Tropical Storm Arlene

dbmiller1956

Everyone see we have our first Tropical Storm of the season in Arlene? Isn't it starting a little early. I don't remember them forming the beginning of June last year.

Oh well, those of you starting a cruise on Saturday..best of luck and hope there are no problems!

Deena

Yep, it is now the season. Folks might be remembering that last year, a very busy and destructive year, the first named storm (Alex) did not occur until July 31. It went on to become a full hurricane, but started much later.

I see from the Caribbean Princess webcam the ship is still in Cozumel. Anyone posting onboard now? Are they going to wait out the storm there or try to beat it back to Florida?

According to the weather people here in FL, tropical storms typically form in the gulf every other year and can form as early as April. Last year they did not form until July, but the year before they formed in April or May. Just because they form early in the season doesnt mean anything, the season is a wait and see every year. We have a cruise set for the Eastern in early November so we are waiting to see then as well.

Have fun no matter where you end up at sea or in a different port.

Karen

Earlier today you could see the port and shopping area. So the ship has moved or turned...or they have moved the webcam. Now you see land.

Whether they try to get back or not, hope they stay safe. We were on one of those 8 ships that floated around the ocean for 2 extra days last year because of Jeannie. So, not knowing what is going on can be no fun at all....even if you are on a ship.:D

Deena

If a ship doesn't get back on schedule because of a hurricane, the following cruise will be shortened. This happened on several occasions last year. The passengers on the first cruise may get an extra day or 2 at no addtional cost, and the passengers on the second cruise will be reimbursed for the missing days, as their 7 night cruise may end up being only a 5 or 6 day cruise.

Ginnie

As a Floridian and a cruiser...ready to go Saturday...I am keeping a close eye. Not really worried about our route, but hoping the ship gets back in time! :)

And if it doesn't, you get extra days. Things are looking pretty good right now, though according to our local weather forecaster (which is the same as yours) it's supposed to be raining buckets right now. Lots of wind; no rain.

Arlene

Well...I am back from errands...now I will finish packing! I can't stay away from the computer (I keep watching the WebCam) LOL

Thanks for the well wishes!!!! I can't wait...I'm going on a cruise...I am going on a cruise...(dancing while singing) LOL :)

Archived