysterical! We were on your cruise and had some of the same feelings (i.e. people taking pictures of chairs, people taking people or people taking pictures and of course............trying to say Ushuaia).

Thanks for the laugh!

It was a great cruise, wasn't it! And I wasn't kidding (much) about how hard it was for me to learn to pronounce that city! Hope you are all unpacked now and waiting for your next cruise.:)

This is a truly hilarious - and informative - review! Thank you for posting. The adventurer in me would love to do this cruise, but the fear of sea sickness (and dislike of cold) deters me. Were rough seas a problem? Were you able to enjoy your balcony much?

Sheila

Actually, the seas were very calm - I don't know of anybody that suffered mal de mer. As I mentioned in my review there had been some very rough seas a couple of weeks before our trip, but ours was fine! The Infinity repeated the same itinerary following ours and the posts from people on that cruise reported even better wheather than we had. There were only about 3 days out of the 14 that it was really too cold to use the balcony. That said, even on those days we bundled up and stood outside for a while marveling at the scenery. The seas can vary, but if you like adventure I'd say go for it!

Photos are coming, but I have to upload over 500 of them (I won't post all of them!) and it is slow going. My apologies, but I am not familiar with John Corey.

John Corey is a character in Nelson DeMille novels who displays the same wit as you do.

Thanks. I have added him to my reading list.

Easy to do. Approach a local bar/club, the kind of place that has live music acts (not the other kind of live acts, LOL). Ask them what their slowest night of the week is, when they typically don't have shows. Tell them you'd like to run a comedy night, and that this will bring in some extra business. Next, get in touch with Toastmasters in your area -- they always have humorous (and wannabe humorous) speakers looking for stage time. Put together a lineup of acts, then promote the heck out of it on Twitter, Facebook, etc. We just did this last week, and I got to do my first stand-up gig, emceeing at that. Had a blast, and am looking forward to more.

Great read... awaiting your photos.

I had never thought about that approach...how original of you! I have also thought about seeing if the local comedy clubs have an open mike night. The only trouble with that is that if I really bomb, I might see these people around town again. Not like on a ship where you will never see them again.:)

Thanks for the advice.