14 Day Alaska itinerary - It's baacckkk!

We are going. Just got hold of our TA and told her to book us on the July 27 sailing.:D Will be celebrating anniversary #56 aboard. Jane & Gary

Congratulations! What wonderful memories you must have to celebrate as you look forward to many more happy years!

So, the website was just updated today. I spotted the news here, headed right on over to the HAL website, found a date I want, and looked for my two favorite cabins.

Neither one is available! :eek: Already! :mad:

Not happy. :(

But I may settle down and find another date, or another cabin, that pleases me. I love this itinerary!

So, the website was just updated today. I spotted the news here, headed right on over to the HAL website, found a date I want, and looked for my two favorite cabins.

But I may settle down and find another date, or another cabin, that pleases me. I love this itinerary!

I was surprised, too, that my first 2 cabin choices were taken. Especially because as it is so early in the season (May sailing). I thought there wouldn't be as much interest.

I was surprised, too, that my first 2 cabin choices were taken. Especially because as it is so early in the season (May sailing). I thought there wouldn't be as much interest.

Is it possible they are just not releasing all the cabins at this time? This surely does seems odd to me.

Thanks to the poster who alerted me to this in the Alaska 2014 thread here on the HAL boards. And many thanks to HAL for hearing our pleas to bring back this wonderful itinerary! You done good:p.

Just posted today on the HAL website - in 2014, the amazing 14 day Alaska itinerary roundtrip from Seattle on the Amsterdam is back! Only one sailing per month for May, June, July and August of 2014 (w/7 day RT Seattle sailings in between), but I'll take what I can get;).

For those who don't know, it is a true 14 day itinerary w/no repeat ports, and it includes the little visited ports of Kodiak, Homer, and sails right up Cook Inlet to the port of Anchorage itself. It includes all the "usual suspects" of Sitka, Juneau, Ketchikan, and Icy Strait, with a day long stop in Victoria, BC, and Tracy Arm and Hubbard Glacier for scenic sailing days.

Doesn't include Glacier Bay anymore (although it did when I sailed in 2010), and Skagway was also dropped after 2010 (replaced with ISP) - but still a darn good itinerary that I have been fortunate enough to sail twice (2010 and 2011), and am chomping at the bit to do it again in 2014!

I know from your postings how much you love Alaska.:)

Enjoy your cruise and this wonderful itinerary.:):)

Is it possible they are just not releasing all the cabins at this time? This surely does seems odd to me.

That's a good point. But hey, I have lot of time to obsess about it and change cabins if need or opportunity arises!:D

I suspect the ones I checked on have already been held in some agency's group allocation. They are popular cabins.

So glad everyone is as excited as I am - and booking those cruises - good on you! As far as cabins being taken - I too found it odd that the first time I did a dummy booking, two of the cabins I was interested were already booked. So then I took a look at the deck plans to see what else might appeal, and noticed that in 2014, two of the cabins I was interested in were changed from DD cabins to H cabins. So then I tried to book those two cabins, using the new cabin designation, and viola', it said both were available! Tried one more time w/the same result.

A friend who wants me to sail with her then had her agent try to put a hold on one of our preferred cabins, and it said they were booked:(. What the heck?

So glad everyone is as excited as I am - and booking those cruises - good on you! As far as cabins being taken - I too found it odd that the first time I did a dummy booking, two of the cabins I was interested were already booked. So then I took a look at the deck plans to see what else might appeal, and noticed that in 2014, two of the cabins I was interested in were changed from DD cabins to H cabins. So then I tried to book those two cabins, using the new cabin designation, and viola', it said both were available! Tried one more time w/the same result.

A friend who wants me to sail with her then had her agent try to put a hold on one of our preferred cabins, and it said they were booked:(. What the heck?

I talked with my cruise consultant at HAL and even she was confused by the shift in categories, but we got what and where I wanted. She said she did have to go into the system and get an update.... so there will be some confusion for awhile I think.

Susan

I will see you there..... I hope. Cabins are selling fast!!!

Susan

That's wonderful! We're booked, now all I have to do is tell my husband how much it's going to cost!:eek:

Wish me luck!

Carol

My friend's TA on the west coast was able to put a hold on our preferred cabin late last night as I was snoozing here on the east coast:D. Susan, Carol and Bill - looks like we'll all be on the 5/18 sailing if all goes as planned!

Colleyberry - thanks for the good wishes. Yup, Alaska is my heart home, so excited for the opportunity to do it again! As a matter of fact, just 90 days from today, we'll be in Anchorage waking after a late night/early morning arrival to begin our journey to Denali National Park.:p

Did anyone else notice that the map shows going up the east side of Vancouver island? Wahoo!

And I noticed some of the higher categories (like c) are designated as partially obstructed. Has this always been?

I like the idea that we are going up in the Inside Passage as well.

I just hope that HAL doesn't change it at the last minute.

Thanks for the heads up about this. We're booking it first thing this morning when VTG opens up.

Did the 7 day a few years back and not interested in doing that again.

My friend's TA on the west coast was able to put a hold on our preferred cabin late last night as I was snoozing here on the east coast:D. Susan, Carol and Bill - looks like we'll all be on the 5/18 sailing if all goes as planned!

Great news AIP!!! I figured all those cabins could not be booked yet. I figured it must be some kind of computer glitch with the new cabin categories. So happy you got what you wanted!!! I will be sure to travel vicariously with you, unless we figure out a way to go too.

Archived